PDA

View Full Version : Tats!

Paint
06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I like tattoos so I thought I'd start a topic and see if anyone has anything to share :)
Do you have tattoos? If you do, you can post pics or just describe them briefly if you like. And maybe what they mean to you.
If you don't have them, do you want one or will you be getting one?
If you're against them or if you hate them, why? I won't judge because I really can understand why some people would dislike tattoos. But please don't be too rude, this is just a friendly discussion :)

Acid
06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I like tattoos, but it does depend on what tattoo, I strongly dislike face tats.
Always wanted one, but not entirely sure what I'll be taking, so I'm just taking some time to think about that first.

But in general, I think guys with tattoos are incredibly sexy. ;)

Kristin
06-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I LOVE tattoos! I'll be getting my first one in a couple weeks for my birthday. :D
My husband has a 3/4 sleeve and it is so sexy. :O

Reload
06-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I like them but don't have any, I think so many look tacky and im nervous that ill hate whatever i get after like a week

Paint
06-08-2012, 04:09 AM
I LOVE tattoos! I'll be getting my first one in a couple weeks for my birthday. :D
My husband has a 3/4 sleeve and it is so sexy. :O

Cool! What's on his sleeve? What are you intending to get for yourself? :)

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I like tattoos, but it does depend on what tattoo, I strongly dislike face tats.
Always wanted one, but not entirely sure what I'll be taking, so I'm just taking some time to think about that first.

But in general, I think guys with tattoos are incredibly sexy. ;)

Do you mean face tats as in tattoos on the face, or portraits of people's faces on elsewhere? :D

I agree about the guys with tattoos part. But for me it depends on the guy, and the type of tattoos he's got. Generally skinny guys look kinda weird with tattoos lol. So they need to be of average build at least. And I don't like them to be drowning in tats, like covered in them. Applies to girls too.

I think for girls it's hot to have some tats but there should still be quite some skin left untouched. Covering all the skin is kind of like, sad? LOL

Acid
06-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Paint.
All true!
And yeah, I didn't make it very clear, I meant tattoos on a face. ;)

Paint
06-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Paint.
All true!
And yeah, I didn't make it very clear, I meant tattoos on a face. ;)

Ah yes. I agree. I think it is generally a bad idea to tattoo on the face.

Kristin
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Paint
He has a ghost/skeleton samurai and a cherry blossom tree. It's pretty badass.
I'm getting an ambigram (I think that's what they're called?) that when you look at it one way it says "black" and if you look at it upside down it says "white".

Paint
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Paint
He has a ghost/skeleton samurai and a cherry blossom tree. It's pretty badass.
I'm getting an ambigram (I think that's what they're called?) that when you look at it one way it says "black" and if you look at it upside down it says "white".

Your hubby's sounds pretty cool! :D
Yes they're ambigrams! I have been waiting to get one in forever, and I want "courage" and "strength", I already have the design and everything, but I need to save the money (just spent it all covering one of my old tats which was pretty crappy, plus tattoos are pretty expensive to do here) and need to think where to place it now that the spot on my back no longer seems ideal :/ Bet yours will turn out great if you do get it! :D

Kristin
06-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Your hubby's sounds pretty cool! :D
Yes they're ambigrams! I have been waiting to get one in forever, and I want "courage" and "strength", I already have the design and everything, but I need to save the money (just spent it all covering one of my old tats which was pretty crappy, plus tattoos are pretty expensive to do here) and need to think where to place it now that the spot on my back no longer seems ideal :/ Bet yours will turn out great if you do get it! :D

Luckily my step brothers are good friends with the best tattoo artist in town, so I'm getting a super good deal on my tat. I'll be getting it in a couple weeks! So excited!

deathwish42
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
its funny i am getting my tattoo redone on monday as well as probably getting another one i am addicted to tattoos and im only 17 i got my first one when i was 15

coldtowelz
06-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I personally would never get a tattoo partially due to the costs and pain i might feel and not be able to tolerate. it would be interesting to have one though, not gonna lie; especially, if it's of something that holds deep meaning to me. another reason why i wouldn't get one is because it's permanent, and although there are solutions to ridding myself of it if i so choose to, that too would be costly i'd imagine.

Sneakz
06-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Mine has been like this for two years lol. I still haven't gotten it colored yet. I'm hoping to do that within the next few months.

shukun
06-09-2012, 01:44 AM
I dont have any but I want one like the tattoo from D.Gray man. the OM symbol on yuu kanda

Acid
06-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Awesome tat Sneakz!
I heard coloring it is the most painful part, so good luck. ;)

Paint
06-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Luckily my step brothers are good friends with the best tattoo artist in town, so I'm getting a super good deal on my tat. I'll be getting it in a couple weeks! So excited!

Lucky you~ It's so important to get a good artist. I had one who did a crap job with mine and even now after I got someone else to cover it over, the old one is visible because the previous artist injected too deep and made the whole thing pop up :(:(:(
Am excited for you too! Now I really want my ambigram hahaha

Sneakz
06-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Acid well when he colored in the tribal part it wasn't too bad. It's just that they have to hold the needle on your skin for longer periods at a time lol. I have a pretty good pain tolerance anyway. I'll post a picture for you guys when it's finished :D

deathwish42
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
the tattoos pain are the best part in my opinion and once you start getting them you crave the pain from them like how i am and everyone else i know are haha

vladedivac
06-17-2012, 06:25 AM
i have no tats but i'd like a tattoo of a komodo dragon on my chest. that'd be a real real great one

Death
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
I've got a huge (covers most of my back) pair of tribal style wings, and a cross with 3 banners, one each at the top, middle and bottom, with some lilac blooms around the bottom on my left upper arm as a memorial tat. Ive got more in mind, just lacking the funds to get them done.

Acid
06-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Mondale, would love to see your wings! Could you make a picture of it? :-)

Paint
06-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm envious! Full back angel wings were my dream tats. But tattoos are so costly to do here, I'm never gonna be able to afford them, and I wanted to cover up my other one real bad, so I did the coverup and now I'll never be able to do wings. Still, that leaves space for other tats. Already saving for my next one, just wondering where to place it :D

Brady
06-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I really want to get one, but my pain tolerance is extremely low.

Fran
06-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I have a butterfly tattoed in the back of my neck. I designed it myself and was super happy with the design but the place I went to made a really awful job, it looked like a pre-school drawing and nothing like my design so I had to go to another tatoo place and get it fixed, double pain and double money. It doesn't look like I wanted it to because the guy said he could only fix it to a point :/

Here it is:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Death
06-17-2012, 08:12 PM
My wings on my back is still an outline, but sometime in the near future, on of the 7 friends of mine that sling ink is going to be filling it in for me... for free =D I'll post it then. But this is the cross on my left arm:

Paint
06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Actually, so is mine. But I wanted my tattoos so badly that I decided to just deal with the pain, and surprisingly, I could! At first I was shaking so bad before the needle touched me at all, and the whole way through I was sweating like crazy, but the knowledge and anticipation of the pain to come makes it very much easier to deal with it, and after a short while you just don't fear it anymore, though you still feel it. At least, that's for me :)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I have a butterfly tattoed in the back of my neck. I designed it myself and was super happy with the design but the place I went to made a really awful job, it looked like a pre-school drawing and nothing like my design so I had to go to another tatoo place and get it fixed, double pain and double money. It doesn't look like I wanted it to because the guy said he could only fix it to a point :/

Here it is:

I feel you on that. I designed the one on my neck myself too, but somehow it didn't turn out quite as.... nice as I thought it'd be. I still like it though, if only because I know I designed it and because it's my name too. Lol. I gotta get some pics up here.