PDA

View Full Version : Underarm Fat

Sneakz
06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
The females here might be able to better answer this question, but I'll open it up to everyone. I know this sounds really weird, but what kinds of exercises are best to get rid of fat under your armpit? I'm actually very skinny and have little body fat anywhere except my upper body. I'm a size 0-1 in pants, but I'm a 32D, and some of that boob fat kind of goes towards my armpit? lol. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

I found this pic on google, if it helps:

If you have any ideas let me know, I hate that I'm otherwise very fit and slim, and then I have ugly little pudges right there lol.

Evelsaint
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
It's the bra.

Count the fat as part of the breast.

:D

Sneakz
06-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Nah, it's not the bra. It's still there when I'm not wearing one. A bra makes it worse though lol. I want to tighten that area up and make it go away :(

Evelsaint
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Best exercise is swimming.

Do front crawl for 1000 yards 3x a week.

:3

Pace yourself.

Zildjian38
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
It is impossible to target fatty areas. The only way to get rid of fat from a certain area it to just burn fat all over. Unfortunately, the first place fat will go, is the last place fat will come off.

shukun
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I agree with zildjian38 and evelsaint. Lotsa cardio.
You could try chest flys or tricep pull downs or just plain pushups.

Evelsaint
06-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Swimming doesn't bulk your muscles much but.... you might get broad shoulders. :rolleyes:

John
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
crank out some clap pushups

Sneakz
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Swimming doesn't bulk your muscles much but.... you might get broad shoulders. :rolleyes:

Noooo I don't want broad shoulders! haha. I'm super petite and want to stay that way. Pushups I can definitely do.

Evelsaint
06-12-2012, 10:35 PM
It's not that noticeable. I see attractive female swimmers all the time.

I made an exaggeration. Honestly swimming is better than cranking out pushups lol.

Meagan
06-12-2012, 10:59 PM
When I had my daughter I would lift her up in reps and learn her back over my head, sort of stretching but holding her. It toned up that area and my arms, maybe do the same with 10 pound weights?

Sneakz
06-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Meagan I have a 28lb 2 year old xD I lift him up and down like that all the time and he loves it. It gets exhausting though, and he gets bored lol. I guess I could invest in some weights.

Meagan
06-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Haha that would be a good workout. Mine is too wiggly now to do it for long. I was thinking about getting a shake weight just to keep my chest and arms toned. No idea if it works.

j03
06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Any chest exercise basically. I would suggest using a bench press, but obviously using light weights and going for 20 reps +

This WILL burn the fat in that area.

vetgrl
06-25-2012, 12:54 AM
pushups and the reversee pushup dip thing (IDK what its called) you dip against a stair or the couch until your upper arm is 90 degrees with lower, or paralel to the floor. Repeat.

ri0tc0re
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Any chest exercise basically. I would suggest using a bench press, but obviously using light weights and going for 20 reps +

This WILL burn the fat in that area.
Wrong, but not entirely.

Spot training ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a myth. What you're really doing is building muscle, which might look like its counteracting the flabby-ness of a certain body part, but in reality the fat content and usually the size doesn't change. The only way to eliminate fat is to burn it overall.

If you want to lose the arm flab, your best bet is a simple diet and workout routine. Use some weights (Not 10lb or 5lb, actually challenge yourself) to build a little extra muscle, which will help your body burn the fat ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (Source 2 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])). You won't become some super behemoth she-man ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) like some people think (If a person devotes their entire life to look like that, how is a couple of hours a week going to force you into that body type?), and overall look more firm and gain strength that'll help with every aspect of your life. Hell, it even helps you in the long-term so you don't shrink when you're 50 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Female Strength Training for beginners ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Xanice
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Wrong, but not entirely.

Spot training ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is a myth. What you're really doing is building muscle, which might look like its counteracting the flabby-ness of a certain body part, but in reality the fat content and usually the size doesn't change. The only way to eliminate fat is to burn it overall.

If you want to lose the arm flab, your best bet is a simple diet and workout routine. Use some weights (Not 10lb or 5lb, actually challenge yourself) to build a little extra muscle, which will help your body burn the fat ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) (Source 2 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])). You won't become some super behemoth she-man ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) like some people think (If a person devotes their entire life to look like that, how is a couple of hours a week going to force you into that body type?), and overall look more firm and gain strength that'll help with every aspect of your life. Hell, it even helps you in the long-term so you don't shrink when you're 50 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Female Strength Training for beginners ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Agreed. Many females and even males are oblivious to the fact body building like most of those huge behemoths people see is actually quite a rigorous process and requires excess hours at the gym coupled along with massive amounts of protein intakes that surpass any measurable amount from naturally absorbing it from foods. This increases the speed in which your muscle mass grows. If you stick to a regular, healthy diet, increasing your protein in-take by only a little bit, then your muscles will cap in size and eventually just begin to tone. Some good excercises may be taking weights, standing straight and upright, arms to the sides and lifting your arms to a 90 degree angle parallel to the floor. That will work out underneath your arms. A similar excercise is lying down on a bench, extending your arms out partially, and pulling the weights up to tap each other, then back to rest. I believe those are called fly's.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Example of the second excercise. Of course this will require dumbbells and either a bench or medicine ball, but they're quite a good work out, though they do alot of chest as well so dependingly you may want to do them a bit less.

davebold370
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
I hope i'm not out of line by posting on this trend, but i know some things that will help.
Sneakz It's like this, muscles eat fat that is around them. The muscle requires more nutrients than the fat and thus will eat from it. The type of muscles that does this really well is stabilization muscles. They tend to absorb more. These are the muscles that allows you to do things more often than the snap muscles. For example, these muscles allow you to stand longer, walk father, hold weights longer, etc... This exercise is what my sister did and she lost that fat. She took two five pound weights, raised them up shoulder level arms fully stretched out, and held them for as long as she could. Then she raised to the front fully extended shoulder level and held it. Then she would hold it at odd angles that the body wasn't use to it. EX: 10 degrees from the shoulder straight positions. Each time she tried she went to beat her own time. After she was able to hold it for 5 minutes, she upgraded to 10 lbs. She is up to 30 lbs for 2 minutes now. If you don't have weights, sugar bags will do it too.
Sneakz If you don't want to do that out of fear of broad shoulders, martial arts is another option. There is hundreds of online aids and videos that help. The basic horse stance front punches will burn the fat fast. Me and my wife is working on it right now and she is losing weight fast. If you want a good martial arts that doesn't cause broad shoulders, aikdo is a great one. It uses those stabilization muscles to the max, and it's as harsh as the others. If you want a martial arts designed for women, wing chun kung fu might be an great option for you, but it's hard to find a teacher.

I hope this helps.

Sneakz
07-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I hope i'm not out of line by posting on this trend, but i know some things that will help.
Sneakz It's like this, muscles eat fat that is around them. The muscle requires more nutrients than the fat and thus will eat from it. The type of muscles that does this really well is stabilization muscles. They tend to absorb more. These are the muscles that allows you to do things more often than the snap muscles. For example, these muscles allow you to stand longer, walk father, hold weights longer, etc... This exercise is what my sister did and she lost that fat. She took two five pound weights, raised them up shoulder level arms fully stretched out, and held them for as long as she could. Then she raised to the front fully extended shoulder level and held it. Then she would hold it at odd angles that the body wasn't use to it. EX: 10 degrees from the shoulder straight positions. Each time she tried she went to beat her own time. After she was able to hold it for 5 minutes, she upgraded to 10 lbs. She is up to 30 lbs for 2 minutes now. If you don't have weights, sugar bags will do it too.
Sneakz If you don't want to do that out of fear of broad shoulders, martial arts is another option. There is hundreds of online aids and videos that help. The basic horse stance front punches will burn the fat fast. Me and my wife is working on it right now and she is losing weight fast. If you want a good martial arts that doesn't cause broad shoulders, aikdo is a great one. It uses those stabilization muscles to the max, and it's as harsh as the others. If you want a martial arts designed for women, wing chun kung fu might be an great option for you, but it's hard to find a teacher.

I hope this helps.

Nice! I'll definitely give it a try, thanks for the answer!

Superboy
08-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Yes. Work on your pictorial muscles. Your chest. It'll firm up everything from the breast bone to the right under the shoulder (underarm).

That should help you get less flab there.

Ksychic
08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
What you need to do is train triceps, that will convert it to muscle, however, if your trying to not have muscle, you need to just diet and excersie, no way around it.

Superboy
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Triceps are on the arms and behind the the biceps?

How is that going to help her underarms?

DarkByte
08-09-2012, 08:05 AM
All the videos I am viewing are saying its impossible to spot train a certain point to loose fat. You can develop muscle in a target area but not loose fat for that all over body exercise is needed.

Read this artical:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

any fitness instructor will tell you the same apparently its there most asked question :).

Superboy
08-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah. There is no way to just loose fat in one particular area over another.
But muscle does burn fat. Since the body needs more calories to keep it intact. So building muscle in an area of concern will make it appear leaner and toner.

Whole helping you loose fat all over the body.

winston_tiu
10-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Build some muscle in the triceps area, If you want to look fit without exercise just hide it with clothes. But the most effective is building muscles replacing fats. Reference: Penny of The Big Bang Theory, those are some well trained triceps :)

Rain
10-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Everything that everyone else said. :)
Whilst you can build muscle in certain areas, fat comes off where it wants to come off - not where you want to get rid of fat, or build muscle.
I don't suggest swimming at all, if you'd like to remain petite. However, if you do swimming, but not too often, you won't get broad shoulders. That mostly pertains for those who swim on a regular basis or are competitive swimmers.
I think if you don't want to lose any weight, the best thing would be to forget about it. Hardly anyone notices it; however, if you don't mind losing some weight, then go for it; losing around 3Kg should make a visible difference. It was like that for me? Haha, I had those, but I lost around 3Kg and they basically went away. Put it back on though, but I honestly don't mind them. ;)

Macho
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
With adequate training, you'll feel accomplished when you look in the mirror

Ked
10-04-2012, 12:25 PM
How can I loose underarm fat when I only work out like 2 times a week?

j03
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
How can I loose underarm fat when I only work out like 2 times a week?

Go hard when you do go. Make sure by the end of your workout it feels like you ran a marathon after years and years of smoking a water pipe daily for 10 hours a day.

Wondrous
10-04-2012, 01:29 PM
running definitely helps

tom hardy
11-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Physical workouts and exercises are the best option to do this thing.I am agree with the swimming but you can also do running,jogging,yoga and gym for this matter.Try to drink more and more water and control your diet,eating habits.Des Moines Mixed Martial Arts ([Only registered and activated users can see links])