DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    No problem! It's the fourth day after the procedure and the cramping is almost completely gone. It only happens now on rare occasion. It was still very prevalent for about 2 days after the procedure, but definitely manageable.

Expect some bleeding on the night of and day after (I needed a light pad over a panty liner), and then it'll probably be panty liner weather until you stop spotting. I still have a TINY bit of brown spotting today, but I'm totally expecting to be spotting for a while so I stocked up on dark underwear and panty liners.

Another concern I had was my boyfriend feeling the strings. We've had sex twice now and neither me nor him could feel them, which was a huge relief! Since its only the fourth day after, it definitely felt different since I was sore, but I can tell it'll be completely back to normal very soon. So it's very possible you won't have any problems with the strings! I've heard that you can get them trimmed if your partner can't handle it, but you don't want them trimmed too short or they won't be able to curl up and out of the way. Plus they soften over time, so I'd wait until your one month checkup to see if it's still a problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-28-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    So I went in today and they weren't too sure if it was covered by my insurance and told me they would check and I could come back in two weeks xD fff

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've been on three different BC pills, all low-dose and monocyclic.

The first was awesome - clear skin, one and a half cup sizes, stable mood, one day flow, and actual weight loss. Alas, my insurance stopped covering it and it was too expensive.
    The second was horrible - depression, a billion and a half zits, mood changes, horrible cramps, gained almost 20 pounds in just over a month (but lost the cup gain). Naturally, I switched after three cycles.
    The third is okay - some acne problems, slight cup gain, "average" length flow, but stable mood and no weight gain (plus I lost the weight from the previous pill). I'll stick with this until I can afford the first one again.

The point is - if one brand doesn't work, try another. Sometimes it's not the method, but the exact brand... even if one is a generic of the other!

Good luck, though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Empress For This Useful Post:

Cheese (11-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Hey ladies the day has come!

I went in and got ParaGard today, it was quick and it didn't hurt really, it was just uncomfortable. A bit of cramping afterwards but I've had worse cramps on my normal periods so it's not bothersome.

I'll be updating with anything significant. I'm glad I'm worry free for the next 10 years! I come back in a month for them to check my strings but after that I'm good until I decide I want kids. Cheers!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) Insanely jealous of your painless procedure, but super glad it worked out for you! Hope it works great!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (11-15-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Insanely jealous of your painless procedure, but super glad it worked out for you! Hope it works great!
    Thank you! I think I just have a really high pain tolerance xD

I'm not cramping at all now but there's still a little bleeding. My SO said he couldn't feel the strings at all, so I'm happy about that too.

How's mirena working out for you?

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Thank you! I think I just have a really high pain tolerance xD

I'm not cramping at all now but there's still a little bleeding. My SO said he couldn't feel the strings at all, so I'm happy about that too.

How's mirena working out for you?
    Mirena's working good! Occassionally crampy, and the spotting is really frustrating but just hoping to get past it.
    So far no changes in weight/acne/hormonal (except for super hormonal initially when I was taking both BC pills (for 1 week backup contraception) and had the mirena inserted, but that was probably because other shit was going down in life. :/)

Don't feel it during sex at all, and nothing's changed there so I'm pretty pumped. (:

My 1 month checkup is the day before thanksgiving, so I'm just waiting for that before I can go completely unprotected. But that's just me being paranoid, want to make sure it's still working and in place before risking that at all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Mirena's working good! Occassionally crampy, and the spotting is really frustrating but just hoping to get past it.
    So far no changes in weight/acne/hormonal (except for super hormonal initially when I was taking both BC pills (for 1 week backup contraception) and had the mirena inserted, but that was probably because other shit was going down in life. :/)

Don't feel it during sex at all, and nothing's changed there so I'm pretty pumped. (:

My 1 month checkup is the day before thanksgiving, so I'm just waiting for that before I can go completely unprotected. But that's just me being paranoid, want to make sure it's still working and in place before risking that at all.
    Haha better to be safe than sorry! My doc said 24 hours was all I needed to wait so it could just settle. Of course when I told my bf that he was all over me the next day lmao

I'm not in any pain at all just slightly bloated and a light period so I'm really grateful for that. Looking forward to seeing just how great it turns out to be!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Since there's a bc thread up I need help/opinions plssss

I started Levlen ED 3 weeks ago and I'm just sick all the time. if I eat I either throw up or feel so sick I can't see straight for hours after. I've had really bad bloating, my skin is fucked and literally constant spotting the entire time I've been on it so far (sorry if TMI HAHA)

Has anybody else had side effects this bad when first starting a pill? Do I just wait this shit out?

I'm thinking of trying to switch to the mini pill instead :c

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I'm not familiar with bc pills, but you should definitely call your doctor to see if you need to switch. That sounds horrible, I hope you feel better!

Queso Bandito