PDA

View Full Version : Metalheads?

Mouse
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
How many does cl have atm? And what band or song makes you want to absolutely headbang the shit out of life?
For me it's a lot of both, but my absolute turnon on headbanging, sport or any other moment in life is pretty much Lamb of God. Forever.

Nath
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I get ridiculed for my taste in music here though - apparently you're not cool unless you like Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.

My all time favourite band is SOAD - might be going to see them in Amsterdam in August. Hoping they release a new album this year or next year.

Too many bands I love to list though I need to find some new tunes as my collection is getting stale.

Mod
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I like Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.

OMG. Me too! We just a buncha Lady Bieber fanboys here at cK, aren't we?!

*screeeeam*!!!

Mouse
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
I get ridiculed for my taste in music here though - apparently you're not cool unless you like Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.

My all time favourite band is SOAD - might be going to see them in Amsterdam in August. Hoping they release a new album this year or next year.

Too many bands I love to list though I need to find some new tunes as my collection is getting stale.

Hey, my birthday is in August! Take me with you to the concert as a bday gift! lol :D
I love them too, but mainly the most known songs, because I always hop around so much in music I usually don't have "the time" to get in to a lot of bands deeply.

Nath
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
OMG. Me too! We just a buncha Lady Bieber fanboys here at cK, aren't we?!

*screeeeam*!!!

O M G ... I lurb him

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Hey, my birthday is in August! Take me with you to the concert as a bday gift! lol :D
I love them too, but mainly the most known songs, because I always hop around so much in music I usually don't have "the time" to get in to a lot of bands deeply.

What date in August? mine is too :D

Toasted
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Im an August baby too! :rolleyes: The 31st.

I love me some Dimmu Borgir & Otep.

Mouse
03-15-2013, 11:47 AM
O M G ... I lurb him

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

What date in August? mine is too :D

10th, so we should totally rock the party together!:$

Drizzy
04-13-2013, 06:04 AM
I listen to all sorts these days, so not exclusively a metalhead, but I grew up headbangin to this song;

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

gaskin
04-14-2013, 02:19 AM
What type of metal do you all listen to? For me I'm going through a symphonic metal stage at the moment. I saw Nightwish live in January and I'm seeing Epica on the 23rd of this month.

Other then that I'm into just your bog standard metal. I'm not really much of a fan of death metal etc.

Zachafer
04-14-2013, 02:54 AM

SOAD will always be one of my main time favorite bands, thanks for agreeing with me on this one

Drizzy
04-14-2013, 03:10 AM
What type of metal do you all listen to? For me I'm going through a symphonic metal stage at the moment. I saw Nightwish live in January and I'm seeing Epica on the 23rd of this month.

Metalcore/Post-Hardcore for me.
Bands like Greeley Estates, The Word Alive, D.R.U.G.S. Eyes Set to Kill, Ready Set Fall!
Scary Kids Scaring Kids were my first and fave band though, saddest day of my life was when I heard they were disbanding.

Batgirl
04-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Korn and Disturbed, Slipknot.

Korn and Device, David Draiman's new band is coming to STL. $120 for two tickets. ;_;

Although I got to see Slipknot and got a picture with number 6 ;)

There are more but those are definitely my top three. I don't know how "metal" he is, Rob Zombie. <3 I've seen him three times, I'd kill to see him more. Oh wait, he's coming back to STL? *goes to buy ticket* XD

Mouse
04-14-2013, 06:57 AM

Other then that I'm into just your bog standard metal. I'm not really much of a fan of death metal etc.

I listen to metal. And I refuse to give in to labels of subgenres.
Its all one big, loud family. B)

But some of my fav bands are Lamb of God, Tool, Haggard (Classic and Metal combined, oh yay!), Chimaira, Alestorm, Rob Zombie, Arch Enemy, etc, etc,etc.

Kat
04-14-2013, 11:17 AM
dream theater = favv (A)

hcdanny
05-28-2013, 05:54 AM

;o , I saw Epica and Therion last year and I'm going to see : Nightwish, HIM, the 69 eyes , Carach Angren, Born from pain, Sinister and many more!
I LOVE METAL \m/

Duck4Cover
05-31-2013, 07:12 AM
One here!
Some of my favorite metal bands are Iron Maiden, Napalm Death, Dream Theatre, Celtic Frost, and White Zombie.
The bands that really gets me going though is Edge of Sanity, and White Zombie.
They are usually my workout music, they work well at getting me pumped up.

LittlePunker
05-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I am. :)
I like head banging to Avenged Sevenfold for sure.
I listen to some newer metal too, more "hardcore" music such as Asking Alexandria, Pierce The Veil, Black Veil Brides, etc.
But I range a lot lol

Pestix
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
My boyfriend is really into metal..

I've been learning a slow appreciation for it I guess lol

hcdanny
06-02-2013, 06:38 AM
I am. :)
I like head banging to Avenged Sevenfold for sure.
I listen to some newer metal too, more "hardcore" music such as Asking Alexandria, Pierce The Veil, Black Veil Brides, etc.
But I range a lot lol

Those bands aren't hardcore ;o they are classified as emo metal :P. these bands are hardcore : Hatebreed , madball, born from pain, bio hazard.

LittlePunker
06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Those bands aren't hardcore ;o they are classified as emo metal :P. these bands are hardcore : Hatebreed , madball, born from pain, bio hazard.
That's just how I classify them. really I think have so many sub genres to one genre is a little much. lol
Either way, all I know is I like them. :)

hcdanny
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
That's just how I classify them. really I think have so many sub genres to one genre is a little much. lol
Either way, all I know is I like them. :)

true, there are many sub genres. And I also like them xD. . abit

Gbyrn
06-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Im an August baby too! :rolleyes: The 31st.

I love me some Dimmu Borgir & Otep.

HELL YES. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is one of the most brutal albums ever. Although I am listening to Death Cult Armageddon right now.

Toasted
06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
HELL YES. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is one of the most brutal albums ever. Although I am listening to Death Cult Armageddon right now.

YES, that album made my jimmies shiver. x3

Thunder
06-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Between the Buried and Me anyone? Seriously, if you like metal, and you want to have an orgasm, listen to the 'Colours' album through completely. They have a live playthrough of it from start to finish, probably on youtube somewhere. They're amazingly talented.

I enjoy all metal though, I will literally listen to anything ranging from grindcore to black metal to death prog metal to mathcore to whatever you name it. I'm not only solo metal either, I listen to other genres :P I'm diverse.

Jolz
06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Between the Buried and Me anyone? Seriously, if you like metal, and you want to have an orgasm, listen to the 'Colours' album through completely. They have a live playthrough of it from start to finish, probably on youtube somewhere. They're amazingly talented.

I enjoy all metal though, I will literally listen to anything ranging from grindcore to black metal to death prog metal to mathcore to whatever you name it. I'm not only solo metal either, I listen to other genres :P I'm diverse.

There are far too many subgenres of metal lol

Thunder
06-28-2013, 01:47 PM
There are far too many subgenres of metal lol

Yes, yes there is. [Only registered and activated users can see links] this is a site with a bunch of the genres and examples :P Kinda cool actually.

Jolz
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, yes there is. [Only registered and activated users can see links] this is a site with a bunch of the genres and examples :P Kinda cool actually.

Death n Roll.... That made me piss a little hahahaha