PDA

View Full Version : E-mail provider

wrath
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Who do you use for email? I'm using Gmail of course, but I'm considering alternatives. All of my complaints with Gmail are self-inflicted. However, before investing too much time in setting up a new email with all of my online accounts, etc. I was curious what everyone else uses. If you don't use Gmail, what are your arguments against it?

j03
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I started with hotmail and although they were slow to change their UI so it is smooth, cleaner and easy to use like gmail's, they are not bad right now. I would recommend gmail to anyone though. Much better and safer IMO.

utahclock
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I recommend gmail......I hat ymail(yahoo).... and hotmail is meh...

Nath
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
The new Outlook is alright. I always favour hotmail but no particular reason why.

In all honesty from my perspective there aren't any major flaws with any of them.

I have several e-mails with most of the bigger providers which I use regularly and I've never had any problems that have made me like/dislike. I don't like like the look of Yahoo and AOL they just annoy me, but I still have them and have no real problems with them other than aesthetics :P

Master Shake
02-13-2013, 11:41 PM
I've used all of the providers above and I've got to say that I think gmail is the fastest and easiest to use... especially now that google is connected to soo many other websites... everyone that does close to anything on the internet probably has a gmail account

DarkByte
02-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Agree ^

ANother way is to just buy a domain name like

rddrox.com

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

tchaikovsky
02-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Well, I find myself using yahoo a lot because of what I do in my free time, but I still use GMail for personal stuff. It's just a lot easier and faster, on both my computer and my phone.

Toasted
02-13-2013, 11:58 PM
I use Live AND Gmail. Why? 'Cuz I'm supafly. B)

Ana
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I use both gmail and outlook. Gmail is for my own personal stuff, and my school uses outlook for the campus email. Yahoo has a terrible spam filter.

DarkByte
02-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Heres a usefull gmail trick:

we want to join a site thats going to potentially send us unwanted emails or a site we have joined before and blocks us because we need a unique email addy.... so we use this adress:

Now we make a new label "neo" and then add a new filter:

Apply the label: neo

Now any email from that site gets sent to our "neo" folder. Also we can use it on a few sites to allow us to use the same email adress (where "+" symbol is not detected). Never tried it on neopets to be honest...

wrath
02-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Heres a usefull gmail trick:

we want to join a site thats going to potentially send us unwanted emails or a site we have joined before and blocks us because we need a unique email addy.... so we use this adress:

Now we make a new label "neo" and then add a new filter:

Apply the label: neo

Now any email from that site gets sent to our "neo" folder. Also we can use it on a few sites to allow us to use the same email adress (where "+" symbol is not detected). Never tried it on neopets to be honest...

That's really sexy. I had no idea you could do that. <3

txtsd
02-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Hotmail/Outlook is still really ugly imo. I prefer gmail's compact version.

DarkByte
02-18-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't know about email providers but if you are in the uk and in search of a isp check my sig :P.

Ren
02-18-2013, 06:43 PM
If you want security in your email, I would choose gmail.. but if I want just a standard mail I would prefer live..

Beann
03-08-2013, 12:14 AM
I use gmail and live solely for the purpose of requiring one to attach to my android/iTunes/ Windows 8 log in. I've had no problems with it at all, although I like live/hotmail because I could choose a more unique ending to my address if I want to (Ex: other regions; hotmail.jp, live.hk, etc.)