PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play League of Legends?

Kahpow
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
A couple of my friends play it, and they`ve asked me a couple times to make an account and try it but I literally have no idea what you even do. The only MMORPG I`ve ever played were Flyff and Maplestory (I`ve played Team Fortress 2 too!), so I`m not really sure if I`d be into that sort of game. Also, what exactly are "champions"?

Edit: I think I put this in the wrong category, if it is - sorry about that, feel free to move it.

Syccch
01-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Champions are the characters you can choose from to play as in your team :D.
A game of League of Legends can either be on 3's or 5's (Twisted Treeline or Summoners Rift)
Your aim of the game is to passthrough the enemies' defenses (3 Turrets->Inhibitor(doesn't attack back)->2 Nexus Towers; this is in each of 3 lanes: top, middle and bottom lanes, however you don't have to kill every single tower to finish the game but it makes it alot easier to finish the game if you did) to finally kill their Nexus to win the game.
Along the way you'll obviously encounter enemy champions (real players), minions (the things you have to farm (kill) to gain money to buy items to become powerful and other places of struggle that you find both teams fighting over. (Baron and Dragon) Killing baron gives you a buff which gives you a boost in all stats for 4 minutes and killing Dragon gives 200 ish gold to everyone on your team.
The meta-game for season 3 is the same as season 2: Bottom lane has a: Support which buys aura items, wards, and generally has shielding skills or healing skills and a AD Carry or Attack Damage Carry which usually has a long range, fast attack speed and alot of damage but are very, very squishy (easy to kill)
Middle usually has an AP carry there or AP Tank Carry (Ability Power Carry i.e. Magic user) this champion usually has VERY HIGH BURST DAMAGE or ALOT OF STUNS/SNARES/ROOTS etc to keep enemies immobile whilst the AD carry, jungler and top laner dish out some damage. But not all the time. Sometimes you can have an anti-AP Carry to counter those annoying champions that counter most AP's. Such as Talon and Zed, they're both slipper AD casters that can dodge alot of skills and have high burst-abilities.
The jungler is the person who roams around the jungle killing neutral monsters to free up a space top lane so that top laner levels up faster than bottom and you'll have 3 high leveled champions on your team instead of 1. There are many different types of junglers. Counter-junglers (they focus on stealing the enemies jungle), fast clearers (they clear the jungle faster than most and gank afterwards), gank based junglers (once they get all the necessary skills to pull of a good gank *when someone on your team or enemy team comes to help in the killing of the enemy* they go to a lane where they think it will help the most) the jungler can either be a tanky jungler (slow with alot of cc and cc reduction) cc = crowd control (stuns/snares/silences/roots/knockups etc...) or an off-tank (has some defenses but still has alot of damage) it's best to have either a tank and an off tank on your team, but you can have 2 off tanks and a tank if your support is playing Taric, Alistar or Nautilus.
Top: Top's usually are off-tanks but you can play tanks at top against other tanks or against champions with low damage starts otherwise you will lose your lane.

That's still not enough to explain this game if you're confused about anything else just ask me lol. I've been playing since closed beta.

wrath
01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
I haven't played league in months. v_v I'm ashamed and will go update now.

Kite
01-29-2013, 01:20 AM
I just got back into playing actually! :3

Nun
01-29-2013, 01:35 AM
I was playing since beta, it was a nice game but now is a fucking crap because the community (at least in EU servers) so I left...

Kite
01-29-2013, 08:03 AM
so... who wants to play with me? :o

Bot
01-29-2013, 10:58 AM

I'll play with you, PM me your IGN.

Bettser
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Ill play as well :)

PiSquared
07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
If anyone still plays this game, let me know. Looking for people to normals/duo/aram with. ^_^

wrath
07-03-2013, 01:30 PM
If anyone still plays this game, let me know. Looking for people to normals/duo/aram with. ^_^

orly?

XSupporterX

PiSquared
07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Wrath I'll add you when I get home. Any roles you like in particular?

wrath
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Wrath I'll add you when I get home. Any roles you like in particular?

XSupporterX :rolleyes:

I prefer support, but generally end up going wherever the solo queue fucks me over to. I main Nidalee so I feel comfortable transitioning to support to jungle/gankstar when the team starts fucking up bad or something.

Cystin
07-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Hey guys, I play too :3
I'm Cystin on there aswell if anyone wants to add me.
I main adc, but love playing mid.
You DO NOT want me as a jungler, js.

shadowcat
07-04-2013, 04:22 AM
I play it sometimes, but I suck. Majorly ._.

katix
07-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Yay League of Assholes and People I wish To Kill. :rolleyes:

Add me all you peoples!!! :D I play EVERYDAY lol. I play Top, support, mid, jungle and adc. ^_^

Add me as Healstar

Magikarp
07-04-2013, 05:13 AM
I'll join.

Add me: Kaikaikaisauce

I'm ADC using MF

|2eap
07-04-2013, 07:40 AM
I read some thing yesterday where a kid is in prison for anti-terrorism laws because of the game... he posted threats in a sarcastic way because someone called him fucked up in the head and he was like I am fucked up in the head, said all this shit and bam. jail time

xmxsummer
07-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Jeez that's a little overboard xD (on both ends)

I used to play a bit -was really good at Ashe though I still failed at the game over all lol, I downloaded it again but I haven't really played it...and so I probably still fail...but I'd be up for playing xD xmxsummer if you feel like adding me (big surprise right? =p)!

Bettser
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Wtf add me guys :)

I Turret Dive

PiSquared
07-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Wtf add me guys :)

I Turret Dive

You better play Aatrox with that Summoner name. Lol.

Add my smurf: Broken Raine

Bettser
07-04-2013, 10:55 AM
You better play Aatrox with that Summoner name. Lol.

Add my smurf: Broken Raine

Nope, but I do play Singed, Vlad and Mundo xD

and kk

Zachafer
07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
I play NA. I'm currently Gold 5.

Summoner name: EFTS
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

(yes I play singed almost every game)

katix
07-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Shoot dont judge on my rank right now.

I cry so much everytime they lower my rank level because of inactivity. XDD

Just don't invite me to ARAMs. I hate them.

wrath
07-04-2013, 02:33 PM

BLASPHEMY!

PiSquared
07-04-2013, 02:36 PM

I love ARAMs but I liked the no re-rolls on the old one. Too often I see a Yi or Nidalee on every motherfucking team. I miss the days where it was a truly random champ map.

wrath
07-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I love ARAMs but I liked the no re-rolls on the old one. Too often I see a Yi or Nidalee on every motherfucking team. I miss the days where it was a truly random champ map.

Agreeable. I never re-roll out of honor!

katix
07-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh c'mon. They get so boring so fast. x.x Its just like a giant orgy of death and you just run right back in like HERPPPP DERRPP.

I like 5v5 and 3v3 though. :D

PiSquared
07-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Oh c'mon. They get so boring so fast. x.x Its just like a giant orgy of death and you just run right back in like HERPPPP DERRPP.

I like 5v5 and 3v3 though. :D

You should play Ultimate Bravery then. :)

katix
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
You should play Ultimate Bravery then. :)

What is that? :o

and

Shoot I'll reroll all day long til I get Aatrox and be an OP idiot diving in and stealing all the kills:rolleyes: Wrath

PiSquared
07-04-2013, 03:35 PM
What is that? :o

Basically more intense ARAM (though not quite All Mid). You roll a random champ, lane, summoners, skill to level first (and yes, you level this skill first over your first ultimate point at 6) and items to build exactly in that order (if it means building third tier boots first, you better build them third tier boots first).

It's fun shenanigans really. Carrying with AP Rammus 3v1 midlane "Let me taunt you under turret motherfucker" has never been more fun.

Edit: Also tells you how to set up masteries. So you can essentially be Jewish Teemo at 1/1/28 mastery.

katix
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM

Basically more intense ARAM (though not quite All Mid). You roll a random champ, lane, summoners, skill to level first (and yes, you level this skill first over your first ultimate point at 6) and items to build exactly in that order (if it means building third tier boots first, you better build them third tier boots first).

It's fun shenanigans really. Carrying with AP Rammus 3v1 midlane "Let me taunt you under turret motherfucker" has never been more fun.

Edit: Also tells you how to set up masteries. So you can essentially be Jewish Teemo at 1/1/28 mastery.
sounds like fun. xD Ill check it out!

PiSquared
07-04-2013, 11:12 PM
I play NA. I'm currently Gold 5.

Summoner name: EFTS

(yes I play singed almost every game)

ZOMG TEACH ME TO PROXY SINGED O GOLD ONE QQ

slayergd
07-11-2013, 06:55 AM
me i play but mine not na or eu server XD mines asia