PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to know in order to write a cellblock autoplayer?

txtsd
02-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Every Cellblock Autoplayer that's out there is complete shit, and uses subpar algorithms. I want to implement my own algorithm but I have no idea where to start.

If I could at least look at code for an existing autoplayer, no matter what language, I'll be able to modify it to use the algorithm that I want to use.

HALP.

wrath
02-22-2013, 05:13 AM
HTTP wrapping and javascript and you could do a Greasemonkey one I think

txtsd
02-22-2013, 05:20 AM
HTTP wrapping and javascript and you could do a Greasemonkey one I think

Gah I don't know either of those yet. And there isn't even one on userscripts that I could look at.

SmileYaDead
02-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Joe's Cellblock APer works just fine.

txtsd
02-22-2013, 05:53 AM

idk what win percentage you call "just fine" but it loses about 90% of the time for me. I've left it running all day (~22hrs), it's eating through my NP and hasn't gone past tournament 3.

Zachafer
02-22-2013, 06:12 AM

What kind of attitude is this? If something can be bettered, it should!

As far as writing an algorithm, well... You can read a guide and "translate" the guide from English to programming language of choice. If you already have one in mind, graph your logic (whiteboards ftw) and then implement that.

Try writing an algorithm where you can feed it a game board (which you would have to find out how to download/format it from Neo) and it will give you the next move.

SmileYaDead
02-22-2013, 06:35 AM
idk what win percentage you call "just fine" but it loses about 90% of the time for me. I've left it running all day (~22hrs), it's eating through my NP and hasn't gone past tournament 3.

Not sure what to say, though luck? Got me the avatar rather easily without wasting much, I stopped some time mid-silver trophy.

txtsd
02-22-2013, 07:29 AM
What kind of attitude is this? If something can be bettered, it should!

As far as writing an algorithm, well... You can read a guide and "translate" the guide from English to programming language of choice. If you already have one in mind, graph your logic (whiteboards ftw) and then implement that.

Try writing an algorithm where you can feed it a game board (which you would have to find out how to download/format it from Neo) and it will give you the next move.

Thanks for the support. I do have an algorithm in mind and translating it into code won't be hard. The hard part for me is starting from scratch. I'd rather have some sort of framework that I can work with beforehand.

DarkByte
02-22-2013, 07:58 AM
The framework would take a few minutes , extract the gamepage / filled tiles (I think they even have a x,y coord for each tile in the source). Then stick them in a array , and thats pretty much your framework .. From there you would just pass the array to your alg and do whatever action based on the result.

txtsd
02-22-2013, 08:44 AM
The framework would take a few minutes , extract the gamepage / filled tiles (I think they even have a x,y coord for each tile in the source). Then stick them in a array , and thats pretty much your framework .. From there you would just pass the array to your alg and do whatever action based on the result.

Easier said than done. I have no idea how to interact with or pass data to webpages. I've only learned java and c++ in college with no web stuff involved.

j03
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah actually the bot I have out right now is so old, I think I used an old petpage on their way of winning and is now very outdated. I know it didn't win every time, too. On top of this, the program is like 4 years old +?

If you want you can PM me your algorithm and I can implement it into my upcoming bot.

Graff
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Unless you're algorithm deals with the rocks in later levels, Joe's APer works just fine. I do wish it was publicly released as a Grease Monkey script though.