PDA

View Full Version : want an easy +2 rep? ◕‿◕

Maki
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
7. Complete each sentence using "always", "sometimes" or "never".

b) the diagonals of a parallelogram ____ bisect its angles.

c) a quadrilateral with one pair of congruent sides and one pair of parallel sides is ____ a parallelogram.

d) the diagonals of a rhombus are ____ congruent.

e) the consecutive sides of a rectangle are ____ perpendicular to each other.

h) the diagonals of a parallelogram are ____ perpendicular bisectors of each other.

Please answer and explain the reasoning behind it as I value understanding over the answer :P

Thanks! Will reward with +2 rep~

Bettser
01-10-2013, 06:33 PM
the diagonals of a parallelogram never bisect its angles.

Changed my answer. I thought they did but apparently they dont.

Maki
01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
But why, though? I can't find a good explanation anywhere :c

Bettser
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Apparently they do bisect xD

Savant
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I am just guessing... havnt had school since 07. If 2 lines are parallel they are in the same direction never intersecting

Flame
01-10-2013, 06:47 PM
7. Complete each sentence using "always", "sometimes" or "never".

b) the diagonals of a parallelogram ____ bisect its angles.

c) a quadrilateral with one pair of congruent sides and one pair of parallel sides is ____ a parallelogram.

d) the diagonals of a rhombus are ____ congruent.

e) the consecutive sides of a rectangle are ____ perpendicular to each other.

h) the diagonals of a parallelogram are ____ perpendicular bisectors of each other.

Please answer and explain the reasoning behind it as I value understanding over the answer :P

Thanks! Will reward with +2 rep~

b)awlays--i think someone posted a link about this
c)always?-------if paralleogrMam is a rectangle?
d)sometimes--when is a square
e)always------rectangle= figure with 2 conguent sides and 90 degree angles. congruent sides = parallel?
h)sometimes-----if the paralleogram is a rhombi

did this in 9th grade, last year, so dont really remmeber all of it. so idk about my answers

Maki
01-10-2013, 06:52 PM
b)awlays--i think someone posted a link about this
c)always?-------if paralleogrMam is a rectangle?
d)sometimes--when is a square
e)always------rectangle= figure with 2 conguent sides and 90 degree angles. congruent sides = parallel?
h)sometimes-----if the paralleogram is a rhombi

did this in 9th grade, last year, so dont really remmeber all of it. so idk about my answers

Lol, I am in ninth grade c;

Thanks to you and the above posters, I'll look around for a bit more answers and explanations before I hand out the rep!

Flame
01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Lol, I am in ninth grade c;

Thanks to you and the above posters, I'll look around for a bit more answers and explanations before I hand out the rep!

im in 8th :)

Maki
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
im in 8th :)

"did this in 9th grade, last year, so dont really remmeber all of it. so idk about my answers"

Wait, wut xDD

Flame
01-10-2013, 06:59 PM
"did this in 9th grade, last year, so dont really remmeber all of it. so idk about my answers"

Wait, wut xDD

Lol, last year, in 7th grade, I was in Ninth grade accelerated math(2 years ahead). This year, in 8th grade, im in 10th grade accelerated math. (9th grade was so easy. had a 95? 96? Average in math

watersniper
01-11-2013, 02:14 AM
b) the diagonals of a parallelogram always bisect its angles. --- draw a parallelogram ABCD, angle ABC = CDA, so when you draw a diagonal, it'll bisect

c) a quadrilateral with one pair of congruent sides and one pair of parallel sides is always a parallelogram. --- Draw a quadrilateral ABCD, let AB // DC. For AD to be of the same length (congruent) as BC, they must be inclined at the same angle, otherwise you can never get equal lengths -- you can see this easily by drawing AB and DC to be parallel but of different lengths.

d) the diagonals of a rhombus are sometimes congruent. -- square

e) the consecutive sides of a rectangle are always perpendicular to each other. -- a rectangle abcd, ab is perpendicular to bc is perpendicular to cd is perpendicular to da

h) the diagonals of a parallelogram are sometimes perpendicular bisectors of each other. --rhombus

Kite
01-11-2013, 02:19 AM
What happened to a) ?
Sorry I only have questions apparently! and the other questions have been answered quite a few times :3

Maki
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Lol, thanks everyone :) I'll be giving +1 rep to everyone real soon, as I already figured out the answers hehe