PDA

View Full Version : Sword Art Online

Tom
08-17-2012, 10:04 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Currently 5 episodes released and they are really good. You guys should check it out.

Evelsaint
09-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Sword Art Online is awesome, for those of you who don't like watching anime, there is an english translation of the light novel.

The light novel is actually the basis for the anime.

Usually animes are adapted from mangas but in the exceedingly rare and popular novels, anime and manga tend to follow the novel.

google baka-tsuki translation or SOA light novel translations.

tofusquares
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm watching it right now. I like the plotline and ideaa (:

Kahpow
12-16-2012, 03:44 AM
I've heard a ton of good things about SAO and I'll probably end up watching it over the winter holidays!

igotravaged
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
This is a very good anime. It has intense fighting scenes and a really touching romance going on. For those RPG players out there, this anime is definitely recommended for you :)

Savant
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Hmm i think i will make note of this for sure. Netflix have it?

Kahpow
12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
This is a very good anime. It has intense fighting scenes and a really touching romance going on. For those RPG players out there, this anime is definitely recommended for you :)

Wow, now I really want to watch it! I've seen a bunch of gifs on tumblr and I'm still not sure what time period this is suppose to be in? (I saw this one scene where this guy's like "oh no the food's about to expire", and then it just bursts into these sparkles o_o)

Kuroyukihime
12-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow, now I really want to watch it! I've seen a bunch of gifs on tumblr and I'm still not sure what time period this is suppose to be in? (I saw this one scene where this guy's like "oh no the food's about to expire", and then it just bursts into these sparkles o_o)

The characters (main male protagonist: Kirito, main female protagonist: Asuna) get trapped into a game called, "Sword Art Online." The setting is in a world called "Aincrad". Judging by the surroundings in this world, the time period should be around the Middle Ages mixed in with modern times. However, if you're wondering about what time period the outside world takes place in (outside of the game), it's around like, the year 2020 - 2100, sometime in the future, where a program called "NerveGear" exists, but that's another story.

Daviid
12-28-2012, 03:37 PM
An amazing serie, I did not like that focused on the love story and put aside the RPG style, but the end is intense and impressive. Very recommended

Kahpow
12-31-2012, 04:32 AM
I'm planning on watching it later today with my brother, I can't wait :)

Kite
01-07-2013, 07:33 AM
This anime seriously almost made me cry during the second story arc.. q -q
can't wait until they make more!!

Nik
01-10-2013, 02:17 AM
I loved reading this, I can't wait to watch it :)

Jager
01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
The Manga was great left me hanging but the Anime made it absolutely amazing. Enjoyed it and have to say it's one of the best of last year.

HenriP
07-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Great anime!

Blazingchampion
12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Incredible animation and visuals, but after a while the story goes a little flat. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

Maki
01-06-2014, 07:29 PM
sword art online makes me so happy. definitely better than the manga lelz

Maths
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM

gravedigging

Maki
01-06-2014, 08:10 PM
gravedigging

i just wanted to express my deep appreciation for this series fuck u
fukin fight me m8

Raj
01-06-2014, 08:17 PM

WOW. so much for waiting for me you lil sht

Anhedonia
01-17-2014, 01:54 AM
i honestly didn't expect much from this anime (because it was on toonami) but it ended up being really good. :)

Lyric
02-08-2014, 02:56 AM
I just watched both seasons in four days after being pressured into watching it. It was amazing!!
I was pressured because one of my really good friends has an rpg based on it (those other 4k players that made it) and wanted me to join.
I've been in that RP every night now writing my ass off and I cannot get enough of this world.
I enjoyed the romance between Kirito and Asuna, but I couldn't stand Yui in the first season. Nope.
Highly recommend this anime. It actually popped my anime cherry and I don't regret it.

Vegeance
02-08-2014, 09:29 AM
It was quite the opposite for me.
The protagonist pair got everything they wanted. Kirito magically receives hacking powers to defeat the boss, random girls coming from left and right flaunt over him, and no matter what happened, something convenient always occured for the pair--which I found was an indicator of poor storytelling. It had a good premise and try to drew in the audience using MMOs as a gimmick, but overall it was just a drama with your typical villain playing villain (lol I made the world to trap because because I felt like flying in the sky in some castle bs) and the hero being the hero (I'm uber awesome, I get super "elite" skills without any effort, and I'm just cool like that).

supreme_force
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM
SAO IS VERY GOOD OMG

-crying-

Waiting GGO

Artemissive
02-10-2014, 06:43 PM
It's so so so amazing <3