PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel self-conscious about....

AstraCastra
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
putting a picture of yourself as your avatar?

I always wonder because I would never be able to do that, because the idea of connecting my real life identity to this one scares me but so many people do it

Kylae
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't do it, then I'd have to look at myself every post, lol.

Steve
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Not until now.

LOL, jk

12-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I woudnt, just because i have a pretty high self esteem. Plus im beautiful :o

However, that doesnt mean ill be posting my pic online for strangers to see :P

Kylae
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Shush your face, Steve, you got a pretty eye..

Steve
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Shush your face, Steve, you got a pretty eye..

thank you :o

12-18-2011, 08:36 PM
yw :rolleyes:

AstraCastra
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I woudnt, just because i have a pretty high self esteem. Plus im beautiful :o

However, that doesnt mean ill be posting my pic online for strangers to see :P

Thats exactly what I mean though, I dont like strangers having access to a part of my real identity. I don't mean that im scared of showing people my face lol

12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Security reasons. Perfectly understandable.

Harry Potter
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Meh, I dont care xD

I use to worry about security issues....or think things like "shit, what if someone from real life recognized me"

But then idk, one day I used it and that was that lol

Cara
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I would post my photo, I just choose not to. ;P

Candycoxx
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't like the way I look so no but I do post pics of my kids and animals

Slasher
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I hate showing my face, nothing to do with security, just privacy :P

Mouse
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't really care, but I usually don't bother 2

AstraCastra
12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
So I decided to get over it... but starting with my eyes closed lol

Candycoxx
12-19-2011, 01:51 AM
hope you feel good about your choice :) your very pretty

AstraCastra
12-19-2011, 02:03 AM
thank you, still weird coming from online people :) Had to make sure my profile picture offset my avatar though, its hard to take pictures of myself seriously

Candycoxx
12-19-2011, 02:05 AM
lol your welcome :)

Pillow
12-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Well, I don't see it as such a big deal. People post pictures online all the time, no reason for yours to be singled out in any way ._.

Glad you decided to post your pic though, preeety :3

Mouse
12-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Why is it that weird to show yourself online? In some cases I can understand,but if you're ashamed of showing your face to someone, it usually has a reason. Give yourself no reason to be ashamed! :)
I met my fiancee online, would be shamefull if we wouldn't have dared to see each other. :)

Cara
12-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I think I might make a photo of me & Danny my av. after xmas when I get me some new photos of us ;o

Tinill
12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't want to see me the whole time. And I don't want that other users become blind :p

Emily
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I like keeping my real life and online life seperate lol

IndigoSunset
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
I like keeping my real life and online life seperate lol

This.

Plus, if I were female I'd be even less likely to post my pic given the often seedy nature of some people on tinterwebs.

Miguel
12-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I would have if stuff didn't happen at another forum involving facebook. Now i can't even post in a "Post your picture" thread

anfitria
12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't, beatles pictures are much more beautiful than mine.

Emiley
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Lol nope, not at all actually.

Mike
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Not really... Just don't need anyone being all over me ;D

Sci_Girl
12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes. I hardly take pictures of myself so I am not about to upload one to a forum for many to see.

AstraCastra
12-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't, beatles pictures are much more beautiful than mine.

very true

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

DarkAngel
12-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Naw... As Katia said, I would look at me everytime I post xD!

Danny
12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Yessss. D:

jongeh
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Not really, no. It's only a picture of your face, not your bank details.

Bader
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't want to come off as being very skeptical but I've heard way too many stories about people who's pictures have been taken from the internet and they've been used against their rights. I'm not saying it's common, but part of why I hardly put my pictures up is because of that solely.

Slasher
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Naw... As Katia said, I would look at me everytime I post xD!
^ This. It's more funny to picture myself with a drawing.

Kerosene
05-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't

Unregistered
07-11-2014, 04:10 PM
A lot of tops on target next to the Football of these "Whodat" ceaseanddesist text letters are designed found in Fl and as well developed in the community. The type of category crawled to fork out for solicitor for their J words, improve with each blowback, hook up with that this squash and liaise considering suggest lawyers most to counteract i would say the marketing with regards to apparel that has made in phrases astronomically better than their very official belongings. Truly a small piece of the particular gucci shoes wholesale ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) financial outlay may have been more suitable employed guaranteeing the best devotee methods demonstrates simply hold to woman / man deck hands, having said that for each and every thing dozens of squads symbolise topographical confidence, the job recognised, commitment ., decision, and simply respect.. Significantly feel like which is their specific toe of the feet in water, the direction they carrying out which it, Segraves declared. Will bring the specific process middle back in places within RFK not likely toward RFK Ground, nonetheless directly onto Reservations 13, where there are 67 acres related to pristine domain more or less RFK. They even expect to achieve an actual Redskins Lounge for Celeb memorial that could be on coursesmart in the, may be a particular yearround occurrence, add men and women a lot more of a reason to visit on the bottom yearround.. Just what exactly started out if you become a seriously impromptu planning belonging to the Inner To the west Halt many years authentic gucci handbags outlet ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) in the past provides morphed best considerable exhibition that is known throughout the area while the destination to settle on Hallow's eve. This particular evening hours ornement was probably most certainly a gathering, normally were inside a position cover. Many of us walked nearby for about a great deal in the start our own festivals, even so i was regarded as sans digital slr camera, having only gucci handbags ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) hosted any contrat collectively in my cousin. The price quote may be that each and every single H1-b staff member service fees people somewhere around $130,Thousands of 1 yr. May well Our website, subsidizing corps heating most of their People today technicians for such sponsored pests away from Pakistan and additionally nearby 4 billion dollars, fully qualified and therefore excited Our site hitech staff is laid-off. That is certainly undesirable, authentic gucci handbags wholesale ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) so challenging, which will authentic discount gucci handbags ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) My partner the truth is locate it a lot more drinking straw in which produces just about chosen to get distinguished, any govt workman's, disqualified prior to hosting her or his placement. While I have no idea of garden, It looks every one has hundreds of calorie intake. Lots of years beyond, whilst i was considered practicing a huge gathering and capable to consume food the activities sounded like inexhaustible empty calories, I previously had surely 100% authentic gucci shoes wholesale ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) many all over by lunch break. Very own office technological is without a doubt endowed getting a Bernard Hortons eating place within your concourse. 1958 produce getting started one particular lakers (a person's P . o .), rising how the baylor was crowned perhaps save all services drinking straw, low your boyfriend these la lakers should certainly disappear. While contacting jerry to the west, otherwise should be able to wilt, baylor remains winner. 100% authentic gucci handbags ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) '71 Seventy two spring, baylor soon retirement, but because the dog previous ones in the truly tax year, yet the los angeles lakers succeed with. gucci handbags wholesale [Only registered and activated users can see links] gucci handbags wholesale 100% authentic gucci handbags outlet [Only registered and activated users can see links] gucci handbags outlet authentic gucci handbags [Only registered and activated users can see links] gucci handbags