PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here able to Help me Root my Android? +rep

Caleb
08-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I got an android Galaxy Exhibit, it runs 2.3.6 gingerbread, anyone able to send me a link, or just help me root ( equivalent to jailbreak) my phone? Thanks! :)

accendo
09-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I would be very careful rooting.. I totally messed up my phone rooting it and it took weeks to fix. What benefit are you hoping to have from rooting? There aren't many when compared to a jailbreak of iPhone. Apps etc. can all be acquired free on Android if you look hard enough without rooting.

redfeeniks
10-07-2012, 03:55 AM
^ true that, rooting is only gonna give developer privileges nothing more..

Naxerz
11-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Rooting it's just for developer privilegies, or if you want to install an android Custom ROM you will need Root, but i don't recommend that... Theres an app on the market that can root/unroot your device, just search ''ROOT'' on market and you will find it ;)

TheAegis
12-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Rooting isn't that bad if you know what you're doing or actually care enough to follow instructions. Go to xda and search up your phone, they have plenty of good threads helping with that kind of stuff!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

M.V.P
12-31-2012, 03:19 PM
eh no use rooting seeing as your on gingerbread , I would only root if you were on ICS +

spark916
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
if you have not rooted this has to be the best place to answer any questions ..

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

TinCan
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
XDA Developers has a load on how to root any android there is.

They have one-click scripts to root and unlock the bootloader.

Keep in mind that Android phones come jail;broken for the most part.

I consider rooting a "Super Jailbreak" meaning that what a rooted phone can do, and iPhone will never be capable of doing. (i.e. custom ROMs, UI Mods(framework-res.apk and build.prop hacks), sharking and injection network traffic, hacking accounts in a network, cracking apps by modifying their permissions (without the use of a pc), accessing the root folder and modifying ther without the use of a pc, OC (overclokcing), UC(underclocking), UV(undervolting), etc etc.)

If you don't know what most of the things in the list above are, then don't bother rooting as it will only cause you problems.

Just my two cents.