Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I think it has to do with the lack of financial security of this generation and that being married is financially beneficial for both parties.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Most of my classmates from high school are now married. Mostly 20, 21 year olds, not due to pregnancy either.
    Most, if not all of them are not financially stable and live with their parents.

I don't really understand it. =/ being "stuck" with a person for the rest of your life sounds pretty suffocating to me, but then again who am i to judge

However divorces are already happening after one or two years of them getting married... beauty of facebook

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainey For This Useful Post:

littlespacecase (10-18-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Marriage is taken with such a grain of salt nowadays. No one takes it seriously any more.
    This is so true.

I'm 21 and I can't see myself being married right now.

Although, I personally don't feel like marriage is something that is required. You don't have to marry someone to prove you love them and are in for commitment. To me, all a marriage does is change your last name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This thread is very depressing lol. Doesn't anybody believe in getting married out of love?
    My then-boyfriend and I moved in together after only a few months of dating, were engaged after 10 months, and were married this past summer. I think we've been together for about 3 1/2 years total now? Writing it out makes it seem very fast but when you know you know. I love him and we have so much fun together. We are still crazy in love, even more so everyday.

I was 20 when we were engaged, 23 when married. He's four years older than me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-17-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah I see it happening too. I know a few people who are married under 25. I would never do that personally...I guess there is this perception in the US that you fall in love with the one and then you don't have to do any work after that? The people I know who are married seem to think "Why wait? I know this is my soul mate" or whatever.

But honestly that's not how it works in reality and most of these people will probably get divorced.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by littlespacecase View Post
    But honestly that's not how it works in reality and most of these people will probably get divorced.
    Maybe that's just not how it works in your "reality"? Every single person in the world is different. There are some people who do find their "soul mates" and who do stay together. There are also some people who thought they found their "soul mates" but it turns out they were wrong. Saying that someone falling in love and marrying and staying together isn't how "reality" works is an incredibly broad blanket statement that isn't necessarily true.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Maybe that's just not how it works in your "reality"? Every single person in the world is different. There are some people who do find their "soul mates" and who do stay together. There are also some people who thought they found their "soul mates" but it turns out they were wrong. Saying that someone falling in love and marrying and staying together isn't how "reality" works is an incredibly broad blanket statement that isn't necessarily true.
    Love is just a deep appreciation for a person. Can people fall in love and stay together? Absolutely. But those that do, do because they worked hard to help each other grow and supported each other. they respect each other, and they communicate.

Not because of some magic random luck of the draw destiny that gives you a free happy ending.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by littlespacecase View Post
    Love is just a deep appreciation for a person. Can people fall in love and stay together? Absolutely. But those that do, do because they worked hard to help each other grow and supported each other. they respect each other, and they communicate.

Not because of some magic random luck of the draw destiny that gives you a free happy ending.
    I strongly disagree with parts of this, Love is not just a deep appreciation for a person. Love is an unconditional commitment to a person who you could never imagine not being in your life. Loving my wife isn't just a deep appreciation or a decision, it is a decision my heart and soul made, a promise to love, be patient and kind. Love isn't hard work, life is hard work and so are the obstacles that we encounter, love is beautiful and kind.

As for marrying young in the US, well I think some people jump into it to fast. I was with my wife for almost five years when we were married. We didn't marry for finance or a name change (I kept my name as did she), we married because we found our soulmate in each other and having our families accept our marriage and wanting to be together was icing on the cake.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I got married when I was 24 (my wife was 30) so not that young, but my situation could have happened much younger. We had only known each other for maybe almost two months, but somehow we knew. We ran to the justice of the peace and got married. Now it is almost 6 years later and we are still together and have stuck by each other through all the challenges we have faced. I guess it was just how we felt.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    This thread is very depressing lol. Doesn't anybody believe in getting married out of love?
    My then-boyfriend and I moved in together after only a few months of dating, were engaged after 10 months, and were married this past summer. I think we've been together for about 3 1/2 years total now? Writing it out makes it seem very fast but when you know you know. I love him and we have so much fun together. We are still crazy in love, even more so everyday.

I was 20 when we were engaged, 23 when married. He's four years older than me.
    I definitely don't necessarily think it is fast, see my post above. And things have worked out- sometimes when you know you know.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I just turned 18 and i'm about to get married to my fiance, who's 27.
    Except, me and him are constantly fighting... weather it's a power struggle or about an open relationship (i really want one -- i have sex addiction honestly lmao)

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with someone who won't capitulate to a little simplistic idea, because it "affects his manhood"
    Fuck, being a faggot is so complicated. UGH