PDA

View Full Version : [VB.NET] Link Help

utahclock
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
where would I insert links to neopets to make the login and password text boxes work? this is what I have so far..

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox2_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles TextBox2.TextChanged

End Sub
End Class

Zachafer
06-02-2012, 01:09 PM
The provided code is written in VBNet, not VB6.

A Neo login is a lot more complex then visiting a link. You have to send POST data to a URL, wait for the response, and then read the response. Once you have the response read, you have to check a few different things (HTTP Response code, cookies, redirection, successful login).

Most of these actions are easily accomplished by a [Only registered and activated users can see links] which you can find here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I would recommend checking out Live[Only registered and activated users can see links] I can't find a tutorial on this site so I'll probably write one soon

utahclock
06-02-2012, 04:52 PM
**smashes head agaisnt wall... all I get is blank boxes but it says code works.. I must be doing something wrong ?

Zachafer
06-02-2012, 04:54 PM
**smashes head agaisnt wall... all I get is blank boxes but it says code works.. I must be doing something wrong ?

What do you want to happen when you click Button1? Put this code in the Button1_Click Handler:
Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
MessageBox.Show("Button1 Clicked!")
End Sub

utahclock
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
thanks for the info zac, ill try adding this to the code tommorow, so in general If you have the correct coding the form 1 box will always be blank?