PDA

View Full Version : CLRAIK ANNIVERSARY + HOLIDAY/GFX and POSTING CONTESTS!!

j03
12-13-2012, 01:45 PM
~*CLRAIK ANNIVERSARY*~

First and foremost, I would like to thank the entire community for keeping us around and helping us reach our one year anniversary!
Some of you might not remember but CK was created after I embarked from another site. At first, it's been a huge contemplation
for even years on my end, but a decision from a friend made me get up from my butt and actually take action. From there, I made CK.

While this happened, I was quite blessed to have the amount of loyal members follow me through to my new website and help
me out with this large community. Although there have been unfortunate events within this past year, all I can say is that
for my first ever website I'm quite happy with myself. There have been problems, drama and much more and it could have even gone worse.
But things happen for a reason, and I'm glad they did for me because I learned very well from the events. I'd also like to thank all staff
that I've had on the team with me that have done their job to help me out. The members who have been with me for
years (since the SlopDog days even, 5+ years ago), thank you as well. :)

--

This past year after making CK, I've been extremely busy with real life, full-time studies, doing work for the forum, family and whatnot
which has stopped me from being able to program as much as I used to a year ago and before. I've already told some of you this,
but I'd like to announce it publicly. Although we have a killer download section, it's been well over a year since I've
made any big addition to it. I've been picking away at my Stealth CORE project though and with that being said, I know
the release of this project will not disappoint. If you're wondering about the release date, the main structure of the program is
actually almost ready. After that, a release should be due with at least four main tasks ready with the program.
I would like to have it ready for late 2012/early 2013 in January :)

--

Top Poster Contest
With this all being said, I'd like to announce our first contest, being our anniversary gift to the forum. From December 16th 2012
until January 12th 2013, every day someone will be awarded clraik VIP for free at the end of the day. Who will be getting this
prize? The person with the most posts at the end of the day! This is a very basic contest that anyone can win! No real effort
but to engage in the forum activity and simply have a good time.

Prize:
1-Month subscription to clraik VIP
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Contest Rules:
Time of Contest: December 16th 2012 until January 12th 2013
Winners: Must be approved to win. Users who spam their way to the top are disqualified.
Once you have won your free subscription, you may not win again to make things fair for the entire community.
Official Contest Judge(s): TBA*

--

Pokemon GFX Contest
Ever wanted to make your own Pokemon? No? Probably because you NEVER THOUGHT OF IT!!1!
This contest is pretty basic as well, and to be honest, VERY fun! Basically you are going to be creating your own Pokemon
and presenting it to the forum. The idea of this contest was taken from another popular Nintendo website.

Contest Rules:
Time of Contest: December 16th until TBA
1) Anyone can enter.
2) All entries must be ORIGINAL, this includes the art and description of your Pokemon!
3) Only one entry per person.
4) Pokemon must be Holiday themed, the main point of this contest is for the holiday spirit!

Prizes:

**Please note there are more prizes for this contest to come.

1st Place -
3 months of CK VIP

2nd Place -
2 months of CK VIP

3rd Place -
1 month of CK VIP

Judges: CK Staff, other members TBA*
--

On a side note, I would like to thank our current staff for everything they have done for the forum. Sticking with me through the
harsh times is the most valuable effort given to me. With your help, the forum has grown into a great community. So thank you. :)

DarkAngel
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Plop Plop First comment, k, thanks

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Now that I got the first reply, I want to say THANK YOU, clraik!!!

Cause it's the only forum who keeps their programs updated, who has friendly and advanced programmers and nice people.

I really like the way you handle the forum, Joe, cause your free market rule makes it a constant market, the most active I'd dare to say.

All you've shown is that you reallly know what you're doing, so congratulations for you, too.

Other than that, let's improve this year to keep growing ^^

Mikey
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
By far one of the best forums out there! Love CK! And Joe ;D

jackingskibf
12-13-2012, 02:42 PM
woooop i cant wait. ima go create some pokemon nowww

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

the best one out there . and everyone is nice here. i tried other web sites. but there all years old and nothings updated no good programs. and i dont really trust them. but here everything legit. bro you lift

Balletdancer
12-13-2012, 03:28 PM
This is great Joe!!!
A lot of very trust worthy people on here, have met some great people! Here is to another year....-toasts-

Mod
12-13-2012, 04:12 PM
This may be a cheating site, but everyone here is 10x friendlier, more grounded, and intellectual than those tryhard e-thugs on actual Neo (and even most forums), from the moment I joined!

Glad I found you guys when I did, cheers!

TheAegis
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
I wish I was creative/artistic enough to create a pokemon D: those sound like pretty awesome contests, I can't wait to see what people come up with!

j03
12-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I wish I was creative/artistic enough to create a pokemon D: those sound like pretty awesome contests, I can't wait to see what people come up with!

I'm gonna make one for fun, and I'll be using paint lol. Anyone can do this, even stick pokemon are good enough for this contest. :P

TheAegis
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna make one for fun, and I'll be using paint lol. Anyone can do this, even stick pokemon are good enough for this contest. :P

You haven't seen my drawings haha I'll most likely be banned from the forums for having the ugliest thing people have ever seen which in turn caused many of the members and staff to need therapy.
Yes - I'm that bad at art.

But it's been a long time since I've done any pixel art, I might give it another try once my laptop gets back from being repaired!

Kittie
12-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Thank you for Clraik! Love this site.... and the people, although technically a bit shady... are great ;)

tchaikovsky
12-13-2012, 10:05 PM

This fills me with hope lol. I just might make one. :P

ShadowCreature
12-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Not really a post whore, more of a lurker, ya know, best to be thought a fool then open my mouth and remove all doubt :P

So may need to think of a good pokemon idea :)

kooldude888
12-13-2012, 11:19 PM
wooooooo go clraik!! xD

fairydust201
12-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Congrats :D

i think ill enter .:rolleyes:

can we use the real pokemon &

do a photo manipulation out of it

? Infamous Joe

j03
12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Congrats :D

i think ill enter .:rolleyes:

can we use the real pokemon &

do a photo manipulation out of it

? Infamous Joe

Read the contest rules please. Images and descriptions must be original.

ruzzeh
12-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Can there be a posting contest be for quality posts too?
I mean, I could post a lot of posts that are ok posts, or I can make a decent amount of long posts that are of godly status ;)

j03
12-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Can there be a posting contest be for quality posts too?
I mean, I could post a lot of posts that are ok posts, or I can make a decent amount of long posts that are of godly status ;)

Yup, the top poster contest rules haven't been finalized...but all winners will be reviewed for the posts they made that day and if it's all nonsense spam, they will be disqualified. ;)

ruzzeh
12-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Yup, the top poster contest rules haven't been finalized...but all winners will be reviewed for the posts they made that day and if it's all nonsense spam, they will be disqualified. ;)
Well, there could be a lot of posts that is related to the thread and not considered spam, or there could be a lesser amount of posts that are really long and very interesting and contribute a lot to a thread.
I think a separate competition would suit it more, exactly because of what I mentioned above.

Example:

Thread: HEY WUTS YOUR FAVORITE NEOPET
Poster # 1 going for most posts: Well I like draik because dragons are neat, and that's what they remind me of.
Poster # 2 looking to post for quality: I really enjoy the draik. I think it's the best neopet because I really enjoy the design, because it reminds me of dragons. Dragons have been of interest of me since I was a little girl.

Obviously the post could be better, but I'm just making an example on how the second post is much better than the first.
The first wouldn't be considered spam because it's longer than one word, and it's not some generic copy pasta, or off topic. But the second post took more effort, and looks a lot better than the first.

The reason I'm asking for this is because I go on forums to actually have a conversation, not just boost my internet dick and have the highest stats. I want to have actual conversations just for the fun of it, not just because I'm forced to post to get into a higher rank.

Khelddar
12-16-2012, 05:34 AM
wow it's been a year. 55 referrals in a year, ill try and top it in the year to come :)

Been a good year for CK, lets make 2013 even bigger :)

esperanto
12-16-2012, 01:43 PM
wow it's been a year. 55 referrals in a year, ill try and top it in the year to come :)

Been a good year for CK, lets make 2013 even bigger :)

Wow that's insanely impressive. I've only managed one, and it was my real life friend, lol. I had to coerce her!

Also, Infamous Joe just to clarify posting in the SPAM section is alright, just not posting actual spam is not, right?

Savant
12-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Also, Infamous Joe just to clarify posting in the SPAM section is alright, just not posting actual spam is not, right?

Yea I would like to know if SPAM sections counts also.. as long as its not... "Hey" "How" "Why" "ajsdhajhsd" or other spam crap ya know?

esperanto
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Yea I would like to know if SPAM sections counts also.. as long as its not... "Hey" "How" "Why" "ajsdhajhsd" or other spam crap ya know?

I just reread what I posted and it sounds kind of garbled xD
Yay cough syrup! At least you knew what I meant, lol.

Hale
12-16-2012, 03:37 PM
In a wine-induced bout of creativity, I started making my Pokemon a couple nights ago LOL. I'm so bad at finishing drawings though, so we'll see if I even submit it. :suspicion:

Savant
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Hale I used to draw DBZ stuff when I was younger and it looked awesome but pokemon.. I never tried. I am the type of person that can draw something when he looks at it. So coming off the top of my head? Idk if I can pull it off lol But I wanna try and get involved in all the contests so don't wurry you will get to laugh at my silly drawings too :D

Hale
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
esperanto: Cough syrup?

..........Does esperanto=essy? Wow, I am late to the party LOLOLOL.
hai c:

/notspam

Savant: Oh hey me too! I'm a pretty good artist, actually. Ruzzeh has been trying to get me to draw again for years but idk, it's hard for me to find the motivation to do so and I never end up actually finishing anything. :( I used to draw a loooooot all the way up until high school though so we'll see how this turns out!

I drew pokemon in elementary school................ I still have my old binder with my 1-151 cards. :suspicion: If anyone wants to see those absolutely horrendous drawings I will bust them out LOLOLOL.

Savant
12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Hale I HAD a huge amount of cards... over 2500 total pokemon cards. I recently traded on this site to Lmp for neopets stuff :D

I still have my old drawings too. I will always keep them. But yea go ahead and enter the contest. I will start on a drawing tonight also and hopefully the kids can give me some good ideas for a creative creature.

Hale
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
.....I STILL have a huge collection LOL. Ruzzeh and I are still expanding it. We have a wall dedicated to our cards in our room and I have almost 3k cards by myself. I'm not sure how many she has but she has a bunch too. :$

Savant
12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Wel Lmp might be interested in making you a solid deal if yall ever look to get rid of them :D I got some very nice stuff for mine. They were just sitting around in my closest.

esperanto
12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Hale, sorry I passed out! D:
Yes I'm Essy lol. It was me on TC last night asking all the strange questions :P

Hale
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Savant: Maybe I'll look into contacting him, then! I have a billion of them and I have some really nice cards in my collection too. :greedy_dollars:

esperanto: Don't feel bad! You're sick so I understand. I can't believe I didn't make the connection until you mentioned cough syrup though LOLOL

esperanto
12-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Ruzzeh, I just read your long ass post and laughed so hard about "boosting your internet dick" xD

Hale, it's ok xD a bunch of people don't. Whenever I was a newbie there was someone impersonating me to another member saying he was a guy. And the other member was like HER name is ESSY. She's not a guy dumbass. And that foiled silly scammers plan :P

Hale
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow what a failure of a scammer LOLOL.
I always advise people to get a PM from someone's actual account on the forum as a confirmation before trading with someone. :( Plus that way if the real member actually turns out to be a scammer, you can SS the PM and the chatlogs and link the two and get their asses banned. They can't pretend they were being impersonated after that. :P

esperanto
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah true! That's always a good idea. That's why I'm always super careful when a new trader asks me to conduct a deal on MSN. Not enough proof for me in case things go wrong D:

Hale
12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Do we post our pokemon entries here on this thread? Or should we PM you Joe?

I decided to actually finish mine. :)

PS: All the content is original on my drawing except for the background. I didn't want to create a background from scratch so I took an image from google and added it. Is that against the rules? If so I'll remove it, I wanted to make sure before I entered because I don't want to be disqualified. :(

Kahpow
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Both contests sound equally awesome~
I'm gonna start on my pokemon after I finish my essay.

Hale
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
JOE ANSWER MY QUESTION I SEE YOU LURKING THIS THREAD

...Please? :( I wanna submit mine ASAP.

j03
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM

GO GO GO GO

Hale
12-18-2012, 07:10 PM
WHAT ABOUT THIS THOUGH?

"PS: All the content is original on my drawing except for the background. I didn't want to create a background from scratch so I took an image from google and added it. Is that against the rules? If so I'll remove it, I wanted to make sure before I entered because I don't want to be disqualified. :("

Since you didn't say anything about it I'm going to assume it's ok and IF IT'S NOT IT'S YOUR FAULT

Pedr
12-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Thats a very fun contest Joe!! I'm realy excited!! Hahaha

OFWGKTA
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Happy One Year Anniversary Clarik! I wish I was more creative, then I could enter in for the Pokemon GFX contest :/

M.V.P
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the awesome site Joe , man i wish i found about this earlier

Tika
01-01-2013, 02:01 AM
I am not the most active person on this site, but I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for running the site so well. I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from here, and everyone I've spoken to has been friendly and helpful. Cheers to another year. :D

Herb
01-02-2013, 01:17 AM
aww wish i knew about this before i would of loved to enter the pokemon drawing contest hehe
:3 but! this is the best forum i ever joined and used
everyone here is awesome :o_o::$ and friendly :o_o:

esperanto
01-02-2013, 01:26 AM
aww wish i knew about this before i would of loved to enter the pokemon drawing contest hehe
:3 but! this is the best forum i ever joined and used
everyone here is awesome :o_o::$ and friendly :o_o:

The Pokemon contest is still open. We'd love to have you enter :)

Herb
01-02-2013, 01:28 AM
yay thank you :D
and by holiday theme do you mean like christmas/winter theme?
xD

esperanto
01-02-2013, 01:41 AM
yay thank you :D
and by holiday theme do you mean like christmas/winter theme?
xD

Yes. Though if you personally celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. I'm sure it would be fine to have your entry reflect that, as long as it is respectful :)

M.V.P
01-02-2013, 03:52 AM
when will the top poster one be awarded ,i think i was top poster yesterday :D