PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Bambi as a kid?

Toasted
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Mouse
04-29-2013, 08:03 AM
BUUUURDDEEEE!

Luv
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Lilac Tentacles
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Oh goody, I get to tell you about my crazy childhood. In kindergarten, they showed this movie. I went to a private Christian school since my parents were in seminary college. My dad found out Bambi was going to be played one Friday as a treat. He sent me to school with a note on my shirt that said I was not allowed to watch that movie. My teacher was confused and didn't understand why so she let me watch it. Being 6 years old and seeing as how the movie was right after lunch, I fell asleep and don't remember any of it. He found out she ignored him, came to the school, and politely ripped her a new one. My family has a long tradition of killing woodland creatures and he didn't want me feeling bad for our food. The "villain" in Bambi is the evil hunters. Which is stupid because deer overpopulation is bad for everyone including the deer. Not enough food to feed the deer masses, death by accidents, rampant disease, and lack of delicious deer jerky. I agree with my father. Bambi is fucked up shit to be showing to six year olds.

No idea what this vid has to do with it, just thought I'd share.

Toasted
04-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Oh goody, I get to tell you about my crazy childhood. In kindergarten, they showed this movie. I went to a private Christian school since my parents were in seminary college. My dad found out Bambi was going to be played one Friday as a treat. He sent me to school with a note on my shirt that said I was not allowed to watch that movie. My teacher was confused and didn't understand why so she let me watch it. Being 6 years old and seeing as how the movie was right after lunch, I fell asleep and don't remember any of it. He found out she ignored him, came to the school, and politely ripped her a new one. My family has a long tradition of killing woodland creatures and he didn't want me feeling bad for our food. The "villain" in Bambi is the evil hunters. Which is stupid because deer overpopulation is bad for everyone including the deer. Not enough food to feed the deer masses, death by accidents, rampant disease, and lack of delicious deer jerky. I agree with my father. Bambi is fucked up shit to be showing to six year olds.

I agree and disagree. xD

You should've been able to see it with no problems, and I think your dad is like too protective. xD

Lilac Tentacles
04-29-2013, 09:02 AM
I agree and disagree. xD

You should've been able to see it with no problems, and I think your dad is like too protective. xD

Meh. I'm with my dad on this. I have zero desire to ever see this. I've seen clips and all I can think is... Mmmmm, dinner.

It's a stupid movie. Little Mermaid is much better.

Toasted
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Meh. I'm with my dad on this. I have zero desire to ever see this. I've seen clips and all I can think is... Mmmmm, dinner.

It's a stupid movie. Little Mermaid is much better.

Well yeah, but its still a cute movie. xD
Idk, as a kid I was more interested in cute stuff versus whether I'd eat it or not. LOL

Mod
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM

And that.
Is why you are a soldier.

*tear*
*salute*

"CCN!"