PDA

View Full Version : medical conditions

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
do you have any? everyone has something...

i have scoliosis o.o had surgery for it too. it was an 8 hour procedure, not fun lol.

Meagan
01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I have severe kidney disease that will result in kidney failure, they aren't sure when, it can progress at anytime. I also have really high blood pressure because of my kidney disease, I take medications and will be for life. I will be on dialysis and hopefully a kidney transplant before I die when they fail.

I'm not sad about it. :)

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Oh wow :( that's why I want my license to say Organ Donor on it.
I really wish you the best of luck.

my cat is dying of kidney failure, I'm so sad. She's so skinny and throws up white foam because since her kidneys barely work, her body is just being poisoned.

Scan
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Good luck:( I'm a donor:)

I don't have any too bad medical conditions besides a minor case of an arched back, but it doesn't affect me at all, I can do everything just fine:P

Also,

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP

Your username is pretty awesome

Kristin
01-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I have celiac disease, which I just got diagnosed with this year. But it's ok. :)

Meagan that's crazy, I was totally just researching about how to become a live organ donor for people needing kidneys. I would love to donate to a stranger.

Meagan
01-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Donars rock! :)

Mike
01-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Don't have a disease/medical problem...

Leet
01-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Love your attitude, Meagan.

I don't have any medical conditions (hopefully no undiagnosed genetic disease either) but I'm allergic to penicillin which weirdly always makes every doctor do a double take.

Cara
01-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I have anxiety problems, not sure if it's a medical problem but eh.
Seriously, my first day of highschool, I cried... A lot lmao

Mango
01-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I have irritable bowel syndrome I either can't shit at all or I shit to much no in between.

Shit literally sucks.

Cara
01-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I have irritable bowel syndrome I either can't shit at all or I shit to much no in between.

Shit literally sucks.

I hope the end part was an intended pun, because it made me laugh a bit :x lol
and my teacher told me he has this... awkward moment right there.
Must suck though :/

Harry Potter
01-09-2012, 03:00 AM
I have asthma, use to be really bad until I had my tonsils taken out. I also have a mild case of eczema but its nothing I will complain about.

I just recently renewed my drivers license and got a form to be an organ donar. I am definitely going to fill it out.

Mango
01-09-2012, 03:07 AM
I hope the end part was an intended pun, because it made me laugh a bit :x lol
and my teacher told me he has this... awkward moment right there.
Must suck though :/

Yes the last bit was an intended pun rofl.

It does suck having IBS can make you depressed which I have been through that stage. If you feel like shit it's hard to be happy.

Cara
01-09-2012, 03:11 AM
I can only imagine. I honestly think my mom has this.. or something wrong with her similar to this.
She needs to drink this weird, herbal-ish tea that makes her go to the washroom since whenever she tries on her own, nothing happens.
I find it funny though, because sometimes it kicks in at horrible times for her, like in the grocery store xD!

Mango
01-09-2012, 03:16 AM
I know all about things kicking in at horrible times. It sucks. Try driving on the highway and suddenly feeling like you have to explode.

Cara
01-09-2012, 07:15 AM
I know all about things kicking in at horrible times. It sucks. Try driving on the highway and suddenly feeling like you have to explode.

Omg... I think i'd literally die. o-o

Slasher
01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't have any medical condition, hopefuly.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Shit literally sucks.

my cousin has ibs. she stopped going to school her senior year because she said she would literally crap herself every morning. she almost failed the year.

it's tough :| are there medications for it?

IndigoSunset
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
I have depression(and related issues) :)

On a side note, is it the internet, Neo or just chance that most people I know from it either have a long-term illness or major 'issues' in their life?

Mango
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
my cousin has ibs. she stopped going to school her senior year because she said she would literally crap herself every morning. she almost failed the year.

it's tough :| are there medications for it?

Medications vary for the different type of people. There is no set medication for this since everyone's system is different. I have yet to found my stable medication and it's been nearly 4 years.

Cara welcome to my world..

Emiley
01-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I have anxiety problems, not sure if it's a medical problem but eh.
Seriously, my first day of highschool, I cried... A lot lmao

I kinda have the same problem :/
If this thread is also including any disabilities/disorders, I got autism. I am waaay different from all the other kids with that disability/disorder though.

Cara
01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah... it honestly sucks..
When I went to this adult school to get credits,
the first day I didnt know where to go so I
had a mini panic attack and left :x

I also avoid the outdoors as much as possible because i'm socially awkward D:

Emiley
01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I also avoid the outdoors as much as possible because i'm socially awkward D:
Lol omg, my mom says that all the time about me o_0

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I still go outside sometimes though.

Cara
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh, me too.. if I HAVE to. Or just need to walk to get out :P
But I hate going places where lots of people will be.
Like malls, beaches, food places D:

Clefairy
01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I have anxiety problems, and some symptoms of another illness.

I also have this social problem where I don't like to go out neither talk to people D:

Emiley
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh, me too.. if I HAVE to. Or just need to walk to get out :P
But I hate going places where lots of people will be.
Like malls, beaches, food places D:
I actually like going to the mall and the beach o_0
And I don't really mind going to food places, haha. I just cant stand going into public restrooms, I HATE THEM! They are so gross!

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I have anxiety problems, and some symptoms of another illness.

I also have this social problem where I don't like to go out neither talk to people D:

Same here, i'm a lot more social than all the other kids with autism that I have seen/met. I have met several other kids with my problem.
I am finally out of the special education class though, and i'm doing pretty good in a plain regular class so far :)

Cara
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I suppose that is where we differ :P
I am super anti social.. other than online >.<
I'm so lame, lmao.
I probably drive Danny mad!
hahahaha

Emiley
01-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I suppose that is where we differ :P
I am super anti social.. other than online >.<
I'm so lame, lmao.
I probably drive Danny mad!
hahahaha
LOL, i'm very social on the internet I guess. In RL, i'm kinda semi-social.

Cara
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Internet is easier. It might be eye contact I hate >;l
I dont understand why people need to look at eachothers faces when talking.
Like, teachers... when they talked to me about my work,
theyd ALWAYS look at me and if I made eye contact,
id shift my eyes instantly and act awkward/freaked out

haha xD

Emiley
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Internet is easier. It might be eye contact I hate >;l
I dont understand why people need to look at eachothers faces when talking.
Like, teachers... when they talked to me about my work,
theyd ALWAYS look at me and if I made eye contact,
id shift my eyes instantly and act awkward/freaked out

haha xD
Woah, OMG same here. I'm glad I am not the only one with eye contact problems.

Cara
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Isn't it the worse thing ever? D:
Gah! thinking about it bothers me xD

Emiley
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Isn't it the worse thing ever? D:
Gah! thinking about it bothers me xD

Yup, just about everyone in RL understands I have problems making eye contact though, so its all okay. Even my new teachers this year understand.

Mango
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
You just learn to deal with it. Nothing else I can do.

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
i dont like making eye contact with strangers but i force myself to do it lol.
i used to be a very shy kid. i barely spoke. i dont know i changed a little bit and im more of a talkative person.

but when someone intimidates me....forget it. my inner kid personality just comes back.

Sci_Girl
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I have anxiety and it is starting to get worse. Cannot do social situations if it involves any eyes on me for any reason. Even sitting on the couch with my bf's family and if one of the 20+ people there asks me a question and everyone is looking at me I can feel the anxiety build to the point of fidgeting and quick answers to stop the staring from everyone. Dinner can be a problem too if it involves a lot of people, because again if I am asked a question and everyone is waiting on me for an answer I almost freeze up the anxiety builds so quickly. Just cannot stand being looked in the eye either, job interviews are hard because of that since I know I need to look at the person but at the same time I need to suppress my anxiety of being looked in the eyes. ugh. This is why my career choice of working in a lab is going to be perfect, I can sit at my lab and pipette stuff and not have customers rolling in every 5 minutes asking questions, very little contact with people to begin with besides lab staff who I would be more comfortable with since it would not be a large crowd, and no public audience type speaking or all eyes on me type work. So so so hoping I get a good lab job so I do not have to battle with the social anxiety.

A different medical condition I have is acid reflux. That hurts, a lot. I go through a big container of tums every 2 weeks or so. I have been on medications but they are real expensive and my doc is not so happy that I requested a prescription for them instead of coming in sooner. Then I have taken OTC acid reflux pills and they help but I need to keep taking them too much so it gets expensive.

Adam
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Well I'm very very OCD. It irks me. >:I

NerdRAGE
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I've got this condition where, when a female is speaking to me, I cannot control my eyes from staring at their breasts.

Scan
01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
^uh. Is that diagnosed?

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I've got this condition where, when a female is speaking to me, I cannot control my eyes from staring at their breasts.

oh i heard of that. its very epidemic among men.

Scan
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I have this syndrome where I can't control my hands

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Flash
01-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I have this skin problem where my hands are as sensitive as ma-dick. So hand shakes and the such fell SUPER GOOD. Sometimes I forget to let go of the persons hands. Its embarrassing.

Alternative
01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
It's called masterbation, I think all guys have that "condition", and if they don't, they're the one with the wierd condition

Flash
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I dont think you read my post clearly...

AND MASTERBATION ISNT A CONDITION! its a way of life.

but ya read carefully

Sloth
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
do you have any? everyone has something...

i have scoliosis o.o had surgery for it too. it was an 8 hour procedure, not fun lol.
I also have a mild case of scoliosis, sorry you had to go through that, sounds terrible

Gir
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM
I have Chronic Rhinitis, which led to me having nasal polyps, huzzah!
Already had surgery once, but they are recurring.
Guess who no longer has insurance? xD

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I also have a mild case of scoliosis, sorry you had to go through that, sounds terrible

wow scoliosis is rare in males.
nah the surgery wasn't bad, what was bad was the recovery process. my surgery was in january, and i went back to school in may.
because i was like 80 lbs, the anesthesia completely destroyed my stomach and i wasnt able to eat for 2 months. i had to have a feeding tube in my arm. x_x

but im okay now lol. nothing to be sad about.

Joelalala
01-18-2012, 03:54 AM
I have a condition whereby i'm allergic to coconut milk .
Cause whenever i drank it in curry or anything that contains coconut milk , i tend to get a really really bad stomach ache .
Not sure whether this is really a condition or not but it gives me major stomach aches + headache .

Khelddar
01-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Lactose intolerant, can't have much dairy. If i have a glass of milk then ill be sick for the next two days

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Since someone said something about IBS, well then I'm gonna say I have hemorrhoids.

it REALLY sucks I mean..it's terrible. i try to eat so well, but it feels like i'm pooping rocks with pins and needles. My ass bleeds and it HURTS ;-;. It hurts so much.

i've tried suppositories but because they are oil based it always ends up leaking and getting on my underwear and it's ugh I HATE IT. so i rarely use it.

prunes are my friends and they relieve it but my hemorrhoids always comes back. it really feels like im pooping a cactus. its so painful ;-;

Amanda
01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Nope, not really, i'm perfectly healthy!

holyzac
01-24-2012, 12:35 AM
I am having mild shin splint from running too much...

munsterpoo
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't really have any that I'm aware of at least

My wife has a genetic condition though, it doesn't affect her hardly at all, she basically has an intolerance to some foods, and when she gets sick her hands and feet burn. Long term it can cause problems though so she gets treatment.

bourrache
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a very mild form of kytosis, probably from slouching so much. Nothing serious, though.
Also anxiety, but I've been working on that and the problem has been almost completely eradicated.

Sqwahba
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
ADHD - Hyperactive.
Granted, like half the world seems to have atleast a mild form of it (Or they just want the uppers...), but it's not too bad.

Solgaleo
01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I have nothing too major, knock on wood.

However, a friend of mine was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS for short) two years ago. I can't imagine being able to go through what he does x_x

KTRoo
01-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I have fibromyalgia, which sucks tits. It's a pain disorder, basically. I like this explanation of it best:

zyocuh
01-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I was born with one kidney so sad :/

victoriamle
01-28-2012, 07:04 PM
At the moment I don't have any medical problems; but breast cancer runs in the family as well as skin cancer
:c

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

I have nothing too major, knock on wood.

However, a friend of mine was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS for short) two years ago. I can't imagine being able to go through what he does x_x

My mother has that disease

Solgaleo
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
At the moment I don't have any medical problems; but breast cancer runs in the family as well as skin cancer
:c

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

My mother has that disease

How is she doing? What kind of treatment is she on? My friend is trying to get on a new one right now, and his insurance is refusing to cover it :(

OH! And I remember something that runs in my family...which I probably do have (still need to get tested)

Hyperthyroidism....or however it's spelled

victoriamle
01-28-2012, 07:29 PM
How is she doing? What kind of treatment is she on? My friend is trying to get on a new one right now, and his insurance is refusing to cover it :(

OH! And I remember something that runs in my family...which I probably do have (still need to get tested)

Hyperthyroidism....or however it's spelled

She's okay right now thanks for asking! :$
And I'm not sure but something like that happened with her too.
The medicine was I think $600 a month or something

Solgaleo
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
She's okay right now thanks for asking! :$
And I'm not sure but something like that happened with her too.
The medicine was I think $600 a month or something

Ouch yeah....I have no idea how much my friend's medicine is supposed to be. All I know is that his last two treatments were covered no problem. Wonder why they're skimping out now D:

Bailey
01-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a fiberous legion on my knee but it doesn't really do anything it's just "there" I have tendonitus in the same knee and I have 0 depth perception! So driving is not so awesome and without my contacts I am legally blind from 10 ft, so getting up to pee in the middle of the night can become a real adventure. lol

Ashleys165
01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
I have a genetic skin disease called keratoderma...

It is on my feet too.

Emiley
01-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I have a genetic skin disease called keratoderma...
It is on my feet too.

That stinks! My mom had something like that and she had to get surgery :/

Ashleys165
01-28-2012, 08:51 PM
That stinks! My mom had something like that and she had to get surgery :/
That is a different medical condition, it is what my aunt thought we had, but when she went to the doctor person they realized it wasn't. This cannot be cured with surgery or lotions/creams/ect.

Emiley
01-28-2012, 08:55 PM
That is a different medical condition, it is what my aunt thought we had, but when she went to the doctor person they realized it wasn't. This cannot be cured with surgery or lotions/creams/ect.

Oh yeah, it must be different then. Ah well, I will just say that my mom had a medical condition just like the one you have.

Ashleys165
01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, it must be different then. Ah well, I will just say that my mom had a medical condition just like the one you have.
Yeah, sadly it is different, this stuff sucks.

Steve
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I have asthma, hate it!

victoriamle
01-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Ouch yeah....I have no idea how much my friend's medicine is supposed to be. All I know is that his last two treatments were covered no problem. Wonder why they're skimping out now D:
Yeah D;