PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to incorporate one program into another?

SmileYaDead
04-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I have this program that checks something for me manually, meaning I need to input text by hand and click "check". Would it be possible to automate it so it runs a list on it's own?

j03
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Someone can make one similar, but if it's already compiled then we can't modify it without the original source.. unless we have some reverse engineers in the house??

DarkByte
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Depends on the program too , if its a console app you can use a dos pipe to load it inside your program. Remember the old programs that come with gzip.exe? They did this. Works best if the app takes command parameters for settings.

Having the original code helps.

SmileYaDead
04-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Someone can make one similar, but if it's already compiled then we can't modify it without the original source.. unless we have some reverse engineers in the house??

No source, that's why I was thinking of a program that uses that one inside of it.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Depends on the program too , if its a console app you can use a dos pipe to load it inside your program. Remember the old programs that come with gzip.exe? They did this. Works best if the app takes command parameters for settings.

Having the original code helps.

It's the one it sent you yesterday, the checker ;) *ssshhh*

Zachafer
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
You could use a macro recording program to automate repeated tasks.