23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Retired Avatars/Plots

I know in my case, I've been on Neopets since 2003 and was so young I never did any of the plots because I didn't understand them so I missed out on chances to get plot trophies and avatars. Would you be in favor of an extremely random event giving users the possibility to do retired or old plots and giving users the chance to get older avatars, thus making the game more exciting and giving users more things to do on the site? I think this would make the game more exciting and the chance to get retired avatars would be awesome.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Apparently the Coincidence (the spaceship) did this, or claimed to. I think it should be subtly reflected if you get it from the Coincidence, but still able to happen.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I would be in favor but I know most part of the community wouldn't, specially the old school users who actually got trophies/avatars from old plots and like to feel exclusive using them on the neoboards and around... and actually, that's the kind of people that TNT listens the most (the loyal player base) so they won't do something that could upset them.

Kind of what happened with the coincidence and that the avatar rewards was taken down.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    It should be extremely rare as a reward from the Coincidence quests. It was given out too often initially which caused a small uproar on the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Raposa (08-07-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Yeah people went crazy when the coincidence started giving out free jhuidahs & stamp avatars.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I don't think they should reward old plot avatars by Coincidence, as much as I'd enjoy some of them. Those were intended to be limited and if they were to bring them back it should be somehow through the new plot.
    gr8

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by derpherpherp View Post
    I don't think they should reward old plot avatars by Coincidence, as much as I'd enjoy some of them. Those were intended to be limited and if they were to bring them back it should be somehow through the new plot.
    Rolling off of this, I think it would be cool to have a plot where you go back in time and do retired plots. Two solutions come to mind for giving value to the avatars for people who had them originally:

1. Have the avatars available again through the new plots, but make it so that if you already have the avatar, you get another new avatar based off the same theme.

2. Have the avatars sort-of available again, but in a manner similar to the Pilfered avatars, where you get an avatar that's identical to the original, but with a border of some kind to indicate it's not from the original plot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I don't think they should do anything like that. The avatars are retired for a reason. If they were available again, it would kind of eliminate the point and make them a little less worthwhile for those who actually participated and were around. I think if they were ever to do something like that it would play into the "participation trophy" mindset and I'm definitely not about that.

People should just focus on getting the avatars that are available and being around if there are other plots that come around.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (08-07-2017),genesis (08-07-2017),Raposa (08-07-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    they should do it again, makes people lose their crap, makes the boards more interesting

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    a lot of the plots were time sensitive though, or required multiple people to complete tasks in a certain time frame, so i don't really see how doing old plots just for the avatars would work