Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Why do girls spend so much on make up?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    Its around $80-$100 CAD. It doesnt hurt at all. the whole time your sleeping, all you feel is a delicate sweeping in your lashes.
    I am so looking into this!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think I'm quite obsessive as well =\
    I rarely go to class without makeup, which is such a bummer because that's an extra 30min of sleep I'm losing every morning.

Gotta look good when I'm sleeping in class.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainey For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-11-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    712 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I personally like spending money on makeup because bad quality makeup is bad on my skin.

If a woman wants to spend money on makeup and she enjoys doing her makeup, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Lyric (01-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I like my money right where I can see it, on my vanity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misselizabeth For This Useful Post:

Lyric (01-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Seems crazy.

My gf is slowly moving in and holy shit like the amount of make up is crazy like 3 little carry bags full and I'm just like in shock!!

Never seen so many paint brush things in my life, was planning to paint some colour into my house so I might steal some brushes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    crazy indeed. i asked a few female friends about the amount of make up they have on and they looked at me like i was a retard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to workallnight For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (01-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Honestly, the better I look, the nicer people treat me. Including women. People can be quite shallow sometimes
    At my old workplace, I never used to wear makeup because I wear SPF 50+ on my face daily instead. Went to a work outing & wore my "face" & people kept saying I should do it daily to attract more sales -_- . It hurt a little. I look pretty basic without makeup. So I stand out a lot more when I bother to apply it. I'm not talking about kardashian level- shot with homer's makeup gun look. Just makeup to enhance what I already have. I enjoy the process but can't deny the social benefits from it.
    Also there are plenty of girls out there who don't care to wear makeup. Plenty of reasons girls wear makeup. It's different for everyone

That was a pretty bleak response but it's kind of true. I think men have this idea that no makeup is better. Then they see this super hot girl and think she's all natural. When really, she probably spent 40 minutes to create that "natural" look Went to a course with nerdy guys & they kept talking about how the Victoria's secret models were so naturally beautiful without makeup. Like, literally pointing at photos going _ "wow no makeup!". Dude, they had professionals applying that shit for hours. Of course they're gorgeous, but some guys really can't tell the difference unless it's OBVIOUSLY plastered on makeup. Lol.
    Last edited by nightlife; 01-11-2016 at 04:52 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightlife For This Useful Post:

Lyric (01-11-2016),Roslyn (01-11-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    VS models don't wear makeup?
    Ha. Haa. HAAA.

I love Jess

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    it's not just sometimes. it's a fact of the world that attractive people get further in life than ugly people. and it just happens that females are better suited to take advantage of that fact.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    hat was a pretty bleak response but it's kind of true. I think men have this idea that no makeup is better. Then they see this super hot girl and think she's all natural. When really, she probably spent 40 minutes to create that "natural" look Went to a course with nerdy guys & they kept talking about how the Victoria's secret models were so naturally beautiful without makeup. Like, literally pointing at photos going _ "wow no makeup!". Dude, they had professionals applying that shit for hours. Of course they're gorgeous, but some guys really can't tell the difference unless it's OBVIOUSLY plastered on makeup. Lol.
    That reminds me of a time when I was out with a friend and he mentioned he likes a girl who has long dark hair and pointed to a very gussied up girl saying just like her hair. I said yeah its nice hair it would have cost a lot to have it done. He was confused asking about hair salon cuts and stuff and I said no no not hair cut that right there is a chick with fake hair. Long extensions. This girl had one of those very curly dues that you see on the celebs, down to the middle/small of her back, very done up very clearly not her actual hair.

He was totally amazed that I said that. I had to explain that yeah tons of girls get extensions, they like long hair. Some girls have thin hair that really does not grow much so they want fuller longer hair. To get nice long curls in hair that long means either she has hair down to her butt naturally or she had extensions put in. He said he never knew it was that common. He is the type that likes the fake ensemble chick, big fake boobs, fake butt, fake eye lashes, fake nails, fake lips the whole shebang. Thats why I was confused as to why he never even considered that the girl he was staring at with nearly butt length hair had extensions lol. So yeah it happens when guys honestly have no idea that natural often ain't nautral.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 01-11-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    That reminds me of a time when I was out with a friend and he mentioned he likes a girl who has long dark hair and pointed to a very gussied up girl saying just like her hair. I said yeah its nice hair it would have cost a lot to have it done. He was confused asking about hair salon cuts and stuff and I said no no not hair cut that right there is a chick with fake hair. Long extensions. This girl had one of those very curly dues that you see on the celebs, down to the middle/small of her back, very done up very clearly not her actual hair.

He was totally amazed that I said that. I had to explain that yeah tons of girls get extensions, they like long hair. Some girls have thin hair that really does not grow much so they want fuller longer hair. To get nice long curls in hair that long means either she has hair down to her butt naturally or she had extensions put in. He said he never knew it was that common. He is the type that likes the fake ensemble chick, big fake boobs, fake butt, fake eye lashes, fake nails, fake lips the whole shebang. Thats why I was confused as to why he never even considered that the girl he was staring at with nearly butt length hair had extensions lol. So yeah it happens when guys honestly have no idea that natural often ain't nautral.
    I can understand his mistake though. If the extensions are done well, I don't blame him for not even thinking of it. Men typically don't have the same exposure to the other tricks that can be done to enhance a woman's appearance. When the seniors have their formal, a week beforehand half of them suddenly have longer hair; the boys are typically confused as hell. That said, my hair is that long naturally.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-11-2016)