PDA

View Full Version : How to safely transfer extremely valuable item? :p

bamag
01-02-2012, 12:57 AM
I recently bought an item that multiplied my net worth by over 10 times :p
Unfortunately it is on an account that I fear may get iced (there seems to be an outbreak of bans lately..).
I've SSed on the account but luckily no review. I have ABed quite a few valuables (though none that come close to this one).
I have even made the blunder of accidentally logging on the account and my main on the same IP..
What should I do?

gudboy
01-02-2012, 07:10 AM
chances are you're gonna get banned at some point, i generally accepted that 30% of my items will be gone.

If that account is bound to be frozen, send it to a shell and let it sit for a few weeks, and freeze the bound to be frozen one. if it's gone it's gone.

If that account is still okay? still send it to a shell and let it sit.

Either way don't put all your eggs in a basket, have a few account just to sit. I have 6 accounts collecting all my items before I transfer it to my main, sometimes 1 or 2 get frozen, but that rarely happens. Even the account I AB in don't usually get frozen either.

After that it's entirely up to you if you want to freeze the shell AFTER you transfer it to your main or wherever, there's a debate that that calls for more attention, but i find it safer just to freeze it.

Hope it helps