PDA

View Full Version : Catching Fire

Pestix
03-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Is anyone as excited as me for the new Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire?

I recently read the trilogy.. and can't wait to see how this is done on screen!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Batgirl
03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Okurimono
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Lol! I know I am!!!! :D

Pestix
03-23-2013, 08:17 AM
It will probably be like the first one where, personally, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I had not read the book

Benjamin
03-23-2013, 08:21 AM
I have never watched the first movie - and I won't.
I love the books, but I don't like movies in general.
I still have to finish the third book, but I have no time, really looking forward to it.

funnybell
03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Ehh, kinda iffy. I've read all the books, and was slightly disappointed to see the movie. I'll definitely go see Catching Fire, though.

metaldroga
03-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I already read this trilogy and is very boring :S

Pestix
04-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Teaser trailer:

Jager
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
It doesn't look bad

Leah
04-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I absolutely love these books! The movie was a lot better than I had expected it to be, and I'm SO EXCITED for Catching Fire ^^

naruto
04-15-2013, 09:38 PM
yes i read the trilogy, and book two is my favorite. Can't wait to see the animations of the rouge monkeys and the force field.

Jager
04-15-2013, 10:00 PM
To me though the trailer looks like book 3 than 2. They're such a tease for posting it in April and having us wait 7 months until showing

purekilla
04-15-2013, 10:06 PM
i just saw the preview for it after the MTV award show that was just on, and ive gotta say i think it looks really good, maybe not as good as the first but it should be amazing none the less, i think my plan is to read the books this summer

Pestix
04-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I highly recommend the books purekilla

purekilla
04-15-2013, 10:39 PM
I highly recommend the books purekilla

thanks, 1 of my brothers read them and absolutely loved them, i just havent found the time yet to read books but this summer ill have plenty of time

aeolia
05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Only read the 1st book. Hopefully will enjoy the next two.

Jellyfishxd
06-10-2013, 05:28 AM
The trailer didn't show any of the good + anticipated bits (don't wanna spoil it for the non book readers)! It better not be like the first movie again, 1 hour before any actual hunger GAMES =(

shadowcat
06-10-2013, 05:58 AM
I've never read the books (don't kill me :() but I've watched the first movie and it was amazing! I'll definitely want to watch the sequel to that.

Allegra
06-10-2013, 06:57 AM
i am so freakin excited for this, you have no idea

SugarCoated
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Excited for this as well! Even my dad's excited for this one and wants to watch it on imax if it'll be out on imax lol.

learningtoneopet1
06-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I really liked the books, and the first movie wasn't that bad. What Im afraid of is this falling into the trap of each successive movie being more of a flop than the first.

Daenery
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
The books are amazing and contain far, far more detail than the movies could muster. That's understandable since they only have so much screen-time, after all. The only thing I really don't like about watching movies based on books is how the visualization of certain events, ideas, or characters is usually different from how I imagined it. Still looking forward to Catching Fire, though! I didn't feel like the first movie was as strong as the book, but I enjoyed it all the same. Jennifer Lawrence is a supremely talented actress.

Kevin!
06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
ive not read the books but ive heard some good reviews from people and if it is anything like the first movie then im sure that it is going to be awesome!!

Arabella
06-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm always irritated with some things when I've read a book first, but they did a pretty good job with the first Hunger Games movie. They didn't destroy it like most other adaptions do. Looking forward to the new movie!

Liam Hemsworth annoys the hell out of me though, mostly due to the fact that he reminds me of Miley Cyrus. Oh well, never really liked Gale in the books anyway.

Thunder
06-25-2013, 12:54 AM
I read the whole hunger games series in 4 days, and while I think the second one is the best, I just really think they messed up the first one. The audience doesn't know that the main romance is fake, and I dunno, that's pretty essential. I'm sure it'll rake in a ton of money though :P

Finn
06-25-2013, 01:16 AM
I really hope this movie will be really great, maybe even better than the first!
I think the whole book series was awesome.

Allegra
06-25-2013, 01:16 AM
I read the whole hunger games series in 4 days, and while I think the second one is the best, I just really think they messed up the first one. The audience doesn't know that the main romance is fake, and I dunno, that's pretty essential. I'm sure it'll rake in a ton of money though :P

I thought the first movie did pretty well with dropping the subtle hints about how it all worked. Given how hard it is to communicate that in a movie.

Finn
06-25-2013, 01:31 AM
I thought the first movie did pretty well with dropping the subtle hints about how it all worked. Given how hard it is to communicate that in a movie.

My thoughts exactly. The director's interpretation of the movie was pretty well played out onto the screen. Kudos.

Arabella
06-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Maybe it was just because I read the book, but I thought the movie was fine with how it showed the romance. Katniss nearly kills Peeta after he says he has a crush on her, and she obviously suspects something. And in the cave, it's when her real feelings actually do sort of come out in the book too, she wasn't being completely fake there.

Thunder
06-25-2013, 01:44 AM

Perhaps, I dunno. Saw it twice, and while the books are always better, I just feel like the movies could have been changed slightly. I'll still go see and give the movie companies more money, but it's just missing that little something that could make it brilliant, in my eyes.