PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3 & Persona series

Neechan
07-24-2012, 08:34 PM
I was wondering who here was a fan of the persona series. Specifically Persona 3 Portable for PSP.
For those who have played the PSP version, what did you think about the female route vs the male route?
For those who haven't how did you feel about the game it's self, whether it be original Persona 3, P3FES, ect.
For those who haven't played persona 3 but have played any of the others what is your opinion on the game?
What's your favorite?

Personally for me I feel...

I felt the Female MC's route was way more depressing than the Male Mc's route.
Especially considering most of her main love interests are doomed basically "die".
(Though Shinjiro lives if you finish his social link, but he's still in a coma till the end of the game.)
Seriously the Male MC's route is god awful depressing but the Female route killed me. ;__;

Edit: Thank you Reese!

Reese
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Spoiler tags are [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler]

Crowley
08-15-2012, 12:11 AM
persona 3 is honestly one of my favourite games in the entire world. i don't enjoy RPGs in the slightest, but this series is the ONLY exception.

the psp version was lacking in comparison to the console version imo, but i can understand why they cut the corners they did for the sake of fitting it on a handheld system. i'm a little disappointed they actually removed the cutscenes rather than adding more, but again i can understand since it's a lot of work making them. i just enjoy the artists of ATLUS more than any other video game company, and i really just want more :B as for the stories themselves, i agree that the feMC was very depressing. they both were. they were a bleak punch to the soul that i didn't need. the only thing that really made it less sad to me was considering FES against the female version... the connection aigis and minato have just made me cry. the first ten minutes of 'the answer' really, deeply upset me, haha. having played ((or at least started)) 'the answer' really changed my views on the impact the male vs female storylines had on me. without the bond minato and aigis have, the feMC just falls short. but agreed, i loved learning about akihiko and junpei. those by themselves were depressing social links. the game as a whole is just very.... upsetting but in the best way.

this didn't make a lot of sense and i'm sorry :B