PDA

View Full Version : Hmm Trading threads :/

esperanto
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
So it kind of bothers me that people list like 2-4 trading threads at a time and bump them so that people get bumped off the first page of the trading forum so fast. Right now there are 6 people on the first page that have more than one thread open. Would it be easier to limit people to just one thread? Or maybe have sub-forums for different things? Like randoms/unregs, pets, items, etc? Since people want to make different threads for those anyway. Just a thought :D

Kylae
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
People are allowed a max of three trading threads. I personally completely agree that sometimes one or two just aren't enough, especially if you are selling wildly different things.

Cody.
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I agree with the fact that one person can pretty much bump 2-3 people off the front page because they have that many threads.
but if people cant click the next button to look at page two's active threads then we have a problem.

and I think sub-forums is a tad too... much?
more then one forum should be more than enough.

esperanto
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Kylae & Cody

Thanks for your opinions :)
You're right, it might be too much having sub-forums.
Just a little frustrating to be bumped so quickly to the 3rd or 4th page and have to wait 2 or more hours to get back to page one :(
But I should be thankful we have such an active trading community :D

ri0tc0re
06-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I think merging threads would be best. 1 thread per person. You might have all these "wildly different" items, but there's nothing limiting you from stretching your first post and even adding another one with a different section. Would make trading a lot easier. A subsection for quicksales would help, that way if a person doesn't have a lot of stuff to sell (Like 1 account), they can make a quick topic and that's it, to abide by the 1 topic rule.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

esperanto
06-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I think merging threads would be best. 1 thread per person. You might have all these "wildly different" items, but there's nothing limiting you from stretching your first post and even adding another one with a different section. Would make trading a lot easier. A subsection for quicksales would help, that way if a person doesn't have a lot of stuff to sell (Like 1 account), they can make a quick topic and that's it, to abide by the 1 topic rule.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

That's a good thought! I like the quicksale subsection idea :)
And I agree, tons of people put all their items/accounts/etc in one thread and do it very neatly, efficiently, and it looks nice. It is possible :)

vetgrl
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
One or 2 might not be enough... however it would be nice to differentiate between products. An NPs forum vs an items, vs an account, vs a neopet. or maybe just cash v NP... :/

ri0tc0re
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
One or 2 might not be enough... however it would be nice to differentiate between products. An NPs forum vs an items, vs an account, vs a neopet. or maybe just cash v NP... :/

My only argument against this is that there really is nothing keeping a person from putting a divider between accounts and neopoints. Having 3 topics because your selling Items/Accounts/NPs just seems like a waste of space.

John
06-26-2012, 04:01 PM
more than one helps in a lot of cases. For example yesterday i needed $4 pretty quickly, so i quicksold some stuff and had the money within 10minutes. Had that been on a regular thread something like that would not be possible. I think three is perfect because it allows for one main thread and a little bit of room to work with the other two spaces.

esperanto
06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
more than one helps in a lot of cases. For example yesterday i needed $4 pretty quickly, so i quicksold some stuff and had the money within 10minutes. Had that been on a regular thread something like that would not be possible. I think three is perfect because it allows for one main thread and a little bit of room to work with the other two spaces.

^This is true, but then did your thread get deleted afterwards or left to get buried? Sorry I didn't see it. Because many people are doing "QUICKSELLING, SELLING TODAY!" and are still bumping it up after 3 or 4 days :/ I think a Quicksell sub where the topics could expire or be deleted or something would be nice. I do agree that trying to sell something quickly on your main thread isn't usually possible.

Death
06-26-2012, 05:17 PM
This is why I only ever make one general-titled selling thread. If however in the meantime, I decide to buy something that I don't see a thread for, or already know of a seller that I trust, then I'll make a new thread for whatever I'm buying. Once either my stuff sells, or I've bought whatever it was I wanted, I make sure to go back and edit my thread appropriately, and wipe any pertinent information for that transaction off the thread. It's both safer that way, and looks neater as far as I'm concerned.

Nodochi
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
^This is true, but then did your thread get deleted afterwards or left to get buried? Sorry I didn't see it. Because many people are doing "QUICKSELLING, SELLING TODAY!" and are still bumping it up after 3 or 4 days :/ I think a Quicksell sub where the topics could expire or be deleted or something would be nice. I do agree that trying to sell something quickly on your main thread isn't usually possible.

This is the real problem here. So if there are any users having more than 3 active threads at once, we should be able to report and get them deleted correct?

esperanto
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
This is the real problem here. So if there are any users having more than 3 active threads at once, we should be able to report and get them deleted correct?

Eh technically correct but that seems kind of mean. -_-
I don't really want to go report happy and stir up trouble :O

Getwellsoon
06-27-2012, 01:08 AM
well when someone has over 60 things to sell etc its gonna be hard to fit into one board. i know what you are talking about which is why i try to cram my stuff into as little boards as possible but i personally NEED the 3 boards...i mean if i listed all my ets for sale, all my accts, all my hashes, unregs, UC pets, converted pets, random accounts, NC items, etc (the list never ends) in one board very few people would take the time to read the monster board..the 3 boards allows me to break it into an neopoint selling thread, account/pet/gambling thread and then a quicksale thread on things i want gone. just my 2 bits though...its more for the traders who have hundreds if not thousands of $ worth of shit to sell....hard to list it all in one board while still getting everyone to read the whole board..

DarkAngel
06-27-2012, 03:03 AM
In my opinion, 3 is the right ammount.

Not too much, but not too little.

We get off the first page because our trading section is very active, not only because some users we have more than 1 selling thread

Nath
06-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Maybe the number of displayed thread could be increased on the trading forum? Not sure how easy or difficult that would be but it could be another way of looking at things...

I know what you're saying about bumping your board after 5 hours, only to find yourself at the end of the page 2 minutes later, but that's the way it goes unfortunately :P

Possible
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
It just makes you stay more ctive, bump your board every 5 hours. It's activity motivation xD. Yes I usually have 2 or 3 threads, but iot's not threads I'd like to combine. My thread would be a COMPLETE mess

Harry Potter
06-28-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't mind seeing people have a couple of trade threads if the content is different, what I don't like is when they have multiple threads selling almost the exact same stuff or when a user is quick selling something for 3 weeks.

esperanto
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't mind seeing people have a couple of trade threads if the content is different, what I don't like is when they have multiple threads selling almost the exact same stuff or when a user is quick selling something for 3 weeks.
Agreed! And someone had 6 selling threads up yesterday (and bumping, they were all in the first 1-2 pages) and I think at least 4 were quickselling!
Also, is there anyway we can request to have old threads deleted or should we just let them be buried?

Harry Potter
06-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Agreed! And someone had 6 selling threads up yesterday (and bumping, they were all in the first 1-2 pages) and I think at least 4 were quickselling!
Also, is there anyway we can request to have old threads deleted or should we just let them be buried?

You can request to have them locked but I usually don't delete them because I like to have them there for evidence. If you were scammed at least your old board is there and might be able to be used as proof in a dispute.

And if you see someone who you think is abusing the trading section by having so many threads you can always report it and if staff agrees they would take care of it.