Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase restrictions.

23 57.50%
  • Decrease restrictions.

5 12.50%
  • Maintain current restrictions.

8 20.00%
  • Who gives a fuck, it's not my problem.

3 7.50%
  • other

1 2.50%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    Chicago banned guns. It has the highest gun crime rate in America.
    I watch TV, I also happen to have bad teeth. The TV must have caused my bad teeth.
    Chicago is a huge city and surrounding area. And if someone comes into a bank to rob them with a gun, they know none or FEW of the customers in there will have a gun to try and fix the situation. I believe it's the areas BY Chicago who ALLOW guns, who are causing the higher gun crime rate in Chicago, because of the fewer guns in the city.

Legal gun ownership with responsible people does not create a danger zone. I grew up in a house full of guns in a gun-slinging state. My guns have never killed anyone. Just some animals and targets at practice.
    Stop blaming the good guys for the mistakes of the bad ones. It's absolutely infuriating to hear this same stupid argument constantly. Not all of us are crazy, not all of us are evil. But we have a healthy respect for weapons. It might have the capability to kill but it is an amazing piece of work in ingenuity and craftsmanship that I enjoy playing with.
    Saying that is ignoring all the accidents and "mistakes" that the "good guys" have made....... good guys make mistakes too.
    And the sheer AMOUNT of bad guys with guns should be enough to alarm anyone.

"Oh but it was just one mistake... mistakes happen, only one person died"

The DAD killed his own SON....... who cares about the amount of training the dad had or DIDN'T HAVE, the point is he KILLED HIS OWN SON with a GUN...... by accident.

"Oh but that's crazy, that won't happen again, one in a billion chance"

Hah.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrash View Post
    I watch TV, I also happen to have bad teeth. The TV must have caused my bad teeth.
    Chicago is a huge city and surrounding area. And if someone comes into a bank to rob them with a gun, they know none or FEW of the customers in there will have a gun to try and fix the situation. I believe it's the areas BY Chicago who ALLOW guns, who are causing the higher gun crime rate in Chicago, because of the fewer guns in the city.

Saying that is ignoring all the accidents and "mistakes" that the "good guys" have made....... good guys make mistakes too.
    And the sheer AMOUNT of bad guys with guns should be enough to alarm anyone.

"Oh but it was just one mistake... mistakes happen, only one person died"

The DAD killed his own SON....... who cares about the amount of training the dad had or DIDN'T HAVE, the point is he KILLED HIS OWN SON with a GUN...... by accident.

"Oh but that's crazy, that won't happen again, one in a billion chance"

Hah.
    I stabbed my brother with a tooth brush. Your point?

One in a billion chance. Shit happens.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I stabbed my brother with a tooth brush. Your point?

One in a billion chance. Shit happens.
    I think you're so blinded by your love for the shiny metal toy that you don't understand the gravity of it. lol. Sorry.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

I think you're so blinded by your love for the shiny metal toy that you don't understand the gravity of it. lol. Sorry.
    *pets the shiny precious*
    Also, guns aren't toys. It's that type of thinking that causes accidents.

My dad had me recite a PSA as a child so I understood the seriousness of guns and their dangers.

If you find a gun, leave it alone.
    Don't touch it. Tell an adult.

It was an 80s commercial. When I got older, I learned to shoot, clean, and the appropriate times for use. As stated before, my weapons have never killed a person. I take gun ownership very seriously. Punishing us won't stop the bad guys.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    My dad had me recite a PSA as a child so I understood the seriousness of guns and their dangers.

If you find a gun, leave it alone.
    Don't touch it. Tell an adult.
    You're one of the very very lucky ones then. You need to respect what you're doing and that you have a weapon in your hand if you're using it, or even cleaning it. You just can't forget it. And to respect something like that, I really think it needs to be ground into you, because it's a harder thing to learn if you've been desensitized to them, than if your parents told you to be careful of them when you were little.

I had a discussion though with my boyfriend. Currently he can't own a gun in his state because he hasn't been a resident there long enough, but he tells me that once he has the money etc, he'll get a gun and it will be a concealed weapon he carries around with him. I made it clear that if he does that, I just won't trust him. He's had all the gun training in the world, he was a "sharp shooter" and whatever else, but if we're watching a movie in the theater and I know he has a gun on him, I can't just snuggle up to him, because I don't trust people who I know have guns on them. It's just... I dunno. It's where I grew up I guess. People just don't have guns here, like they have in the USA. It's just not needed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

You're one of the very very lucky ones then. You need to respect what you're doing and that you have a weapon in your hand if you're using it, or even cleaning it. You just can't forget it. And to respect something like that, I really think it needs to be ground into you, because it's a harder thing to learn if you've been desensitized to them, than if your parents told you to be careful of them when you were little.

I had a discussion though with my boyfriend. Currently he can't own a gun in his state because he hasn't been a resident there long enough, but he tells me that once he has the money etc, he'll get a gun and it will be a concealed weapon he carries around with him. I made it clear that if he does that, I just won't trust him. He's had all the gun training in the world, he was a "sharp shooter" and whatever else, but if we're watching a movie in the theater and I know he has a gun on him, I can't just snuggle up to him, because I don't trust people who I know have guns on them. It's just... I dunno. It's where I grew up I guess. People just don't have guns here, like they have in the USA. It's just not needed.
    I'm opposite. Gun carriers make me feel better.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm jealous because I have to live for him for the rest of my life u_u sighhh
    We've already agreed that we don't talk about gun laws with each other because we just get in arguments lol. It's ok to talk ABOUT guns "Oh hey that one looks cool", but not more than that. lol

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Pretty interesting mini doc here about gun owners/laws in Florida

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I just find it sad that many Americans live in such fear that they need guns to feel safe. =[
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestial For This Useful Post:

moonrash (02-07-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I just find it sad that many Americans live in such fear that they need guns to feel safe. =[
    Not fear. Just cautious. If I went to any big city it's the same as carrying mace. Kind of like grabbing my cell phone in the event I need to make a phone call.

Crazy person shows up at Walmart and starts shooting, I'm shooting back. More than likely with much better aim.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Not fear. Just cautious. If I went to any big city it's the same as carrying mace. Kind of like grabbing my cell phone in the event I need to make a phone call.

Crazy person shows up at Walmart and starts shooting, I'm shooting back. More than likely with much better aim.
    I've never even seen a can of mace other than on American tv.

I guess it's just nice living in a place where as a precaution you make sure your wallet is placed deeply in your pocket.

I'd have to really go looking to find any trouble, and I live in the bad part of the city. =]
    If my post helped please send $2,000,000 via PayPal!