PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a really scary movie +rep

Kenshin
07-25-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm looking for a scary movie that will pretty much make me squeal like a little girl it's so scary. B)

Along the lines of like Paranormal Activity would be nice. I thought that was somewhat scary.

Will +rep on any good movie suggestions I haven't seen.

Caleb
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
The Exorcist was actually really scary for a 70's movie. The House of Wax was also really good! The Saw series was more of diabolically genius and bloody opposed to scary, but i loved it. I saw the descent a few weeks ago at like 3 AM, and It started scary, but kinda got stupid in my opinion... Got good reviews though! I'd check out the exorcist, or the house of wax. :)

Kenshin
07-25-2012, 11:05 AM
I saw the House of Wax. Was pretty lame.

Haven't seen The Exorcist yet.

Possible
07-25-2012, 11:27 AM
The Cabin in the Woods

Harry Potter
07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
I thought 28 days later and 28 weeks later were pretty scary ):

Nath
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't actually like scary movies. Not because they scare me, but I just find the stories are always a bit rubbish!

However my girlfriend was really scared by a movie called "Fragile", but I myself found it a little lame :P depends on what you like. It does have some creepy parts.

Also the movie "Shrooms" kinda freaked me out.

Trailer for shrooms:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Kenshin
07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll try The Cabin in the Woods.

Seen 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.

Never heard of fragile either. I'll check that out.

pinkie
07-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm a big fan of zombie flicks, and Dawn of the Dead has got to be one of my all-time favorites. Watch the old one for a classic scare, and the newer one for updated visuals that are jusssssst ugh so incredible.
27 hours is scary if only for the x minutes in the film where you're forced to watch him...... SAW OFF HIS OWN FUCKING ARM
Then I liked the Quarantine films because they are a surefire way to make me doubt the fact that I am an adult with control over my body. Many a casualty have resulted from watching these movies with me.

Edit: If you like Quarantine, the Rec series is a phenomenal follow-up :D

Sci_Girl
07-25-2012, 12:12 PM
It is not so much scary as it is disturbing, I could not finish the movie because it just was so weird, but House of 1000 Corpses. Not scary jump in your seat but god damn that just made my skin crawl. Another disturbing one was Human Centipede 2, not 1 because that one was a joke but Human Centipede 2 was just creepy. It was done in black and white, and just plain too much to handle. Really fucked up.

Kenshin
07-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Saw House of 1000 Corpses.

When the check is scalping the dude I turned it off. Was more gross than scary.

Human Centipede is just nasty. I have no interest in that.

Ronith
07-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Twilight.

Shit scares me so much, I never watched it.

Kenshin
07-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Twilight? lol

Not scary in the least but ty for the advice? lol:victorious:

Brittanee
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Pfft, you guys couldn't handle House of 1000 Corpses? Babies :P

Sneakz
07-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not into the movies like Paranormal activity, didn't find it very scary. But The Rite I thought was a great exorcism movie and pretty scary, also very well done as far as script and direction.
There's also a movie called Event Horizon that gives me chills every time I watch it - VERY disturbing both psychologically and in a bloody gory way if that's what you're into.

Sci_Girl
07-25-2012, 04:29 PM
I still get creeped out and jump when I watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre lol. Not the old one though but the one from a few years ago. Paranormal activity I found very boring, not into that type of stuff either.

esperanto
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Have you seen The Woman in Black? Everyone expected it to be terrible but it was actually really scary -_-

Ryan~
07-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Have you seen The Woman in Black? Everyone expected it to be terrible but it was actually really scary -_-

That movie terrified me :(

esperanto
07-25-2012, 04:51 PM
That movie terrified me :(

-hugs- Me too baby doll, me too.

metaldroga
07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Grave Encounters

or

I spint on your grave

pinkie
07-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Grave Encounters

or

I spint on your grave

Omg spoiler that shit, just looking at the default bit for the first video made me pee my pants a little.
T__________T

Nath
07-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Omg spoiler that shit, just looking at the default bit for the first video made me pee my pants a little.
T__________T

hahahaaha that's too funny...

That top one looks soo cheesy xD

metaldroga
07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
T__________T

Dont spoiler, that girls is very beauty :K

I imagine when I went to the cinema to see this movie (=

Ryan~
07-25-2012, 05:45 PM
T__________T

HOLY. WHAT THE. :( Thats scary. i think I downloaded that but never watched it ;(

Graff
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
It's already been said, but I saw "Cabin in the Woods" when it was in theaters a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. It's not a... traditional? type of scary movie... I don't know how to explain it, it's also somewhat funny to watch.

Have you seen Halloween?

Bot
07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
If you want your mind blown watch saw, or Orphan

coldtowelz
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
It's already been said, but I saw "Cabin in the Woods" when it was in theaters a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. It's not a... traditional? type of scary movie... I don't know how to explain it, it's also somewhat funny to watch.

Have you seen Halloween?

i always thought cabin in the woods was supposed to be a mockery of the traditional type of scary movies. i'm probably wrong, but that's how i viewed it and what many have told me from their point of view.

this is pretty old, but! i've heard that The Shining was pretty good.

Kera
07-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Kenshin

I recently had a nightmare about [Rec] - [Only registered and activated users can see links]
They made a second one as well, not as scary as the first one, but still suspenseful I thought.. I think when I watched it for the first time, I ended up crying.

Kenshin
07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've given out max rep for the day.

Found some movies :)

metaldroga
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've given out max rep for the day.

Found some movies :)

Get Fun [Only registered and activated users can see links]

razkull
08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Not really afraid of too many movies since I was a wee lad.. lol but these are some honorable mentions Serpent & The Rainbow, See No Evil & The Orphanage

zennka
08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Try Quarantine, it freaked me out a bit.