40/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    8d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The supported programs have countermeasures that can be deployed if needed, and the scripts are constrained to however many browser windows you're able to open up without getting yourself frozen. To say nothing of the built-in limitations for the Super Shop Wizard that would stop you in your tracks after enough searches. What you're asking for has no kind of limitation, and the most obvious use for it would be the very thing that we've been vocal about not wanting to support: price gouging. Making allusions to all programs and scripts being inherently "evil" is a move straight out of the so-called legitimate player's handbook, and it's simply not true. A mass buying tool that runs on lists and disrupts the market value for items, on the other hand, is not objectively an experience enhancer for anybody but the beneficiary. It will undoubtedly be used for "evil", and that's not something we want to support.
    I may reading your post wrong, but I certainly did not say or imply that using scripts or bots are inherently evil, and I now am
    feeling a little bit defensive by your characterization of my honestly innocent request. I was simple asking for clarification surrounding the logic that “ a feature can/would be used for bad so we do not allow it” when other things have just as much potential.

I also find it a little bit misleading to say that the most obvious use is price gouging, when, I (the one who asked for a buying feature) did not even consider that. I actually listed my intended purpose and what I believed the most obvious case to be (buying books and codestones) when I requested the feature.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StringsOfDeath For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 13h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links)

Made it!
    (you need an account to see links)

Also added something to preview listings with commas so that it's harder to miss a zero!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023),Buizel (12-04-2023),DarkSkies (12-05-2023),j03 (12-04-2023),Serebii (12-04-2023),Shawn (12-04-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by StringsOfDeath View Post
    I may reading your post wrong, but I certainly did not say or imply that using scripts or bots are inherently evil, and I now am
    feeling a little bit defensive by your characterization of my honestly innocent request. I was simple asking for clarification surrounding the logic that “ a feature can/would be used for bad so we do not allow it” when other things have just as much potential.
    I'm not questioning the intent behind your request, but we wouldn't be building this for you exclusively, and anybody else with the inclination to misuse this functionality in the ways we've previously discussed would cause grief for the rest of us. We have to bear that in mind when choosing whether or not to build things for mass public use. We're not talking about building "other things" - we're addressing the specific request you made, and the potential repercussions of honoring it. Arguing in broad strokes about the potential misuse of every tool just because we won't build this one is in bad faith. All of the communities are currently suffering through price gouging brought about by misused automation, and it's not something that we're willing to contribute to.

I also find it a little bit misleading to say that the most obvious use is price gouging, when, I (the one who asked for a buying feature) did not even consider that. I actually listed my intended purpose and what I believed the most obvious case to be (buying books and codestones) when I requested the feature.
    This conversation started with a request that we answered with a "no" and an explanation as to why. If you didn't read that explanation, seek out supporting or refuting evidence, and are still trying to claim that you don't know any better, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. You've been brought up to speed over the course of this conversation, and you've had time to gain additional information since our initial reply. Your request was innocuous, but I feel like my reply was as well. I don't feel that either of us has been combative, so we can leave it at that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I prefer the economy not get worse than it already is. And I prefer the accusations of us price manipulating to stay a minimum because we just aren't for that around here. I'm with Joe and Bat on this.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    8d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm not questioning the intent behind your request, but we wouldn't be building this for you exclusively, and anybody else with the inclination to misuse this functionality in the ways we've previously discussed would cause grief for the rest of us. We have to bear that in mind when choosing whether or not to build things for mass public use. We're not talking about building "other things" - we're addressing the specific request you made, and the potential repercussions of honoring it. Arguing in broad strokes about the potential misuse of every tool just because we won't build this one is in bad faith. All of the communities are currently suffering through price gouging brought about by misused automation, and it's not something that we're willing to contribute to.

This conversation started with a request that we answered with a "no" and an explanation as to why. If you didn't read that explanation, seek out supporting or refuting evidence, and are still trying to claim that you don't know any better, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. You've been brought up to speed over the course of this conversation, and you've had time to gain additional information since our initial reply. Your request was innocuous, but I feel like my reply was as well. I don't feel that either of us has been combative, so we can leave it at that.

Of course I understand those reasons and I’m not asking for someone to be added specifically/exclusively for me. Totally am with you on that.

In regards to the defensiveness thing, you said there is “only one obvious” use and you also said there is OBJECTIVELY no enhancement. I am a subject who thought it would be enhancing to my gameplay and I also truly didn’t consider that “only obvious use case” so I don’t see how you can make such “objective” assertions and not expect someone to feel some type of way.

I am fine, though, with a book/stamp/codestone buyer not being a feature. No big deal…I do understand the clraik community position and I’m not even trying to change anyone’s mind. This is the last you’ll hear from me about it.

At this point I just am feeling extremely misunderstood for something that was truly an innocent and logical request for clarification. To say something that was in my own brain is “objectively” untrue just makes me feel incredibly invalidated and somewhat attacked but I guess it’s just the internet and I must be reading your words the wrong way. Thanks for all your hard work

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StringsOfDeath For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Of course I understand those reasons and I’m not asking for someone to be added specifically/exclusively for me. Totally am with you on that.

In regards to the defensiveness thing, you said there is “only one obvious” use and you also said there is OBJECTIVELY no enhancement. I am a subject who thought it would be enhancing to my gameplay and I also truly didn’t consider that “only obvious use case” so I don’t see how you can make such “objective” assertions and not expect someone to feel some type of way.

I am fine, though, with a book/stamp/codestone buyer not being a feature. No big deal…I do understand the clraik community position and I’m not even trying to change anyone’s mind. This is the last you’ll hear from me about it.

At this point I just am feeling extremely misunderstood for something that was truly an innocent and logical request for clarification. To say something that was in my own brain is “objectively” untrue just makes me feel incredibly invalidated and somewhat attacked but I guess it’s just the internet and I must be reading your words the wrong way. Thanks for all your hard work
    I feel like we're having two different conversations right now.

I never said that there was "only one obvious" use - I said that the most obvious use was for reasons we do not approve of, and the comment about the buyer being objectively useful to its beneficiary was a remark about how much other people have grown to hate the selfish mindset behind mass automation servicing greedy individuals who just want to screw everyone else over for their personal benefit. I'm getting the impression that you think these were comments about you specifically, but they weren't. I don't know you, Strings, and I wouldn't presume your intentions were nefarious without prior experience. This discussion has been about the unpredictability of other people, and the precautions we're taking to preserve the game in small ways. This isn't personal.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023),Buizel (12-04-2023),StringsOfDeath (12-04-2023),Synth Salazzle (12-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    13d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    @(you need an account to see links) It's worth noting that you can technically use SSW Sniper to buy your book list, like what I've been doing (once it's back up, that is). It's not quite meant for that, but if you just want to buy the books and don't care about them being cheap, you can set the price to the max to ensure the sniper will definitely find your book for you.

Though, the sniper will buy 2 of each item on the list even if you set "amount of searches per item" to 1 and uncheck "Buy if there are more than one in stock), since, again, it's not intended to be used that way.

ANYWAY. Getting back on topic of requesting features, +1 to a Plushie Tycoon player please? I know there's an easy way to do it manually, but it would be nice to be able to have one anyway

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junellie For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023),StringsOfDeath (12-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Junellie View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) It's worth noting that you can technically use SSW Sniper to buy your book list, like what I've been doing (once it's back up, that is). It's not quite meant for that, but if you just want to buy the books and don't care about them being cheap, you can set the price to the max to ensure the sniper will definitely find your book for you.

Though, the sniper will buy 2 of each item on the list even if you set "amount of searches per item" to 1 and uncheck "Buy if there are more than one in stock), since, again, it's not intended to be used that way.

ANYWAY. Getting back on topic of requesting features, +1 to a Plushie Tycoon player please? I know there's an easy way to do it manually, but it would be nice to be able to have one anyway
    Set "amount of searches per item" to 0 so it'll just buy 1 of each. It's a coding thing where the first number is 0.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annoy For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023),j03 (12-04-2023),Junellie (12-04-2023),StringsOfDeath (12-04-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 8h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Regarding plushie tycoon, I found a 2019 post over it when I searched the thread:

Originally Posted by pooglemix - A Plushie Tycoon player would be awesome. I believe this was part of Stealth Core but was removed?

Joe: It was removed because it required the user to run the bot at certain times of the day for a month and it was not very user-friendly. Maybe a better solution will exist someday... The same bot is available by @Coolguy (who actually made it) so you can download their external bot to run and play the game if you want.
    I'm not sure if that still applies, but it may be why we may not have one. I also did find a guide over it in another post though:

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023),Junellie (12-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    13d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    Quote Originally Posted by annoy View Post
    Set "amount of searches per item" to 0 so it'll just buy 1 of each. It's a coding thing where the first number is 0.
    Thank you so much! I was trying to figure that out

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Junellie For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-23-2023)

Page 151 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast