41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m

Need new music sites

Hey guys, Im updating my music collection and I have been out of the loop for awhile. I used like media, and billboard.com mostly to find music but I know there are better/easier to use sites. So this is what I am looking for:

1) Site which shows upcoming and/or new music when released. I hate being the last to hear about cool stuff. Makes me sad.

2) Site with techo/dubstep/EDM/electro remixes and just top songs in general.

3) Recommend me swingstep songs. I've been into the whole screamo/techno/dubstep/electro remixes.

+rep for answers which I find useful, and keep it on topic Thank ya.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    You could try beatport for techno/dubstep/EDM stuff, it'll tell you what's been recently released and has a Top 10 songs and stuff like that. And you can sort through all the music by genre which is nice!

Pitchfork is nice for finding music too, they'll tell you when bands announce tours and release music and there's reviews and they have a Best New Music section which is cool.
    Last edited by Jules; 10-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules For This Useful Post:

Bettser (10-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaxo View Post
    You could try beatport for techno/dubstep/EDM stuff, it'll tell you what's been recently released and has a Top 10 songs and stuff like that. And you can sort through all the music by genre which is nice!

Pitchfork is nice for finding music too, they'll tell you when bands announce tours and release music and there's reviews and they have a Best New Music section which is cool.
    Thanks Ill check em out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Thanks Ill check em out
    You're welcome, hope they work for you (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I use last.fm
    Download the scrobbler, it collects what you're listening 2, and suggests new music according to the shit you've listened, and gives a cool output with everything you listened.
    Also has the most listened tracks/artists etc of people.
    Easy to use, free, and gave me quite some new music to listen 2

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I don't know if you've tried grooveshark already but I think that It's a really cool site. They have lots of songs, list of latest and most popular, channels, and you can even create your own playlist. Plus, it only consumes a small part of your bandwidth, so if you are in a place that has limited internet quota like for example an office, it will only take less an hour, and that's already been playing for about 2 hours or so already. Also, it's free

Been using it for months now.
    Although, there are times in which some of their songs wouldn't just play, or gets corrupted or something in the middle of playing it. It happens rarely tho. If that doesnt tick you off, should be a good thing for you

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    My clraik friends, may I just recommend a small program
    (you need an account to see links)
    If you haven't used this program you haven't lived. But it lets you download songs straight from Pandora + unlimited skips. It's also got unlimited skips on other stuff. I've only tried it on 8tracks and Pandora so far, but the unlimited skips plugins are super duper useful. Then I just use a web debugger to grab the URLs of the songs from sproxy and download them as I listen.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hypem.com is great for remixes. If you are looking for more remixes let me know, I have plenty of sites!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stacy For This Useful Post:

monzter (11-03-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    12d 14h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Bandcamp is amazing. You can stream the music and buy it. A ton of indie bands/labels are on there and all sorts of genres. When you buy it you are supporting the artist/label directly, which is awesome because I bought an EP from one of my favorite musicians and the money was sent to him directly. (He replied to the PayPal email notification which redirected to my email with a thank you and it made my day.)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    for #1, try (you need an account to see links) or (you need an account to see links) cos they both show you the freshest music (from only those genres ofc but still helpful nonetheless) and theres many discussions and announcements for albums and all

also try (you need an account to see links) for a ton of mixtapes, idk how deeply immersed you are in rap but theres a lot of new upcoming artists on there

as for techno/edm/dubstep stuff, try soundcloud. SOOO MUCH content there. its tough to find the better guys but once you do, it's amazing

gl kevin g

edit: for #3, check out parov stelar, the dude makes the catchiest fucking stuff ever, three of my favs from him are "chambermaid swing", "catgroove", and "libella swing". not sure how close that fits to your question but he's still a great artist
    Last edited by Raj; 01-05-2014 at 08:07 PM.