PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tor browser please!

goodieboy
06-18-2012, 07:30 AM
My tor browser somehow can't display the pound. That means I can't adopt pets for all my shells! Help please, anyone? Will +rep. Thanks in advance!

Emiley
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
When Potatopig told me about tor he told me you cant use addons, flash, java, etc.
Hope that helped you.

Emily

Download Tor. It's a browser with built-in proxies for highly anonymous surfing.

At the touch of a button, you live somewhere else.

The downside is that you can't use addons. Flash, java etc.

goodieboy
I think the pound requires flash and java, not so sure.

LeMiguel72
06-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't use tor browser for neopets.. it's too slow. Use [Only registered and activated users can see links] instead, it has a free version providing high anonymous proxies located in the US at a click :)

goodieboy
06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
When Potatopig told me about tor he told me you cant use addons, flash, java, etc.
Hope that helped you.

goodieboy
I think the pound requires flash and java, not so sure.

Thanks for your help, so there's no way to browse neopets and adopt pets on tor? (All my legit sides are full, lol)

I wouldn't use tor browser for neopets.. it's too slow. Use [Only registered and activated users can see links] instead, it has a free version providing high anonymous proxies located in the US at a click :)

I don't find hotspot shield useful, a ton of people use it and it gives you the same IP everytime (If I'm not wrong) but tor allows you to constantly change your IP

LeMiguel72
06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
It doesn't, it gives you a different IP. Though if you prefer tor, don't mind me xD

goodieboy
06-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Oh guys I've got a breakthrough! Not too sure if this is a breakthrough or I was dumb before that. Like you need to CTRL + C CTRL + V the pet link! Like for example [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Haha!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

But I can't find a way to abandon though...cos there's no link to it is there?

Shawn
06-18-2012, 08:32 AM
You'll have to find the direct abandon link to skip all the flash. Perhaps use your browser, browse to the abandon page, pass all the flash. Then that's the URL you want

Evelsaint
06-18-2012, 08:35 AM
There is.

This doesn't require flash.

Link

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

PotatoPig
06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
You can install addons like Flash onto Tor, but it's against the browser's guidelines, as it exposes your IP.

If you don't care about that, you can try install the addons.

Fitzy2008
06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I created a guide not too long ago about using Tor with firefox, that way you can load all the addons like greasemonkey or whatever, and it will load all flash files while behind the same IP as the torbrowser is using

showthread.php?11481-Guide-Using-Tor-with-Firefox