PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Starting a Vlog on Youtube. Opinions?

Toasted
05-02-2013, 06:50 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I actually used to have one with 200+ subscribers started, but that was back when I first started playing guitar
and wanting to do something generally cool.

Since then, I'm down to 28 subscribers who still message once in a while asking if I'll ever start back--
to which I keep saying "maybe?"....

So, what do you guys think?

Would you subscribe if I had a guitar-playing & singing, guides/how-to, and other misc. videos?

Also, I'd be glad to advertise Ck while I'm at it. :$

Mod
05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Well what are you going to talk about?

As much as I know you love the MJ,
I find those vlogs on YT where the vloggers just smoke from their bong for 5-9 minutes before saying, "Oh shit, I'm fuckin' high", then cutting the video - incredibly lame.

Toasted
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Well what are you going to talk about?

As much as I know you love the MJ,
I find those vlogs on YT where the vloggers just smoke from their bong for 5-9 minutes before saying, "Oh shit, I'm fuckin' high", then cutting the video - incredibly lame.

LOL I would never, ever do that. My YT name doesn't even have a thing to do with the MJ either.
I have a child, and MANYMANYMANY of my viewers would just flame me for being a mother who smokes.

The blog will be a mix of things like viral video reviews, tutorials on various things (i.e; cooking, make-up, hair-styling, car-care tips, etc.),
me doing covers of songs on the geetawr, and maybe a few speed-draw vids.

Mod
05-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh, well that's aight.

Just know once you put your face (and name) out there on YT, you're anyone's game.
From the admirers to the haters to the creepers to the demented.

(you'll probably get a few dumb legit-Neopians coming to bash our cheating ways and questioning you as a person, for instance)

If you want to be a successful YTer though, you'll need to be original. Something people haven't already seen, and something people like.
And your vlogs will have to be well edited to look professional. If you want the subs in the thousands mark, that is.

(I like your title gif.)

Toasted
05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh, well that's aight.

Just know once you put your face (and name) out there on YT, you're anyone's game.
From the admirers to the haters to the creepers to the demented.

(you'll probably get a few dumb legit-Neopians coming to bash our cheating ways and questioning you as a person, for instance)

If you want to be a successful YTer though, you'll need to be original. Something people haven't already seen, and something people like.
And your vlogs will have to be well edited to look professional. If you want the subs in the thousands mark, that is.

(I like your title gif.)

Thanks! :$

I guarantee I can give deh' peepulz what they want-- originality, that is.
And I can also handle any haters/legiters that wanna hate.

Thats actually my next question-- what program do you suggest I obtain/download/steal to edit my videos?
My laptop has a built-in camera with HD quality, so I'm good there. :D

Lilac Tentacles
05-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd subscribe!!!

We should make a ck vlog where we submit our awesome ck points of view and let the legit bitches hate.

Toasted
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I'd subscribe!!!

We should make a ck vlog where we submit our awesome ck points of view and let the legit bitches hate.

Yay!!!

And oooh, you start it and I shall help and link it on mine and guest-star in videos!

Lilac Tentacles
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Yay!!!

And oooh, you start it and I shall help and link it on mine and guest-star in videos!

My contract for my full-time job is up in July. I'll be bored and can vlog away!!

Toasted
05-02-2013, 10:24 PM
My contract for my full-time job is up in July. I'll be bored and can vlog away!!

It's a plan, then! :D

I'm pretty sure I'll be working on an intro video for my channel this week, and take suggestions here for my first How-To/Tutorial video. :D

Mod
05-03-2013, 01:01 AM

Hanging up the M4 and sheathing the KA-BAR for a camera and feelings?!

Who can I call 'soldier' then?!
Who will protect cK's waters from idiocy using bursts of heavy sarcasm?!
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF ANYONE BUT YOURSELF?!

wrath
05-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Thanks! :$

I guarantee I can give deh' peepulz what they want-- originality, that is.
And I can also handle any haters/legiters that wanna hate.

Thats actually my next question-- what program do you suggest I obtain/download/steal to edit my videos?
My laptop has a built-in camera with HD quality, so I'm good there. :D

Camtasia Studio 8 is nice.

Lilac Tentacles
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Hanging up the M4 and sheathing the KA-BAR for a camera and feelings?!

Who can I call 'soldier' then?!
Who will protect cK's waters from idiocy using bursts of heavy sarcasm?!
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF ANYONE BUT YOURSELF?!

My full time desk job is ending. Not my army one. Dorkus. I'll still be here to laugh at your antics and shoot people for you.

Mod
05-03-2013, 01:31 AM
My full time desk job is ending. Not my army one. Dorkus. I'll still be here to laugh at your antics and shoot people for you.

I love you as much as two strangers on a Neopets cheating forum can.

Lilac Tentacles
05-03-2013, 01:36 AM
I love you as much as two strangers on a Neopets cheating forum can.

The love is mutual.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

... erm... closest thing i could find?

Mod
05-03-2013, 01:43 AM
... erm... closest thing i could find?

It's the thought that counts.

wrath
05-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Mod cupcakeninja

can I be ursula plz?

Lilac Tentacles
05-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Mod cupcakeninja

can I be ursula plz?

sure. I was going to be her for halloween this year.

Mod
05-03-2013, 01:52 AM
can I be ursula plz?

Whosat? The porker?

Toasted
05-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Mod cupcakeninja

Y'know, you guys could be using this creativity to list videos you'd wanna see on my channel!

HenriP
07-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Use imagination

Ken
07-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I love the idea of having some ckers in for opinions! I love TheFineBros and I think we can do that as well!

I will subscribe to you Toasted! Most of the vloggers I watch have themes on diff days.

Shawn
07-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Show me some!

Meddek
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
There's defiantly a crowd out there for videos and tutorials like that. You just have to find a way to be different and stand out be entertaining in your videos not just "heres how you do this kthx bye"

Raj
07-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Did you make a channel Toasted? SHOW USSSS

Toasted
07-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Raj Meddek

Im actually planning on doing a new, random video every week.

For the first month it might just be guitar/singing videos until I get enough feedback from those to see where to head from there. :$

Meddek
07-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Raj Meddek

Im actually planning on doing a new, random video every week.

For the first month it might just be guitar/singing videos until I get enough feedback from those to see where to head from there. :$

You could also get your subs involved and have them send you video suggestions or songs they want to see.

Raj
07-30-2013, 02:14 PM
What's your youtube username? :D

Toasted
07-31-2013, 07:52 PM
You could also get your subs involved and have them send you video suggestions or songs they want to see.
Top notch idea! :D Thanks!

What's your youtube username? :D

SassySlug. :3

sanji
11-10-2013, 07:45 PM
SassySlug have to see the videos nice idea put more videos and some videopranks