40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by samsepiol View Post
    Why the FUCK are they communicating this stuff in the discord, an unofficial communication source of all things??

Wait, I didn't realize the pet was getting converted, I assumed it was "just" an art update.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Ok so JN says:

All pets (not just Faerie/Grey/Darigan) will be converted and given equivalent NC items that match their pet so they can still appear in the art they had! For example, any UC coco jubbies will get a replacement item

A relief tbh, sounds like they've put the groundwork in so that all existing UCs get the appropriate item.

I'm thinking it's gonna be about $10 per, enough that they can make a killing but not too much per pet that nobody will buy any if that makes sense. $20 would cut out a lot more of the casual players imo

- - - Updated - - -

Also ngl why haven't they written up an official FAQ to avoid the post AMA question scramble cmon guys
    Last edited by Parrot; 01-17-2024 at 11:41 PM.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-18-2024),Corliss (01-18-2024),Fiore (01-18-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-17-2024),RicoBandito (01-17-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024),♥ Wooloo ♥ (01-18-2024),Zapdos (01-17-2024),Zorua (01-17-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Yes, I agree. I really hope a FAQ page goes live when NC UCs do. Every time they answered a question regarding it, it felt like none of them were on the same page because the actual process isn't written down.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Whats everyones predictions on cost per neopet?

At this point im thinking $10-20

No matter what they do or decide people will be mad. Godspeed. They *have to* make new changes to keep the site alive and profitable. Wasnt it operating at a loss for 10 years?

The aspects of our childhood we took for granted are now subject to capitalism in order to survive. Another irony
    I think $10 is a good price point but I wouldn't be surprised about $20.
    The upcoming purge might drive up pet slot sales as well as people rush to hoard RN/VWN pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I think everything has been said at this point but I want to add my grain of salt to state what was obvious ages ago:

TNT at the end of the day will do whatever they want regardless of the players' opinions and needs, specially if money is on the board. This could have been asked in one of their pools to see what the majority wanted but took a one-sided decision instead.

This went from "Hooray UC's" to an obvious measure to stop the black market that has the community divided. For the average player makes no difference and killing the black market is a positive, while for UC owners that once loved their badly named pets because they had something special to them, now will have to settle with their xXx_love_princess_123_xXx forcibly transformed and a 10$ item.

I don't feel particularly salty about it even if I'm a UC owner, but can't find a reason to feel happy for it either.
    I know no solution is perfect, but I don't think this was the smartest way to handle it.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesedmoga For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024),Clefairy (01-18-2024),kei (01-18-2024),Parrot (01-18-2024),RicoBandito (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    ^ I pretty much feel similar

Even if I did shell out unreasonably amounts of money on my UCs, I don't feel too bad about it because at least I didn't waste 1009s of hours of my life killing myself trading up oft badly named ones on the pound chat l o

And hell yeah I'm excited for my UC Grey Draik/Faerie Hissi!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Charizard (01-18-2024),Corliss (01-18-2024),cregganwhitehare (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    On transferring NCUCs:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rio; 01-18-2024 at 12:27 AM.
    ryu userbar by Lyrichord, art by DankRUSE | mercat userbar by Munna

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Vis (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Honestly, when I first heard the old UCs were being converted, I was a bit shocked...

...but in exchange I get to have an UC Faerie Acara, which was the one UC pet I wanted most, ever, when I was small and had no idea how to make Neopoints and Faerie PBs cost millions and millions of NP. And they're going to ensure that my UCs can still look UC, albeit with a styling update. I bet they adjust the too-bold lines on the Faerie Ixi after all the feedback! The old Ixi had thin black lines. *Slightly* thicker black lines would be good, or just do colored line art like the Kyrii.

I think this is the right long-term choice. Assuming that this is part of a long term plan that sees all the old games restored for High Scores, and maybe bring back things like Habitarium. UCs were always way too difficult to get, it should not take years of intense play for a *chance* of getting the pet you want. I bought UCs because I tried trading and it was just insane, even a decade or so ago. Maybe it got easier because of the black market putting more pets on the market, but when I played I hated the whole game of trading. I had two expensive UCs frozen due to people reporting. So I've spent decent money on UCs, and it feels a bit silly now, but I also got years of happiness out of it, and am happy that others will be able to enjoy that too. I don't regret getting UCs, but I had to go totally off-grid to protect them, and that honestly is when I stopped playing Neopets seriously. It is really exciting to think I can post on the boards again *with UC pets*!

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),Parrot (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-18-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Uma (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    On transferring NCUCs:
    So basically pet reading is gonna become a branch of NC trading. People will start offering NC customs lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corliss View Post
    Honestly, when I first heard the old UCs were being converted, I was a bit shocked...

...but in exchange I get to have an UC Faerie Acara, which was the one UC pet I wanted most, ever, when I was small and had no idea how to make Neopoints and Faerie PBs cost millions and millions of NP. And they're going to ensure that my UCs can still look UC, albeit with a styling update. I bet they adjust the too-bold lines on the Faerie Ixi after all the feedback! The old Ixi had thin black lines. *Slightly* thicker black lines would be good, or just do colored line art like the Kyrii.

I think this is the right long-term choice. Assuming that this is part of a long term plan that sees all the old games restored for High Scores, and maybe bring back things like Habitarium. UCs were always way too difficult to get, it should not take years of intense play for a *chance* of getting the pet you want. I bought UCs because I tried trading and it was just insane, even a decade or so ago. Maybe it got easier because of the black market putting more pets on the market, but when I played I hated the whole game of trading. I had two expensive UCs frozen due to people reporting. So I've spent decent money on UCs, and it feels a bit silly now, but I also got years of happiness out of it, and am happy that others will be able to enjoy that too. I don't regret getting UCs, but I had to go totally off-grid to protect them, and that honestly is when I stopped playing Neopets seriously. It is really exciting to think I can post on the boards again *with UC pets*!
    Honestly being able to post on the boards again is gonna be amazing hahaha

Tbh, speaking as someone with Asperger's who reeees at change as much as the next autistic neopian lmao, in the long run I really do think it's all gonna work out and people will get used to it. They can definitely modify the Ixi in time. The rest of the pets look awesome and super cute. I think they've done a decent job tbh, it's just come as a shock to people. It will be good for the site

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Seems like it's pretty much confirmed not gacha, TNT Fallie said on the discord that it'll be a species specific token eg for a Faerie Pteri - and you don't need to paint the pet first. It just has to be the right species I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

From TNT Fallie -

"Just popping in here to echo Ivy and Fae's sentiments. We are, all three of us, active PCers who also own UCs. And while this change was definitely scary for us too, we know the positives are super strong! From our perspective, as users, our current UCs won't really change! You aren't losing your UCs, more so they're being transfered into an item rather than a pet. Having two seperater UCs with seperate mechanics just isn't feasible, especially when we want to continue the trading capabilities in a consistent way, as well as support accesibility for more UC art."

So yeah, seems like it'll be a reusable species and colour specific token that can be toggled on and off a pet and traded like any other NC item. Tbh this is kinda cool, and will give people with a load of BN trading fodder UCs the chance to have their nice old art pet on a VWN pet. Idk how this isn't anything but a win

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),Corliss (01-18-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    NGL I'm feeling a bit disheartened by all this, wish I'd focused on RW/RN instead of UC, feel like a big portion of time spent on that site was now wasted.
    I get we can now create freely etc, but it just doesn't have good vibes about it

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-18-2024)