PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Semi-Legit Restocking.

npm
12-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Restocking is the easier/faster way to earn neopoints. Basically is buying items from the main neopets shops and sell that stuff for much much more = PROFIT! $$ (These shops fill up whit new items at random times many times per hour).

I will show you the basics of restocking with a really basic guide. Then I'll show you some tricks that I use to make restocking more easier.

Basic Guide:

If you go to a one of the main shops you'll found something like this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
As you can see on this image there isn't a profitable item (an item that you can buy it and then sell it for more earning some neopoints as profit).
So here is when you'll need to constantly refresh the page every 5 seconds or so, obviously you can refresh the page at the time you want (I recomend you to click the shopkeeper besides of pressing the f5 key 'cause the page loads a little more faster)... But be careful or you can get banned.

Until you see that the shop fills with new items like this:
Now we've that the shop restock with 5 morphing potions (the more profitable items on this shop) so dont get nervious and go ahead and fast click
one of them.

If you are faster enough to fast click one, you'll found something like this:
So basically here you'll put an offer for the item you're trying to buy, normally is a price near to the shop price, this is called as haggle.

So now that you have put your offer click the petpet on the image the faster you can!.
And if you are the faster on the way you will see the next image:
If this happen CONGRATULATIONS! you sucessfully restock your first item.

If you aren't fast enough you'll get something like this:

Try to dont get crazy or sad and calmdown cause this happen usually (You may or may not knew by now that alot of people make restock so sometimes is really hard to get something but not impossible). Now go to the shop wizard and search for the item you got, if you dont find the item on there is because you restock an item called as UB( UB means unbuyable so you cant found the item on normal users shops because the item worths more than 99,999 nps) so go to the Trading Post and see how much cost your new item. ;)

Sometimes when you are refreshing for a while you found that the shops dont show items and you got the next legend.

"Sorry, we are sold out of everything! We get restocked every eight minutes or so, so please come back soon."

And this happen with all shops so you are unable to see the items on there. Most restock bans last between 18-24 hours. Sometimes they may be shorter than that, the shortest ever ban was one hour. If you want to be sure if you're restock banned go here [Only registered and activated users can see links] if you cant see an item you're banned.

Well here I finish my short and basic guide for restocking... like I said this just an advance of what restock is, if you want to go more deep on this, search for a guide there, are a lot of more explicit guides on the internet.

MAKING RESTOCK MORE EASIER:

The material:
AddBlock Plus:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (firefox)
(We'll use this to block all the no-profitable items on the main shops)

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS YOU CAN VISIT MY GUIDE HERE:

Stylish
(Block lagged-stuff like heater and footer)
GreaseMonkey:
(For the script we'll use on this tutorial)
AutoHaggler:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (ENG)
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (ENG w/ OCR autoclicker)
[Only registered and activated users can see links] (SPAN)
(To auto-haggle for an item)

Blocking stuff:
After install Stylish go to manage styles and click on write new style.

Copy&Paste this:

@-moz-document url-prefix("[Only registered and activated users can see links]") {
#header, #footer, .sidebar { display: none !important; }
.contentModuleContent img {height:100px!important; width:100px!important;}
}

@-moz-document url-prefix("[Only registered and activated users can see links]") {
#footer, #header, .sidebar, img { display: none !important; }
}

-Special thanks to Lauren.

MY PERSONAL TRICK (firefox only):

Go to the nav bar and writhe: about:config
Go ahead and click enter on the Warning
Now in the search bar write: zoom
Change the next values:
browser.zoom.full (FALSE)
browser.zoom.siteSpecific (FALSE)

Whit this you can zoom out now and only the text will be smaller and the images will remaing with the same size.

Blocking no-profitable items:
After you had installed addblock to your firefox go to item database on jellyneo... and do this:
Now you have 75 items sort by price lower to higher now you've two options right click and block one by one or this faster way:

On the page press the right click with your mouse (this will show you a list of the actions you can do)
On the list click on: See this page information (may be diferent)
Now you have a panel with some diferent actions... search for media and click it.
With this you've the list of the 75 items you searched before just select and copy all the links that finish with .gif and paste on a text or directly on the Addblock addon.
Repeat this until you finish your list.

If you go now to the shop with the items you block you'll see this:
So now just wait until you see an item and this will be an item that you didn't block (this means a profitable item). So you can try to get the item as faster as you can.

- Install GreaseMonkey and the AutoHaggler
- Disable javascript.
- Last trick (evoiding pop-ups):
Just scroll-click with the mouse the image of the item you wanna buy.

And Finally you are ready to make a really faster buys and be 1337 restocker !

I hope this help you guys to make restock! this is my first guide ever!
thank you for reading:)

haxatax
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Wow crazy guide.

npm
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you may I'll add things to make it more usseful

whatareyoudoingomgSTOP
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow, I never thought of ever disabling java. GREAT GUIDE!
eres el mejor

hiddenwaybelow
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I bought scrambled eggs easily thanks to this thread!! :D I'm going to spend a lot more time on Neopets now! :((

EDIT: For some reasons, my maximum zoom out looks the same before and after the changed values, with the text visible.

npm
01-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I bought scrambled eggs easily thanks to this thread!! :D I'm going to spend a lot more time on Neopets now! :((

EDIT: For some reasons, my maximum zoom out looks the same before and after the changed values, with the text visible.

Did you try to restar your browser?.. this happen to me but after I restar the browser it works perfect.

hiddenwaybelow
01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Doesn't work for me, but it also doesn't stop me from restocking better. :d

Khelddar
01-11-2012, 05:36 AM
This was as small as i could get the writing on a MacBook

npm
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I dont know why doesn't work for you guys sorry! but I'll search for an answer.

Lauren
01-14-2012, 03:45 PM
This guide makes me laugh because I used to restock this way haha! I have a couple things to add:

Instead of disabling Javascript to avoid the popup I just scroll-click the image.
Instead of the zoom thing, I have Stylish installed for Firefox and I have this code:

#header, #footer, .sidebar { display: none !important; }
.contentModuleContent img {height:100px!important; width:100px!important;}
}

#footer, #header, .sidebar, img { display: none !important; }
}

This removes unnecessary loading and the images will still be the same size when you ctrl - -

Also on greasemonkey I have:
// ==/UserScript==

document.body.innerHTML= document.body.innerHTML.replace(/in stock/g," in stock<br><a href=\"[Only registered and activated users can see links]">REFRESH PAGE<\/a>");

This way you can refresh the page (it's actually a link so it is the same as clicking the shopkeeper) where the items are, it makes you have to move your mouse that much less. Only problem with this is you have to change the 58 to whatever you want and make them separate scripts for different shops since I'm just a beginner with the ways of javascript and I don't know an easier way to do it.
I don't know if your autohaggler clicks the pet every time but the one I used didn't so I disabled that and click the pet myself.

Anyways hope this makes it just a teeny bit easier.

npm
01-16-2012, 04:45 AM
This guide makes me laugh because I used to restock this way haha! I have a couple things to add:
....Anyways hope this makes it just a teeny bit easier.

added your info to the guide thanks lauren (:

npm
01-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Bump :P

npm
01-21-2012, 03:07 AM
bump this :D

npm
02-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Bump :P

bourrache
02-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Awesome guide, thanks. o:

whatsupb
02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Great post....Installed stylish because I didn't have that one before

I also have a giant adblock list I used to use - It is a bit outdated but I am willing to share with those who want it (PM me)

Be careful though because I have still been iced in the past for just autofilling the haggle.
Nowadays, I'll just turn js off, or I'll click the item I want with the clickwheel button on my mouse - this will open it in a new tab without bringing up the OK prompt window popup bullshit
Then just hit ctrl+tab, haggle, ??, profit!

Cheers

npm
02-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Great post....Installed stylish because I didn't have that one before

I also have a giant adblock list I used to use - It is a bit outdated but I am willing to share with those who want it (PM me)

Be careful though because I have still been iced in the past for just autofilling the haggle.
Nowadays, I'll just turn js off, or I'll click the item I want with the clickwheel button on my mouse - this will open it in a new tab without bringing up the OK prompt window popup bullshit
Then just hit ctrl+tab, haggle, ??, profit!

Cheers

I haven't got frozen for do this :O! thanks for the help and the coments (:

whatsupb
02-25-2012, 12:57 AM
I haven't got frozen for do this :O! thanks for the help and the coments (:

It took about 3-4 years of doing it and 800+ ubs before they caught on :P it was only a matter of time xD safe restocking!

Tom
02-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I made this exact guide circa 2009 on HB xD

I'm not sure if it's on there, but make to include disabling Javascript.

npm
02-25-2012, 02:01 AM
I made this exact guide circa 2009 on HB xD

I'm not sure if it's on there, but make to include disabling Javascript.

I don't know what are you talkin about... anyways added the javascript thing thanks.

Tom
02-25-2012, 02:03 AM
I don't know what are you talkin about... anyways added the javascript thing thanks.

No probs, it just skips the "Are you sure you want to buy *item*?" message.

npm
02-25-2012, 02:06 AM
No probs, it just skips the "Are you sure you want to buy *item*?" message.

LOL i mean whit the thing that you made this exact guide...

Tom
02-25-2012, 02:09 AM
LOL i mean whit the thing that you made this exact guide...

Nah I mean in 2009 I made pretty much the same guide (obviously you added some of your own flare and information to the guide) on Infamous Joe's old site (can't mention the exact name, against the rules methinks). I titled it "Semi-Legit restocking" and have seen the same name crop up everywhere ever since xD

And I was referring to disabling Javascript in my previous post, which negates the stupid "are you sure you want to buy x" message.

whatsupb
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Didn't know about the stylish code - that one is a beauty
My screen is '17 as it is, so I can already see the 4 rows if adblocked
If 3 rows stock item - I can still see them all
If all 4 rows stock an item, I need to scroll down a bit - this makes it so I don't now :D

The only request I have, if its possible:
Is there any Stylish tag to make the hagglebox larger? I always click beside / the edge of the box and type nothingness because I'm a failure - Making the haggle box like 3x bigger = would help immensely

Fitzy2008
05-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Thank you so much, the adblock trick has REALLY helped me with restocking!

Ksychic
05-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Just had some quick questions:
1) How safe is the autohaggler? Can TNT detect it? I've heard of icing's for an autohaggler, so I mean might as well AB lol
2) Is turning javascript off allowed? Is that detectable?
3) Finally, I believe adblock is undetectable, just wondering if I'm right.

Tom
05-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Just had some quick questions:
1) How safe is the autohaggler? Can TNT detect it? I've heard of icing's for an autohaggler, so I mean might as well AB lol
2) Is turning javascript off allowed? Is that detectable?
3) Finally, I believe adblock is undetectable, just wondering if I'm right.

1.) Your question is essentially can TNT detect super fast purchasing times, and that would be yes.
2.) Nobody's going to ban you for disabling Javascript compatibility.
3.) It's detectable through some Javascript, but do you know how many people use AdBlock for everyday browsing? Millions.
They don't care.

Ksychic
05-26-2012, 09:26 PM
So how safe do you believe an autohaggler is man?

Tom
05-26-2012, 09:48 PM
So how safe do you believe an autohaggler is man?

In my opinion, safer than an ABer. The behavior is different & I assume you browse other areas of the site in between refreshes.

Jarbo
05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
In my opinion, safer than an ABer. The behavior is different & I assume you browse other areas of the site in between refreshes.

ABing can be safe anyway as long as you've done your research on where to shop, how long to shop and how fast to shop.

Been doing it for 6 months straight, no freeze.

Obernik
05-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Awesome Guide :D

metaldroga
01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
good job, nice guide :)

npm
06-21-2014, 10:07 PM
I think I'll bump this only 'cause I came back.

TimeToNoodles
08-16-2015, 06:37 AM
Thank you so much :)