PDA

View Full Version : Games like Neopets

TheAegis
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Looking for a game like neopets, maybe more of a mature community.
Perhaps somewhere with a stronger writing community as well.

Mod
12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Life (not the board game).

Start at level 1, as you age and gain more skills by training school, you're more likely to be able to take on bigger challenges. Investing in school will come out with a Degree or two, of which you can use to accrue more real life neopoints. You can also use it to expand your neofamily, so when you get real-life purged, it'll go to a legit heir, instead of being lost forever.

If you desire a stronger writing community, you can associate with intellectuals at places like Universities, or just things like book clubs. Even better than neopets, is after you're done reading a book, it won't disappear!

This game called "Life" has many parallels with neopets. It runs on its own currency, you have to use it to buy food or you'll be dying. Sometimes you'll get sick so you have to buy medicine, or just splurge your hard earned RL neopoints on useless things! If you're a gambler, there's also an advanced, expanded version of the stock market, or just by doing scratchcards and lotto tickets! I begin to think this "Life" is stealing from neopets' ideas, hmm...

Scammers in this game are usually called criminals, and the punishment is a lot more severe, so they're rarer and less likely to return to the community scot-free after they've been convicted. Luckily, the judicial system in "Life" is much more refined and efficient than that totalitarian regime known as TNT, often utilizing player rights, thorough investigations, successful appeal processes, witness testimonies, and accumulation of evidence to protect the innocent.

TheAegis
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Could you link me?

Mod
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I would if I could...

But the link itself is heavily encrypted and always changing, you need an authorized UN/PW to access the game servers.

You wonder where you get these UN/PWs? If you fulfill the eligibility requirements, some "Life" admins called The Government will give them to you, on a limited-basis. If you want to switch game servers to a different location, it can be difficult, though if you have a friend in the other location, they can sometimes give you referrals, collectively known as sponsorships. It's also hard to switch back and forth between servers, to reduce cheating; luckily sometimes The Government will also give you temporary passes, called Visas or Passports.

Luckily, once you're connected, you'll never drop a game, because the game servers are highly embedded and ubiquitous throughout the network (codename Earth), and seamlessly interact to eliminate lag.

Reese
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Subeta, Marapets, and Icepets are the ones that come to mind, but I don't care too much for any of them :P.

Shawn
12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Refer "Shawn"

It's mature and fucked up too

TheAegis
12-31-2012, 02:49 AM
I would if I could...

But the link itself is heavily encrypted and always changing, you need an authorized UN/PW to access the game servers.

You wonder where you get these UN/PWs? If you fulfill the eligibility requirements, some "Life" admins called The Government will give them to you, on a limited-basis. If you want to switch game servers to a different location, it can be difficult, though if you have a friend in the other location, they can sometimes give you referrals, collectively known as sponsorships. It's also hard to switch back and forth between servers, to reduce cheating; luckily sometimes The Government will also give you temporary passes, called Visas or Passports.

Luckily, once you're connected, you'll never drop a game, because the game servers are highly embedded and ubiquitous throughout the network (codename Earth), and seamlessly interact to eliminate lag.

It being so exclusive, where do I find a friend to invite me haha

tchaikovsky
12-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Sadly there's no other site out there quite like neopets in design, however much people have tried to copy it. :(

Celestial
12-31-2012, 07:38 AM
I could copy most of it apart from games and graphics.

DarkByte
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Only one worth investing time is gaia online.

M.V.P
01-01-2013, 03:28 AM
if you must have a pet then marapets , other good games which are free online , Gaia , Runescape or maplestory
I kinda also like dragontale but thats me , there was this pokemon site i used to play , i think Pokemon crater or something which is pretty cool.

Kylae
01-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Mod, I get you bro, lol.

tchaikovsky
01-01-2013, 03:54 AM
I could copy most of it apart from games and graphics.

Reinstall the old BD, create shops and stuff, make stuff the EXACT proportions of neopets dot com (as in, don't keep the same general idea and let it lose appeal because of it, see Icepets avatars), recreate the forums experience, and I would pay to host your servers. B)

M.V.P
01-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Reinstall the old BD, create shops and stuff, make stuff the EXACT proportions of neopets dot com (as in, don't keep the same general idea and let it lose appeal because of it, see Icepets avatars), recreate the forums experience, and I would pay to host your servers. B)
I like the new bd - minus the lag and deflation :P
im with you tchaikovsky , plus more plots , TFR was like 2 years ago and i was on hiatus D:

Mod
01-01-2013, 04:54 AM
It being so exclusive, where do I find a friend to invite me haha

Oh I don't know if you want to play Life, the game has a 100% addiction rate. Everyone that picks it up, never stops playing until the day they die. It'll interfere with the time you spend on other games, like neopets.

The vast network Life is played on (codename Earth) has all sorts of players though. For instance, there are some hippie-like guilds in it that call themselves "Existentialists", who proclaim that everyone is playing Life right now, from the day they are born.

But I think they are just a bunch of geeks that do too much acid and watched The Matrix too much.

That sounds like an idea for success. Copy everything, but change things just enough so you don't get sued. Maybe call your site something like newpets.com

Love12
01-01-2013, 08:07 AM
if you must have a pet then marapets , other good games which are free online , Gaia , Runescape or maplestory
I kinda also like dragontale but thats me , there was this pokemon site i used to play , i think Pokemon crater or something which is pretty cool.
Ohh yeah! I remember pokemon crater, I really loved that game lol. Does it still exist? But anyways, marapets and subeta are games like neopets but I really don't like them. I like neopets more so that why I am stuck with neopets :p

M.V.P
01-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Mod how about newbpets or mewpets ? ;) . Thats what icepets did copy everything but slightly different so TnT cant do shit to do them.
Love12 sigh good times eh? Pokemon crater , i loved that , nah but there is a newer version , the site got taken down years ago , i had one of the top100 pokemon :k and all of the sudden boom , next day the site is gone , i hope they dont do that with neopets :(.

Love12
01-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Mod how about newbpets or mewpets ? ;) . Thats what icepets did copy everything but slightly different so TnT cant do shit to do them.
Love12 sigh good times eh? Pokemon crater , i loved that , nah but there is a newer version , the site got taken down years ago , i had one of the top100 pokemon :k and all of the sudden boom , next day the site is gone , i hope they dont do that with neopets :(.
yeah, I remember that too but I thought the site was online again but yeah, I think the older versions are always better.. I really hope that too! Because then all your money you have spent in neopets is gone :/

tchaikovsky
01-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't think they'd go cold turkey on neopets... Way to many people have spent way too much money on the site for them to just close it down. Then again, I've been wrong before about Viacom, and it seems like something those corporate asses would do. :/

zlolekim
01-01-2013, 11:38 PM
we should make clraik pets, nahh too much work.
I havent played any of the other pets sites, i tried maple but my computer is insanely terrible.
And whoever said more plots, definitely, only one i ever got to do was altador