PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control.

derpherpherp
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Should the U.S. increase measures that restrict who can acquire a gun?
Related issues to the recent tragedies, like mental health evaluation, are a good focus too.
I'll leave my opinion out of the first post.

Toasted
01-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Um, the US is currently in the middle of raiding homes and TAKING our weapons. So....I guess 'control' has a brand new meaning.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

PROTECT YOURSELVES.

tchaikovsky
01-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Patriot Act pretty much sums up this nation

derpherpherp
02-01-2013, 10:38 PM
That video sounds rather alarmist IMO. Citing a 1961 document with reliance on U.N. troops seems pretty ... strange though.
And the UN Peace force is entirely useless.

Honestly, I can see the rationale for disarmament in the wake of the disaster, but the story is worrisome.

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't think the current changes being proposed are going to be effective at all.
There are a few surveys out there that show that when governments have stricter gun control laws, there is actually MORE violence. And the way they have the law laid out, it will not apply to law enforcement (obviously), or government officials. They put through all these laws, then exempt themselves from them. This is the same situation as "obamacare". They think it's this amazing deal that will help everyone, yet a bunch of reps and congressman have "opted out" of it. Such bullshit.

It's pretty low how Obama signed the executive orders surrounded by children and families of the sandy hook shooting. So that one incident was enough for them to think a major reform was in order? They should instead start paying attention to the "crazy" people out there... and keep guns out of their hands.

The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
I'd love to see the government come and TAKE my guns from me... good luck ;)
All we have been doing is buying more, stocking up on ammo, high capacity clips.. and a few other things!

The first thing you must do if you want to control your people is take away their right to defend themselves.
Obama has done that. There has also been legislation put forward to get rid of the 2 term limit by a democrat a few weeks ago.
The only reason the Chinese didn't come invade us was because they knew the American people had guns and that scared them. If they know that we no longer have a "peoples army" so to say... what's to stop them next time?

I say keep things how they are... focus attention on more pressing matters such as the economy.
I'm tired of all the stupid little shit making huge headlines, while I'm paying 20% more for gas today than I was last week.
/rant.

Lilac Tentacles
02-02-2013, 01:34 AM
I'll keep it simple...
You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

(That's men in black for you lame-o's)

Sci_Girl
02-02-2013, 01:39 AM
The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
I'd love to see the government come and TAKE my guns from me... good luck
All we have been doing is buying more, stocking up on ammo, high capacity clips.. and a few other things!

In gun control debates statements like this are my favorite. "From my cold, dead hands" response like a patriot of the American people. Good for you having that passion. Now just figure out a way to beat a heavily suited up cop, or the Army personnel that will "come for you". What will you do? I am genuinely curious. Words are great and all but yelling or smirking at the Government can only do so much. Being naive to guns in general (I am a passive Canadian) the first thing I think when someone mentions this is hiding behind a desk waiting for them to open the door then shooting. Or someone adopting a video game or TV mentality of sneaking around the house peaking around corners waiting for the first shot. After that throwing some verbal and physical assaults at officers which would then land a person them face first to the ground and in cuffs. The other thing that pops into my mind is the Government already flagging a person as a possible "threat" when they come to remove guns and they simply throw a flash grenade into a room knowing they could be in for a gun fight. How does one fight that off? Extreme example there I know lol but so is the Government storming all homes to collect guns. I tend to believe the average Joe has no chance against officials coming for guns if it came to that, no matter how much pride or gusto one has for the 2nd hiding in the house or making their own bunker or waiting in the bushes to ambush I do believe that individual will lose every single time. I do commend one for having that sort of passion though, I am not sure I have anything such as the magnitude of 2nd amendment that I would be willing to die for. Maybe I do have something and I am just not aware of it because it is not being attacked.

As for thoughts on gun control itself I do not think it should be tightened to the point of being highly restricted but I also do not think everyone should have access to a gun. I am 100% in agreeance that people are the problem, a gun does not fire unless someone pulls the trigger. There needs to be some sort of system that still allows people to obtain a weapon but not be some nutcase on the brink of a psychotic episode. Maybe that means more comprehensive background checks, maybe disallowing certain individuals from having a gun in the first place such as someone diagnosed with a certain mental illness or major threat to society. I do not know what the sort of restriction would have to be. Not allowing guns in general would just cause anger, and people with guns fueled by anger is not going to go over well. I do believe though that if there are to be a lot of guns around that people be responsible with them, maybe a mandatory gun safety and proper handling course every few years should occur. I know a lot of gun holders are trigger happy or itching to find a reason to shoot, but I also know that there are many responsible gun owners who are punished and made to look like a trigger happy nutcase simply because of those bad apples. The gun control debate is a messy one, no matter what happens one side will be upset about the issue.

DarkAngel
02-02-2013, 01:51 AM
This is even a stupid question, no offense.

Yes, USA has to increase the requeriments.

Andrew, you said something very assertive, but I'm also against some of what you said.
"The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem."

In fact yeah, guns aren't the problem. The people is the problem.

The problem here is, weapons are going to people that CAN'T control them. It would be nice if people just had them to keep their safety, but no. They're using it to make violence, to kill childrens, to kill OTHER AMERICANS. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why you'd kill your brothers? They're people from your country, why you'd kill them? Where is your patriotism? That's not nice at all. That's called terrorism.

Everyday I watch the news at TV I hear "Another gunfire at the USA". I thought my country had a violent title with so many drugs and carteles, but honestly I don't think it deserves that title anymore. At least here we can't access to the weapons that easy, and around 70-80% of the people who has a gun, they bought it on the USA. And mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason. We aren't that crazy psychologically.

Andrew, your "chinese" point is invalid. As I said, we don't have guns at Mexico. And being a disarmed population won't make USA, China or another country invade us.

There are another times. There are pacific times.

Your problem is an inside problem that comes from the bottom. If USA keeps making violence on another countries, there will eventually violence inside the country. Because USA is a violent country in every single aspect. Iran? Irak? Those unneeded wars freak out the minds on your town. Your childrens will grow knowing that killing others with an excuse is alright. And eventually those childrens will kill other americans, because it's alright.

Also videogames... 6/10 games are gun-related. USA has one of the biggest game market and players. This bring us to my previous point. Killing others is alright.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

In gun control debates statements like this are my favorite. "From my cold, dead hands" response like a patriot of the American people. Good for you having that passion. Now just figure out a way to beat a heavily suited up cop, or the Army personnel that will "come for you". What will you do? I am genuinely curious. Words are great and all but yelling or smirking at the Government can only do so much. Being naive to guns in general (I am a passive Canadian) the first thing I think when someone mentions this is hiding behind a desk waiting for them to open the door then shooting. Or someone adopting a video game or TV mentality of sneaking around the house peaking around corners waiting for the first shot. After that throwing some verbal and physical assaults at officers which would then land a person them face first to the ground and in cuffs. The other thing that pops into my mind is the Government already flagging a person as a possible "threat" when they come to remove guns and they simply throw a flash grenade into a room knowing they could be in for a gun fight. How does one fight that off? Extreme example there I know lol but so is the Government storming all homes to collect guns. I tend to believe the average Joe has no chance against officials coming for guns if it came to that, no matter how much pride or gusto one has for the 2nd hiding in the house or making their own bunker or waiting in the bushes to ambush I do believe that individual will lose every single time. I do commend one for having that sort of passion though, I am not sure I have anything such as the magnitude of 2nd amendment that I would be willing to die for. Maybe I do have something and I am just not aware of it because it is not being attacked.

As for thoughts on gun control itself I do not think it should be tightened to the point of being highly restricted but I also do not think everyone should have access to a gun. I am 100% in agreeance that people are the problem, a gun does not fire unless someone pulls the trigger. There needs to be some sort of system that still allows people to obtain a weapon but not be some nutcase on the brink of a psychotic episode. Maybe that means more comprehensive background checks, maybe disallowing certain individuals from having a gun in the first place such as someone diagnosed with a certain mental illness or major threat to society. I do not know what the sort of restriction would have to be. Not allowing guns in general would just cause anger, and people with guns fueled by anger is not going to go over well. I do believe though that if there are to be a lot of guns around that people be responsible with them, maybe a mandatory gun safety and proper handling course every few years should occur. I know a lot of gun holders are trigger happy or itching to find a reason to shoot, but I also know that there are many responsible gun owners who are punished and made to look like a trigger happy nutcase simply because of those bad apples. The gun control debate is a messy one, no matter what happens one side will be upset about the issue.

Maybe adding a psychological exam to all the nuclear family.
Because we've seen people shooting with a gun that isn't of their own.

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Honestly, the day the "government" starts storming houses and taking guns by brute force is the day that America dies.
There shouldn't be a need for that. If that ever happened, I'd just move down to Texas and stay there for a bit! :)
I have even read about people getting together and making essentially a huge fortress where they will follow the path their "forefathers laid out for them"(something along those lines). I'll have to find the article, it was an interesting read, but I think THAT is a little overboard. I'm not some crazy gun enthusiast nut job, I just simply think the government is overstepping their boundaries with this push. As a matter of fact, things have just kept piling up and piling up the last four years, and this is just the tipping point really. These next four years will definitely be interesting, considering they had already talked about impeachment for Obama.

The issue about having stricter background checks is also a tricky one.
You might have some issues that you are dealing with, for whatever reasons. It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so! I think they should just leave things how they are, it's not really a HUGE issue. If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.
They were talking about arming all the guards at schools... but then what if a guard goes crazy and loses it and opens fire? Then you are stuck in the same situation. Guns don't belong anywhere near a school. I think metal detectors and/or the item scanners like they have at airports would be fine. That would be quite a hassle when compared to what is in place in most schools now. But it would definitely deter people from bringing anything they shouldnt.

Lilac Tentacles
02-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Sci_Girl

I'm am the army sweetheart!!! I run a platoon and train people to use those things. They can't give us guns and tell us we can't have them at home. I do what I want.

DarkAngel
The reason you see so much violence in America is because our media is liberal and sucks the cock of the liberals and is extremely biased. What you don't get to read about is how many fucking people are still alive because they had guns to defend themselves. So take our media with a grain (boulder) of salt. They're full of lies and bullshit.

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 02:02 AM
This is even a stupid question, no offense.

Yes, USA has to increase the requeriments.

Andrew, you said something very assertive, but I'm also against some of what you said.
"The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem."

In fact yeah, guns aren't the problem. The people is the problem.

The problem here is, weapons are going to people that CAN'T control them. It would be nice if people just had them to keep their safety, but no. They're using it to make violence, to kill childrens, to kill OTHER AMERICANS. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why you'd kill your brothers? They're people from your country, why you'd kill them? Where is your patriotism? That's not nice at all. That's called terrorism.

Everyday I watch the news at TV I hear "Another gunfire at the USA". I thought my country had a violent title with so many drugs and carteles, but honestly I don't think it deserves that title anymore. At least here we can't access to the weapons that easy, and around 70-80% of the people who has a gun, they bought it on the USA. And mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason. We aren't that crazy psychologically.

Andrew, your "chinese" point is invalid. As I said, we don't have guns at Mexico. And being a disarmed population won't make USA, China or another country invade us.

There are another times. There are pacific times.

Your problem is an inside problem that comes from the bottom. If USA keeps making violence on another countries, there will eventually violence inside the country. Because USA is a violent country in every single aspect. Iran? Irak? Those unneeded wars freak out the minds on your town. Your childrens will grow knowing that killing others with an excuse is alright. And eventually those childrens will kill other americans, because it's alright.

Also videogames... 6/10 games are gun-related. USA has one of the biggest game market and players. This bring us to my previous point. Killing others is alright.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Maybe adding a psychological exam to all the nuclear family.
Because we've seen people shooting with a gun that isn't of their own.

My "chinese" point of view? lol
Really though?
I'm not sure I understood you right. You said I was right that the guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
Then you said I was a terrorist for saying that?

I'm not condoning killing people, and I'm not condoning using guns for unnecessary violence either.
I'm saying that there are tons of people who own guns, millions and millions. They use them for various reasons. Many have them around for protection, should they ever need them. Some have them around to hurt, some have them around just to collect even.

You might watch the news and hear of a shooting here or there (probably Chicago), but you don't hear the stories where guns saved peoples lives, or prevented crimes.
The news is very biased, they put the bad news up there. They don't put how the group of kids tried to rob the grocery store, but were scared off when the old man behind the counter pulled out his shotgun to scare them off. Or the woman who was attacked in the alley, but pulled out her handgun to scare off her attacker. Stories like these are overlooked.

"Mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason"
"You childrens will grow knowing that killing others with and excuse is alright"

So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this.

Iran and Iraq? That's too long of a story, I can't really even jump into that right now.
But Mexico isn't all innocent. Mexico is full of drugs, and gangs, and violence.
The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose.

And video games don't make kids violent. I mean sure... if all you do is sit home and play games all day every day, you might get your mind a little twisted and think that is real life. But I have played games that had killing in them my whole life, I'm not going to snap and go on a rampage.

Sci_Girl
02-02-2013, 02:09 AM
It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so!

Absolutely agree. Everyone has a bad day but not everyone has the tendency to commit a crime while in those bad moods. The only way to successfully put people into "having a bad day" and "a danger to society" is to have a psych evaluation done....figure out how that individual person is and acts on an individual basis. Ignoring the massive and completely absurd amount of time and money that idea would take there is also the issue of people being completely terrified and paranoid of doctors and psychology in general as well as the concept of being told to do something that they may not want to do. I do not see any other way of sorting out who is and is not a danger or possible danger to society, and that hypothetical idea is just that a hypothetical situation that will never occur.

If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.

Maybe the solution is not gun control but finding a way to avoid the paranoia of being threatened in some way that requires one to be in possession of a firearm. I can walk down streets here at 2 in the morning if I wanted and not be concerned about being jumped, I can leave my doors to my home unlocked if I wanted and not worry about someone breaking in, I am not concerned about being in a public place and someone walking in and shooting up the place. That does not seem to be the case in a lot of American cities. If people are so scared and concerned about walking down their own street or sleeping in their homes that they need to keep a firearm around them at all times then there is something wrong. Yes there is crime and yes unfortunate situations arise but that is reality and it is not going anywhere, but if it is so bad that one is constantly on alert then that needs to be addressed. To address a revamp of less crime in society is another massive and incomprehensible undertaking but if the route problem is in the problems of crime then maybe it is something to look into.

cupcakeninja

Good job on your success! I am not sure how the Government would place you in it all, I mean on the job you can carry but if you have a gun in the hypothetical "government is coming for your guns" situation you are considered just another civilian with a weapon? I do not know but if someone is a cop are they allowed to take their weapon home? If so how would that work into it, technically they would be owning a firearm registered for work and not for self defense like neighbor Joe right?

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Maybe the solution is not gun control but finding a way to avoid the paranoia of being threatened in some way that requires one to be in possession of a firearm. I can walk down streets here at 2 in the morning if I wanted and not be concerned about being jumped, I can leave my doors to my home unlocked if I wanted and not worry about someone breaking in, I am not concerned about being in a public place and someone walking in and shooting up the place. That does not seem to be the case in a lot of American cities. If people are so scared and concerned about walking down their own street or sleeping in their homes that they need to keep a firearm around them at all times then there is something wrong. Yes there is crime and yes unfortunate situations arise but that is reality and it is not going anywhere, but if it is so bad that one is constantly on alert then that needs to be addressed. To address a revamp of less crime in society is another massive and incomprehensible undertaking but if the route problem is in the problems of crime then maybe it is something to look into.

That's actually a very loaded reply! :)
I don't feel unsafe walking around anywhere that I have been.
I mean, sure there are some places that are considered "the bad part of town", but I'm sure every country in the world has places like that.
We keep our guns locked up in a few different places, don't really feel the need to have it with me all the time.
But I like the peace of mind it gives me, that should anybody ever come threaten me or my family, I will have something to use as a defense. That's really all it is, peace of mind. Say that another country did invade, they wouldn't get too far in my neighborhood, and that's a good thought to have in the back of your mind.

The issue of crime is kind of tricky. I think that most of the time, poverty leads to crime.
There is a lot of poverty here in America because our government is corrupt and our national debt is skyrocketing even higher every single day. The obama administration keeps saying things are getting better, but they really aren't. Take the electric car for instance. We pumped TONS of money into getting that off the ground just for their sales figures to be horrendous! Nobody is buying them, and it's just another waste of money.

If we want things to change, we need to go to the route of the problem. Let's stick all the government officials on a minimum wage salary. Let's take away their $100k, $200k+/year jobs and stick them on $15k-$20k/year salaries and see how fast things change. Our government is so out of touch with the rest of society that all the do is fuck around and play games all day. They don't really focus on what is best for the country, they focus on what they can put their name on, and take credit for to keep their job. The current administration had the third lowest approval rating of all presidents after WWII; yet they still got voted back in. Soon the number of people leeching off the government will outnumber those who contribute to society, then we are really screwed. At work, I hear people saying how they still get unemployment even though they have been working for 8months+. Or how they claim 7 dependents when they only have one child. Then there are people who get food stamps, and then turn around and "sell" their food stamps for cash so they can buy other things. As a taxpayer, this pisses me off. I work hard for what I have, I'm not lazy in any sense of the word. But when things like this can happen and people just get things handed to them, that is a problem. This sense of entitlement is a big contributor. If people want something, and they are used to taking, they will just keep taking.

I kind of went off on a tangent there, but I hope I made some kind of sense.

DarkAngel
02-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Honestly, the day the "government" starts storming houses and taking guns by brute force is the day that America dies.
There shouldn't be a need for that. If that ever happened, I'd just move down to Texas and stay there for a bit! :)
I have even read about people getting together and making essentially a huge fortress where they will follow the path their "forefathers laid out for them"(something along those lines). I'll have to find the article, it was an interesting read, but I think THAT is a little overboard. I'm not some crazy gun enthusiast nut job, I just simply think the government is overstepping their boundaries with this push. As a matter of fact, things have just kept piling up and piling up the last four years, and this is just the tipping point really. These next four years will definitely be interesting, considering they had already talked about impeachment for Obama.

The issue about having stricter background checks is also a tricky one.
You might have some issues that you are dealing with, for whatever reasons. It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so! I think they should just leave things how they are, it's not really a HUGE issue. If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.
They were talking about arming all the guards at schools... but then what if a guard goes crazy and loses it and opens fire? Then you are stuck in the same situation. Guns don't belong anywhere near a school. I think metal detectors and/or the item scanners like they have at airports would be fine. That would be quite a hassle when compared to what is in place in most schools now. But it would definitely deter people from bringing anything they shouldnt.

My "chinese" point of view? lol
Really though?
I'm not sure I understood you right. You said I was right that the guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
Then you said I was a terrorist for saying that?

I'm not condoning killing people, and I'm not condoning using guns for unnecessary violence either.
I'm saying that there are tons of people who own guns, millions and millions. They use them for various reasons. Many have them around for protection, should they ever need them. Some have them around to hurt, some have them around just to collect even.

You might watch the news and hear of a shooting here or there (probably Chicago), but you don't hear the stories where guns saved peoples lives, or prevented crimes.
The news is very biased, they put the bad news up there. They don't put how the group of kids tried to rob the grocery store, but were scared off when the old man behind the counter pulled out his shotgun to scare them off. Or the woman who was attacked in the alley, but pulled out her handgun to scare off her attacker. Stories like these are overlooked.

"Mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason"
"You childrens will grow knowing that killing others with and excuse is alright"

So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this.

Iran and Iraq? That's too long of a story, I can't really even jump into that right now.
But Mexico isn't all innocent. Mexico is full of drugs, and gangs, and violence.
The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose.

And video games don't make kids violent. I mean sure... if all you do is sit home and play games all day every day, you might get your mind a little twisted and think that is real life. But I have played games that had killing in them my whole life, I'm not going to snap and go on a rampage.

"The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose."

That made me legit laught xD! Hahahahahaha

Alright, getting serious again.

I didn't call you terrorist xD! I guess you're who got bad my point.
I called terrorists to those who have killed americans without reason.

Also I'm not condoning government to go to your home and take out your weapons. As you said, that won't help at all, and that would be violating a few rights.

"So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this."

We can't judge if with even having a reason is alright, neither for americans, mexicans or any other people. Neither if it was to defend your mom, your dad, your brother... We can't judge about that. Is just that killing without a reason means that the person has several psychological troubles, and the worst is that it puts in risk the health and even lifes of other people.

Yep, we got so many shit here at Mexico, too, but we've never seen mexicans killing childrens just for fun or anger.
The only people who kills mexicans are, eventually, drug dealers or related to. But we don't see people killing people, if you get my point.

To make it clear, that guy from the Batman premiere wasn't a drug dealer. He was part of the town. Citizens killing citizens. That's what I mean.

Our biggest problem here at Mexico related to so many drugs, is having USA on the border. People from Guatemala and other south american countries have to pass through Mexico to get to the USA. We're the bridge. That's the reason they stay here. And drug dealers buy their weapons on the USA. So it's a circle...

I've played so many violent games, too. But you and me we're old enough to know it's just a game.
There are kids from 8-12 years old playing them, and they can't get the HUGE difference between a game and real life. They're easily influenced

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Our biggest problem here at Mexico related to so many drugs, is having USA on the border. People from Guatemala and other south american countries have to pass through Mexico to get to the USA. We're the bridge. That's the reason they stay here. And drug dealers buy their weapons on the USA. So it's a circle...

Well, it could also be argued that a big problem the US has with Mexico is how many drugs they import into the US.
I don't think the US cause violence in Mexico, that's all you guys. The cartels are big time responsible. And nobody stands up to them really, neighborhoods will just stay quiet so that they don't get on the drug dealers bad side. They build huge, elaborate tunnels under the border. Yes, people here buy the drugs, but that is besides the point.
I don't think Mexico is really the bridge for all those other countries. Why go through all the trouble of going all the way through Mexico when they can just come in by boat? It's all just a huge company essentially.

Thats all really besides the point though.
Im sticking by my original post: guns don't kill people, people kill people.
I guess when Czar Obama has it his way, he can just take over the country without any resistance.
Perfect!

DarkAngel
02-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Well, it could also be argued that a big problem the US has with Mexico is how many drugs they import into the US.
I don't think the US cause violence in Mexico, that's all you guys. The cartels are big time responsible. And nobody stands up to them really, neighborhoods will just stay quiet so that they don't get on the drug dealers bad side. They build huge, elaborate tunnels under the border. Yes, people here buy the drugs, but that is besides the point.
I don't think Mexico is really the bridge for all those other countries. Why go through all the trouble of going all the way through Mexico when they can just come in by boat? It's all just a huge company essentially.

Thats all really besides the point though.
Im sticking by my original post: guns don't kill people, people kill people.
I guess when Czar Obama has it his way, he can just take over the country without any resistance.
Perfect!

Well it's because USA is a world power. Moving drugs there will eventually move mass of money

And yeah, we got people that won't have the balls to fight with them, thought they know where they live and whatever.

And also, Mexico imports drugs because americans buy them LOL
And americans import guns because mexicans buy them

So yeah, it's a circle :P

Rednox
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't really understand the point cupcakeninja is trying to make. I was in the US Army before too, and yes, you get an automatic rifle. But the only time you actually have it in your possession 24/7 is when you are deployed or in Basic Training. You NEVER take your weapon home and if you do... there is some serious lacking proper command control and you are breaking some serious laws. The entire point of being trained in weapons is for peacekeeping and carrying out orders. The number one difference in civilian possession and military possession is intent and what purpose the weapon serves.

In fact 60-80% of the people I worked with in the Army... if I saw them outside duty, just as civilians and with and civilian grade gun on them, I'd be wary of them. That type were all very angry, racist, self-righteous people.

What are some valid reasons civilians with guns claim to need them for?
1. Self protection.
Why do you need more than one, however? Why would you need anything more than a handgun?
2. Hobby.
In this instance, I REALLY don't understand why there isn't regulations. Anyone having in their possession multiples of guns, many very dangerous ones, should adhere to the same sort of safety protocols that the military or police do. That being, mental health checks, all weapons stored in locked safes/cages, ammo stored in locked boxes and ACCOUNTABILITY. If there isn't mandated checks by police/some sort of official to make sure that the owners are keeping their weapons secured, there should at least be some sort of license test(like drivers).

Those two are pretty much the only valid reasons anyone would own a gun.
Also that little phrase gun lovers like to throw out? "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
If that is the case, and knives, bats, whatever else you claim is just as dangerous as guns, Why do you insist on needing them for your protection when according to you, a knife would kill someone just as easily? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to kill 5+ people in the span of a minute with a knife like you could with an automatic rifle in a crowded room.

Lilac Tentacles
02-02-2013, 09:54 PM
So rednox thinks I'm angry, self-righteous, and racist.

I leave my m4 in the armory, but the 9mm stays with me. Regardless of my narcissism, rage issues, and feelings towards the populace at large, the 2nd amendment stands.

Rednox
02-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I said nothing about you, sorry. I said the people I worked with, if you took it to be a personal attack against yourself I apologize.

I_royalty_I
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
What are some valid reasons civilians with guns claim to need them for?
1. Self protection.
Why do you need more than one, however? Why would you need anything more than a handgun?

It's the world we live in today.
I keep reading all this crazy shit that is happening and sometimes it's scary.
It's just the world we live in today.
I don't trust enough in our government to protect us, I'd rather be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing that should the worst happen, I will be perfectly fine.

Government officials are all safe and sound with their armed guards and such, but normal citizens don't have such luxuries.
SO... better safe than sorry.

DarkAngel
02-03-2013, 12:48 AM
So a gun makes you feel safe?

Do you really need one to feel you're safe?

Would you even have the guts do shoot if it was necessary?

I don't know, but the need of a gun to feel you protected doesn't seem fine...

I really liked rednox's point. If you want it for self-protection, you don't need more than one.

I'd say that the "best" weapon that a civilian should be able to buy, would a revolver.

Honestly you won't need an AK-47 to self protection lol
If you don't trust on your country, move out.
Yes, government has that many safety because population has seem'd force them to. Remember Kennedy?

Many politicals, famous and rich people has been killed in the history. Starting with Jesus, I guess...

We're on a world where people will always be full of envy, anger and other feelings. If someone is important, there will always be haters against them. If you aren't famous, rich or a political then you don't necessary need that much protection, because the chances of someone hating you at the point of killing you are reduced to your city, or maybe even to your neightborhood or homework.

A gun per family is more than enough. If you can't trust on your dad, brother or mother, then you move out and that's it. You can't live with people you don't trust on.

I_royalty_I
02-03-2013, 01:10 AM
We are in a world where (at least in the US) the country is very divided.
If you don't want to purchase and own guns, then that's fine, don't do it.
Personaly, my household has 2 pistols, a shotgun, and a rifle. We also have other important things such as a few military grade knives, MRE's, water purifiers, portable stoves, emergency first aid.

Everything that could be needed should we have to rely on ourselves is readily available.
Like I said, I don't like where this country, where the world is heading.
And I'm not just going to leave because of that fact. I voted for Romney, not Obama, don't blame me!

Im just saying, when the shit hits the fans, all those advocates of strict gun laws better not come crawling to me to help keep them safe at night!

Celestial
02-03-2013, 04:25 AM
I know plenty of people who wouldn't want to live in America because of all the guns. I certainly have no interest in going there. I love the freedom of walking around the streets at 2am or 3am and feeling safe, not worrying for my life because nothing much too bad ever really happens here. I feel secure and safe, I don't have a gun, and most other people don't either.

I'm glad I don't have a gun, when I lost my ex, I'm pretty sure I would have used it on the one who took her from me if I had one, that would have done no good too anyone.

Pulling a trigger is easy and impersonal. Slicing a person open, or strangling the life out of someone with your bare hands is much more difficult. Why make it easier to kill?

The worst I have to worry about is a pick-pocket sneaking up behind me, not really dangerous...

The only reason the Chinese didn't come invade us was because they knew the American people had guns and that scared them. If they know that we no longer have a "peoples army" so to say... what's to stop them next time?

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with that completely, for several reasons: (and a few related points)
- China is relatively a very peaceful country, who can you remember China declaring war on?
- If - though it wouldn't happen - China did decide to invade America and it was down to guns... China would win... China has the population and the armaments to take out the American population rather simple, IF it were down to people and guns. Nukes are the real deterrents to wars in this age.
- China can, and is slowly buying America. There are arguments that China is corrupt, but at least the Chinese government isn't selling the country off slowly to foreigners. The American government is slowly selling the country off and crippling it's own people.
- When was the last time America wasn't at war with someone? I can't remember, I've heard it mentioned often in several countries how America is always at war and expanding, placing military bases in other countries all over the world to try and secure military control.
- The main reason I hear that America is a big terrorist target is that they keep meddling in others affairs, they don't let people be, they go around the world attacking and destabilizing whatever doesn't do what they want or doesn't agree with their way of thinking.
- China hasn't invaded Australia, a very large, isolated, gun regulated country with a low population who couldn't very well fight back.

Honestly, the country I most fear in the world, is America, most Americans probably don't see that though.

I keep reading all this crazy shit that is happening and sometimes it's scary.
It's just the world we live in today.
I don't trust enough in our government to protect us, I'd rather be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing that should the worst happen, I will be perfectly fine.

Government officials are all safe and sound with their armed guards and such, but normal citizens don't have such luxuries.
SO... better safe than sorry.

I'd say it's more the country you live in than the world you live in. There are many very safe places.

JUST A GAP

I'd say the argument guns, while probably laughed at, is in case of alien invasion. I know it's unlikely to happen in our life time, but if there are aliens out there and they're anything like us, it would probably be something similar to what we saw in Avatar, but with a less happy ending for the natives.

Master Shake
02-06-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't think the government should take away all guns.... Maybe the semi/automatic guns, we have no real use for any any other than a single shot... Plus its in the amendments that we have the right to bare arms

moonrash
02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd like the US to adopt gun laws similar to that of Canada.
And while they're at it, stop glorifying guns and praising them like freaking jesus. I know a lot of Americans don't even REALIZE it, because especially if you grew up in like Alabama? You probably grew up around people who love guns, you probably sang songs about guns in elementary school, you probably APPRECIATE guns. I know this because my boyfriend is in that situation (grew up in southern US, loves guns, also was in the military so loves guns even more)

Living in Canada, guns have never been talked about to me. I didn't know anyone who had a gun growing up. Concealed weapons aren't allowed, because citizens aren't cops.
I'm not afraid of guns, I've used them at a gun range before, skeet shooting and all that... also some pellet gun shooting for fun, and yeah, it's fun. Having a gun to use for sport or hobby is fun.

Having ONE, SMALL gun, in your house to protect your family is ok.
IF you have the proper training,
IF you know how to store your gun with the safety on so your 2 year old can't shoot himself,
and IF you're not deemed too mentally... retarded... to own a gun.
Having 4 AKs in your fucking house "to protect yourself" is STUPID. If you say you're PROTECTING yourself with 4 fucking AKs, you're RETARDED. You need ONE gun. You obviously need 4 because you're doing something else with them, you're a collector (in which case you'd have more guns than that), OR you just have a small cock and you're compensating with guns :|
Having a gun shouldn't be a RIGHT, having a gun should be a PRIVILEDGE. Which you have to EARN by demonstrating in very regulated training, that you're capable and level-headed enough to use one properly.

I think guns should only be available through government(/federal??) owned buildings, similar to a government liquor store (if those exist in the US, idk)
I saw a news report on how someone was in a GUN STORE, and somehow had a LOADED GUN, and shot his own kid. Bullets and guns shouldn't even touch each other in a gun store.

They can argue and cry about the 2nd ammendment, but for me that's like people crying about the bible. It's an old piece of text, needs updating, and/or to be thrown in the trash.

But, y'know, IMO and all that.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I'd like to correct that by saying, it's the America you live in today. :/

I honestly feel bad for Americans, who are so scared of where they're living and the people around them, that they need guns!!
"All it takes is one crazy person for me to feel my gun was required"... but guns are never required for citizens u_u
Guns are for hobby sport, for cops, and for military.
And I do think that the mental evaluations for cops and military should be more strict when they're able to have a gun on them.

Also all this talk about a people's army, but if north korea nukes you guys, then what? Guns didn't protect you then.

I dunno. If anyone disagrees with a home needing only 1 gun "for protection", u cray

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I'd like the US to adopt gun laws similar to that of Canada.
And while they're at it, stop glorifying guns and praising them like freaking jesus. I know a lot of Americans don't even REALIZE it, because especially if you grew up in like Alabama? You probably grew up around people who love guns, you probably sang songs about guns in elementary school, you probably APPRECIATE guns. I know this because my boyfriend is in that situation (grew up in southern US, loves guns, also was in the military so loves guns even more)

Living in Canada, guns have never been talked about to me. I didn't know anyone who had a gun growing up. Concealed weapons aren't allowed, because citizens aren't cops.
I'm not afraid of guns, I've used them at a gun range before, skeet shooting and all that... also some pellet gun shooting for fun, and yeah, it's fun. Having a gun to use for sport or hobby is fun.

Having ONE, SMALL gun, in your house to protect your family is ok.
IF you have the proper training,
IF you know how to store your gun with the safety on so your 2 year old can't shoot himself,
and IF you're not deemed too mentally... retarded... to own a gun.
Having 4 AKs in your fucking house "to protect yourself" is STUPID. If you say you're PROTECTING yourself with 4 fucking AKs, you're RETARDED. You need ONE gun. You obviously need 4 because you're doing something else with them, you're a collector (in which case you'd have more guns than that), OR you just have a small cock and you're compensating with guns :|
Having a gun shouldn't be a RIGHT, having a gun should be a PRIVILEDGE. Which you have to EARN by demonstrating in very regulated training, that you're capable and level-headed enough to use one properly.

I think guns should only be available through government(/federal??) owned buildings, similar to a government liquor store (if those exist in the US, idk)
I saw a news report on how someone was in a GUN STORE, and somehow had a LOADED GUN, and shot his own kid. Bullets and guns shouldn't even touch each other in a gun store.

They can argue and cry about the 2nd ammendment, but for me that's like people crying about the bible. It's an old piece of text, needs updating, and/or to be thrown in the trash.

But, y'know, IMO and all that.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I'd like to correct that by saying, it's the America you live in today. :/

I honestly feel bad for Americans, who are so scared of where they're living and the people around them, that they need guns!!
"All it takes is one crazy person for me to feel my gun was required"... but guns are never required for citizens u_u
Guns are for hobby sport, for cops, and for military.
And I do think that the mental evaluations for cops and military should be more strict when they're able to have a gun on them.

'Merica. I can have as many AKs, m4s, m16s, pistols, shotguns, revolvers, and auto rifles as I want. Because I'm not crazy. Some people buy mansions or hookers. I buy guns. Who are you to dictate what an unreasonable amount of firepower is?
I'm not a collector. But I have more than one small handgun.

Stop trying to control people.

moonrash
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
But I have more than one small handgun.

For what reason? And mansions can't kill someone with a pull of a trigger, I don't care bout no mansions

Who are you to dictate what an unreasonable amount of firepower is?

Exactly how much firepower is required to kill a man/protect yourself? Rhetorical question, I know the answer.

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
For what reason? And mansions can't kill someone with a pull of a trigger, I don't care bout no mansions

Because I can!! Why do people need more than one car?? Cars cause accidents that kill people. Why do people need 3 tvs?? Tvs cause people to be lazy and die of obesity. Why do people pay hundreds I dollars for any other hobby that could cost lives? (Skydiving, scuba, rock climbing, extreme sports of any type) should they be outlawed?? No.

moonrash
02-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Because I can!! Why do people need more than one car?? Cars cause accidents that kill people. Why do people need 3 tvs?? Tvs cause people to be lazy and die of obesity. Why do people pay hundreds I dollars for any other hobby that could cost lives? (Skydiving, scuba, rock climbing, extreme sports of any type) should they be outlawed?? No.

Guns were CREATED to KILL. Cars were created to transport, tvs were created to entertain.
Skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, ETC ETC ETC, are ONLY a danger to the person DOING it. Guns CAN be a danger to ANYONE around the gun.

rly bad logic imo

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Guns were CREATED to KILL. Cars were created to transport, tvs were created to entertain.
Skydiving, scuba diving, rock climbing, ETC ETC ETC, are ONLY a danger to the person DOING it. Guns CAN be a danger to ANYONE around the gun.

rly bad logic imo

Guns are not a danger to anyone unless the person using it has intent to harm or lacks the knowledge to handle it. Stupidity and crazy are two great reasons to have one. Chicago banned guns. It has the highest gun crime rate in America.

Legal gun ownership with responsible people does not create a danger zone. I grew up in a house full of guns in a gun-slinging state. My guns have never killed anyone. Just some animals and targets at practice.
Stop blaming the good guys for the mistakes of the bad ones. It's absolutely infuriating to hear this same stupid argument constantly. Not all of us are crazy, not all of us are evil. But we have a healthy respect for weapons. It might have the capability to kill but it is an amazing piece of work in ingenuity and craftsmanship that I enjoy playing with.

moonrash
02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Chicago banned guns. It has the highest gun crime rate in America.

I watch TV, I also happen to have bad teeth. The TV must have caused my bad teeth.
Chicago is a huge city and surrounding area. And if someone comes into a bank to rob them with a gun, they know none or FEW of the customers in there will have a gun to try and fix the situation. I believe it's the areas BY Chicago who ALLOW guns, who are causing the higher gun crime rate in Chicago, because of the fewer guns in the city.

Legal gun ownership with responsible people does not create a danger zone. I grew up in a house full of guns in a gun-slinging state. My guns have never killed anyone. Just some animals and targets at practice.
Stop blaming the good guys for the mistakes of the bad ones. It's absolutely infuriating to hear this same stupid argument constantly. Not all of us are crazy, not all of us are evil. But we have a healthy respect for weapons. It might have the capability to kill but it is an amazing piece of work in ingenuity and craftsmanship that I enjoy playing with.

Saying that is ignoring all the accidents and "mistakes" that the "good guys" have made....... good guys make mistakes too.
And the sheer AMOUNT of bad guys with guns should be enough to alarm anyone.

"Oh but it was just one mistake... mistakes happen, only one person died"

The DAD killed his own SON....... who cares about the amount of training the dad had or DIDN'T HAVE, the point is he KILLED HIS OWN SON with a GUN...... by accident.

"Oh but that's crazy, that won't happen again, one in a billion chance"

Hah.

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 04:29 PM
I watch TV, I also happen to have bad teeth. The TV must have caused my bad teeth.
Chicago is a huge city and surrounding area. And if someone comes into a bank to rob them with a gun, they know none or FEW of the customers in there will have a gun to try and fix the situation. I believe it's the areas BY Chicago who ALLOW guns, who are causing the higher gun crime rate in Chicago, because of the fewer guns in the city.

Saying that is ignoring all the accidents and "mistakes" that the "good guys" have made....... good guys make mistakes too.
And the sheer AMOUNT of bad guys with guns should be enough to alarm anyone.

"Oh but it was just one mistake... mistakes happen, only one person died"

The DAD killed his own SON....... who cares about the amount of training the dad had or DIDN'T HAVE, the point is he KILLED HIS OWN SON with a GUN...... by accident.

"Oh but that's crazy, that won't happen again, one in a billion chance"

Hah.

I stabbed my brother with a tooth brush. Your point?

One in a billion chance. Shit happens.

moonrash
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I stabbed my brother with a tooth brush. Your point?

One in a billion chance. Shit happens.

I think you're so blinded by your love for the shiny metal toy that you don't understand the gravity of it. lol. Sorry.

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I think you're so blinded by your love for the shiny metal toy that you don't understand the gravity of it. lol. Sorry.

*pets the shiny precious*
Also, guns aren't toys. It's that type of thinking that causes accidents.

My dad had me recite a PSA as a child so I understood the seriousness of guns and their dangers.

If you find a gun, leave it alone.
Don't touch it. Tell an adult.

It was an 80s commercial. When I got older, I learned to shoot, clean, and the appropriate times for use. As stated before, my weapons have never killed a person. I take gun ownership very seriously. Punishing us won't stop the bad guys.

moonrash
02-06-2013, 04:45 PM
My dad had me recite a PSA as a child so I understood the seriousness of guns and their dangers.

If you find a gun, leave it alone.
Don't touch it. Tell an adult.

You're one of the very very lucky ones then. You need to respect what you're doing and that you have a weapon in your hand if you're using it, or even cleaning it. You just can't forget it. And to respect something like that, I really think it needs to be ground into you, because it's a harder thing to learn if you've been desensitized to them, than if your parents told you to be careful of them when you were little.

I had a discussion though with my boyfriend. Currently he can't own a gun in his state because he hasn't been a resident there long enough, but he tells me that once he has the money etc, he'll get a gun and it will be a concealed weapon he carries around with him. I made it clear that if he does that, I just won't trust him. He's had all the gun training in the world, he was a "sharp shooter" and whatever else, but if we're watching a movie in the theater and I know he has a gun on him, I can't just snuggle up to him, because I don't trust people who I know have guns on them. It's just... I dunno. It's where I grew up I guess. People just don't have guns here, like they have in the USA. It's just not needed.

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
You're one of the very very lucky ones then. You need to respect what you're doing and that you have a weapon in your hand if you're using it, or even cleaning it. You just can't forget it. And to respect something like that, I really think it needs to be ground into you, because it's a harder thing to learn if you've been desensitized to them, than if your parents told you to be careful of them when you were little.

I had a discussion though with my boyfriend. Currently he can't own a gun in his state because he hasn't been a resident there long enough, but he tells me that once he has the money etc, he'll get a gun and it will be a concealed weapon he carries around with him. I made it clear that if he does that, I just won't trust him. He's had all the gun training in the world, he was a "sharp shooter" and whatever else, but if we're watching a movie in the theater and I know he has a gun on him, I can't just snuggle up to him, because I don't trust people who I know have guns on them. It's just... I dunno. It's where I grew up I guess. People just don't have guns here, like they have in the USA. It's just not needed.

I'm opposite. Gun carriers make me feel better. :)

moonrash
02-06-2013, 05:33 PM

I'm jealous because I have to live for him for the rest of my life u_u sighhh
We've already agreed that we don't talk about gun laws with each other because we just get in arguments lol. It's ok to talk ABOUT guns "Oh hey that one looks cool", but not more than that. lol

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!

Pretty interesting mini doc here about gun owners/laws in Florida

Celestial
02-06-2013, 08:55 PM

I just find it sad that many Americans live in such fear that they need guns to feel safe. =[

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I just find it sad that many Americans live in such fear that they need guns to feel safe. =[

Not fear. Just cautious. If I went to any big city it's the same as carrying mace. Kind of like grabbing my cell phone in the event I need to make a phone call.

Crazy person shows up at Walmart and starts shooting, I'm shooting back. More than likely with much better aim.

Celestial
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Not fear. Just cautious. If I went to any big city it's the same as carrying mace. Kind of like grabbing my cell phone in the event I need to make a phone call.

Crazy person shows up at Walmart and starts shooting, I'm shooting back. More than likely with much better aim.

I've never even seen a can of mace other than on American tv.

I guess it's just nice living in a place where as a precaution you make sure your wallet is placed deeply in your pocket.

I'd have to really go looking to find any trouble, and I live in the bad part of the city. =]

Lilac Tentacles
02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I've never even seen a can of mace other than on American tv.

I guess it's just nice living in a place where as a precaution you make sure your wallet is placed deeply in your pocket.

I'd have to really go looking to find any trouble, and I live in the bad part of the city. =]

Yeah. People here suck.

thequeen
02-07-2013, 02:36 AM
a regular citizen shouldnt need a gun, unless he is a professional/recreational shooter (even then must be with strict background checks and restrictions). Machine guns should particularly be banned.

Yes people find other ways to kill, but it will be harder for them to do so. It will be harder to acquire the weapons too.
Also, you can shoot 20 people at once with an AK, but with a knife you have to have close range and can only attack one at a time. So give the criminals/insane/lazy less incentive to harm others.

this being said, gun control would never work in the US because of the culture and beliefs of the Americans. god forbid the government take away their rights, even if it means a more stable and civilized society (taking example from Japan).

just throwing in my honest view on this, dont care what others have to say. youre either for, against or somewhere in between :)

cravens21
02-08-2013, 04:50 AM
Im a huge believer in the 2nd admendment, i have several guns myself. however i do believe theres no way to stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. Parent need to teach their kids gun safety at a young age instead of try to shelter them and let them find out by curiosity.

moonrash
02-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Im a huge believer in the 2nd admendment, i have several guns myself. however i do believe theres no way to stop stupid ppl from doing stupid things. Parent need to teach their kids gun safety at a young age instead of try to shelter them and let them find out by curiosity.

Exactly, but then there's ghetto scum idiots like this [Only registered and activated users can see links] who will NEVER care and never teach their kids gun safety. These are the people that scare everyone else. They weren't raised to care, and their children won't be either. There's not much you can do about these sorts of people, and they'll probably all end up in jail (their children included, at a later date obviously), probably with activities that include guns in one way or another.

If you want someone to blame for "radical" people like me that hate guns, look at them. I don't care about people who go out to the range every weekend, but people seem to think I do. No. It's these sorts of people who make me want to get rid of guns in public in general. I bet all of those dudes with wifebeaters on all have a gun on them, and how can you feel safe with that? How is THEM having guns making anyone feel better? But it's their right to have them. They're ALLOWED and they make everyone else feel less safe.

There are TOO many people like this. You just can't get rid of them and you can't stop the problem, other than more money for their parents/upbringing, and then the obvious education that they (obviously) aren't getting. But that's not happening anytime soon, and so the cycle continues.

(I didn't post this with the intention of attacking you, so I'm sorry if it came off that way, I just ranted. Sorry)

Mr. 49
05-05-2013, 04:27 PM
People say that the guns aren't the problem, and that the people are.

Yeah; the problem is that the people, typically white heads of households, believe that their guns are their only means to freedom. They believe that when the constitution was written in 1788, the authors considered that guns would go through huge technological advances.

Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right, because of how dangerous they are. The gun-loving folks in bed with the NRA will argue bullcrap like how driving/alcohol/etc. kills more people (yet still won't do anything about those regulations either) without mentioning that those are PRIVILEGES, where driving is necessary for many people and owning a gun is not since guns were created, and used for nothing more than VIOLENCE.

It's not about what starts the violence; the sheer number of guns in existence here makes it easy for anybody who plans to hurt others, do so.

Daenery
05-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't own any guns myself and don't really care to. That said, I think people do have the right to own them, but only if they've gone through background checks. There are plenty of people who live near more wooded areas who might feel that having a gun is safer in the event any wild animals show up and I totally get that. But at the same time I look at how other developed countries fare without widespread gun use and they seem to be doing well. I think Britain has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world and they have pretty strict gun control - their police officers don't even carry them, generally. I'm not informed enough about worldwide gun politics to make any sort of stronger statement, but I'd certainly feel safer knowing only the most responsible people have access to guns.

ritzwin
05-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Let's give a monopoly on the use of guns to a bunch of thugs in order to protect us all, that way they'll be out of the hands of the bad guys.
/sarcasm :(

aznboy1997
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I can't really say for sure... there are rights and wrongs to both sides. No matter what, guns will always land in the wrong hands, and nothing can stop that. I think the best we can do is increase restrictions to prevent that from happening, but completely banning guns is not a benefit but a detriment to our society and country.

coolasta
05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
well I am so against this Gun Control... once a law against freedom is passed.. it's lost forever.. just think about that..

background check? : well I believe it's a waste of our tax money and you really believe a "criminal" would go thru this check?? haha

just because you oppose guns.. where would our so called "freedom of rights and expressions" go?? is it only yours that you care about?? if so then you're being biased.
nuff said.