1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Yeah, income statement doesn't show a break-down of revenue & what is up with the notes to the financial statements lol.
    I think Australian ones are so much easier to follow.

Haha Aus uses IFRS and we use GAAP in the states. xD

So no I can't find any filings on the SEC website for Knowledge Adventure or Knowledge Holdings.
    Poop.

I find it really weird that they're keeping everything so hush hush. XD It should have been easier to find out what the parent company was IMO?
    "Jumpstart" is a product to the company.

To me, that's like saying Neopets was bought by Q-Tips instead of saying Neopets was bought by the company Unilever. xD
    Product vs brand.

Just seems weird to me XD
    (Since jumpstart's a "safekids" place or something and that certification or whatnot requires all these safe things so that now makes me think Neopets will get more 'censored' haha)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    5d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylily View Post
    Haha Aus uses IFRS and we use GAAP in the states. xD

So no I can't find any filings on the SEC website for Knowledge Adventure or Knowledge Holdings.
    Poop.

I find it really weird that they're keeping everything so hush hush. XD It should have been easier to find out what the parent company was IMO?
    "Jumpstart" is a product to the company.

To me, that's like saying Neopets was bought by Q-Tips instead of saying Neopets was bought by the company Unilever. xD
    Product vs brand.

Just seems weird to me XD
    (Since jumpstart's a "safekids" place or something and that certification or whatnot requires all these safe things so that now makes me think Neopets will get more 'censored' haha)
    Jumpstart is owned by the same company that owns Blizzard, who owns WOW. I think they just like separating it like that. xD
    Googled, and apparently "Vivendi Games" is the parent?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Jumpstart is owned by the same company that owns Blizzard, who owns WOW. I think they just like separating it like that. xD
    Googled, and apparently "Vivendi Games" is the parent?

Gosh maybe I'm just lame xD

(you need an account to see links) = "JumpStart (also known as Knowledge Adventure) "
    Google Knowledge Adventure = (you need an account to see links)
    Then I looked up the CEO of Knowledge Adventure to find Knowledge Holdings. o_0

But on the wikipedia for Vivendi =
    "Soon after its creation, CUC Software acquired in January 1997 Knowledge Adventure, a leading developer of educational software, which published the JumpStart series of child oriented programs. CUC also acquired Gryphon Software, another educational software company. Davidson & Associates and Gryphon were then absorbed into Knowledge Adventure, and Blizzard Entertainment was made a separate division of CUC Software."
    "In December 2007 it was announced that Vivendi Games would merge with games publisher Activision, forming Activision Blizzard. In July 2008, the merger went active. Activision Blizzard, the new moniker for the company, now operates the games division of Vivendi SA, later became an independent company on July 25, 2013 (including Vivendi Games).[1]"

Gah I'm confused lol

Meep
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Vivendi lost control of Activision Blizzard (a holding company for Activision and Blizzard Entertainment) when Activision Blizzard bought back a majority of its shares. Vivendi went from owning ~60% of the shares to approximately ~11%. Then Vivendi sold even more of its Activision Blizzard stock subsequently reducing their total stake to about 5% - 6%. So Vivendi Games, owned by Vivendi?, doesn't have much to do with Activision Blizzard (so they no longer have a stake in the company that produced and maintains WoW).

Knowledge Adventures also detached itself from Vivendi around 2004 (Vivendi sold them to other investors). So if I have everything correctly, Vivendi doesn't really have anything to do with JumpStart anymore, owned by Knowledge Adventures, controlled by Knowledge Holdings, Inc. This should help a little bit with the chain of corporate ownership if anyone is interested, xD.

Jumpstart is handled/produced by Knowledge Adventures. Knowledge Adventures is held by Knowledge Holdings, Inc., your typical holding company.