PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card keeps failing?!

Haku
10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm not a really techy person... why does my graphics card keep failing? Basically my screen suddenly goes black and then after a few seconds it says graphics card failed but is not restored ...

J_L_K_64
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
what are you doing when that happens?, is that on a desktop? laptop? need some more info

j03
10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Try downloading the latest driver for your graphics card and installing it? If it's doing that on the latest version then try downgrading.

Haku
10-16-2012, 11:37 AM
what are you doing when that happens?, is that on a desktop? laptop? need some more info

laptop, and i'm not doing anything in particular, just browsing firefox...

Try downloading the latest driver for your graphics card and installing it? If it's doing that on the latest version then try downgrading.

i'll try that

mistry121
10-16-2012, 01:28 PM
if you give me your graphics card name/model number I can find some more info for you!

Daisuke
10-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Well I had a similar problem w/ a simple solution. First I uninstalled the graphics card driver and restarted my laptop. Then once it rebooted it said installing drivers (graphics card), problem was still sporadically occurring so I took out the battery for a bit and stuck it back in. Problem was gone. Idk if it'll work for you, but it's worth a shot. :p

Killala
10-27-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm not a really techy person... why does my graphics card keep failing? Basically my screen suddenly goes black and then after a few seconds it says graphics card failed but is not restored ...

Yea try finding the suitable driver for ur graphic card..googling it should do, and if ur laptop is using alot of drive, like u opening a high end program which ur graphic card can't handle,for example the program spec is higher than wat ur card can handle. or maybe it's ur laptop nt having enough memory space, so try uninstalling sum items. if not of the above, then time to get a new laptop :)

arenadsouza
12-17-2012, 08:29 AM
which reason is behind it.