30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    I don't think it's very cool for people who were trading up through UCs and spent years to get their BN trading fodder, only to have it be made completely useless to trade in one move. Or people who were hoping to get to RW/RN or nice BD pets with their UC trading fodder, which now can't be traded for other pets. I can understand why they're doing it for simplicity and to try to screw as much money out of people as possible, but it's going to kill enjoyment for a lot of people who liked UC trading and knock so many people back to square one on their trade chains.

And the people yelling about how UC owners are greedy elites who just want status pets - when I see an account full of obviously loved UCs, I think about either the time and work it took people to get those pets, or how they must have been around a long time. And yes, in some cases I think they probably bought the pets.

Now when I see an account full of beautiful UC pets it will tell me this is someone who probably spent $200 minimum in the NC mall, and that's it. It's not going to be less of a status symbol, just more of a directly financial one. If they were going to change all pets, it should have been free, imo. I thought the NC UC option was for people who didn't want to trade - and giving people another option was great - but they're really showing a lack of care for the people who did trade and helped keep the site alive with their investment in their pets.

At the very least when they decided that this is the way they were going they should have been much more transparent much earlier, told us what they were doing, what the exact cost for NCUC would be and given us a good amount of time to complete trading chains etc. It's the lack of transparency, and directly telling us regular UCs wouldn't be affected and would still retain trading value that really sours this.

I do genuinely like a lot of what new TNT is doing to make pets and items accessible on the site, but literally every time they manage to handle it in a way that leaves it feeling bitter. If they could manage to be open with their playerbase and take proper feedback this would stop happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Having been through previous purges, the pets that will be most devalued by a regular purge are the mid level pets that lots of players have. The elite names people actually want will still belong to a small pool of people and the new elite names will largely be traded among them. But it does still mean more people can hopefully trade for names they really like. I hope if they purge they can do it differently to the way they've done it before so there's some kind of more random chance for people to get names and less staying up to 3am waiting for a certain name to purge and that you beat the bots to snagging it.
    In my opinion, part of it comes down to the HAVES vs the HAVE NOTS. I’m sure if anybody putting down people mad about this situation had an account loaded with nice UCs, they’d be mad themselves. At the same time, it’s funny how many people who had no issue or were happy with TNT mass releasing old rare items are now mad that TNT is going after pets. I posted many times how after TNT killed item value they’d be coming after other things and now we have seen it. I am just waiting for them to open sales up and let people buy trophies/avatars or even just straight up buy snaps onsite from them and completely kill things.

The way they are rolling out UCs is going to completely shake up the game, not in a good way. Their main player base are currently folks who have been around for YEARS. The amount of new players coming in is likely extremely low. The only thing I see this doing is pushing those old players to take a step back. Why would anybody shell out money in a game where things could change so drastically with very little thought towards the player base? What else do they have in the pipeline that will break the game? I don’t think we can have much confidence in their ability to manage the site when they do things like this. It makes it way too obvious they are doing it only in hopes of people buying up tons of NCUC tokens. It’s a real shame.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Garchomp (01-18-2024),glittery (01-18-2024),Ice (01-23-2024),Mangle (01-18-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-18-2024),Pepper-Mint (01-18-2024),Ridley (01-18-2024),rina (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I won’t lie, I’m going to do everything in my power to scalp as many names as I possibly can lol
    At least you're honest? Still kinda scummy IMO.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),Skellington (01-20-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 18h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Scalping names is probably the only smart play for the foreseeable future. Not because TNT wouldn't destroy that, but because ruining unique pet names requires more coding ability than they can ever muster.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),Tapir (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Again, anybody who can do it, will do it. Maybe they just won't say that they are doing it. There are people right now who target names and go after names MUCH harder than I do. A few people who even claim to be "legit" onsite, I have seen them magically have pets on their accounts that were on long long ago accounts that they got from support somehow. I won't say names because I don't believe in publicly outing anybody like that.... but it's happening, right now. The smartest move you can do is to cash in on it while possible and go from there. How do you think the PC has been kept so active over the years with new UCs coming around? It's not from old players coming back and bringing their UCs with them - it's because people like those of us here on ck getting access to those pets, selling them, and them in turn making their way to the PC. I could list off hundreds of pets that float around the PC over the years that were once in my possession. If you see a capped 6L pet floating around anywhere, the chances that it was mine at one point are pretty high. If TNT is changing the rules then we have to change the way we play the game from an illegit side of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Scalping names is probably the only smart play for the foreseeable future. Not because TNT wouldn't destroy that, but because ruining unique pet names requires more coding ability than they can ever muster.
    That's my point exactly. It's the smartest play you can make right now after seeing how they are treating UCs. Names will likely be more valuable moving forward. I'm not sure what will TRADE for them because NCUCs will be a thing and nobody will want to trade their nice name for a crappy UC. So I'm sure the black market for names will explode with demand in the near future.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),Tapir (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 17m
    Something that just occurred to me as I have been trying to parse my feelings on everything- is this process the reason TNT started converting pets to return them to people and regain account access? They were eradicating UCs as they go to lower the volume of pets being auto-converted and having to be gifted the Studio Supplies item free of charge?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    wow this is an amazing guide to whats going on thanks for the work up

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Again, anybody who can do it, will do it. Maybe they just won't say that they are doing it. There are people right now who target names and go after names MUCH harder than I do. A few people who even claim to be "legit" onsite, I have seen them magically have pets on their accounts that were on long long ago accounts that they got from support somehow. I won't say names because I don't believe in publicly outing anybody like that.... but it's happening, right now. The smartest move you can do is to cash in on it while possible and go from there. How do you think the PC has been kept so active over the years with new UCs coming around? It's not from old players coming back and bringing their UCs with them - it's because people like those of us here on ck getting access to those pets, selling them, and them in turn making their way to the PC. I could list off hundreds of pets that float around the PC over the years that were once in my possession. If you see a capped 6L pet floating around anywhere, the chances that it was mine at one point are pretty high. If TNT is changing the rules then we have to change the way we play the game from an illegit side of things.
    I get what you mean, and I'm not saying every single legit (or legit appearing) player should be able to freely try and get every common word or name. I'd just like the legit players to have a chance with a few of them without having to shell out big money before they get permied by someone else buying them. I can't talk too much since I cheat, I suppose. But as long as they have some sort of a shot with them circulating into the boards, then that isn't as bad.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I get what you mean, and I'm not saying every single legit (or legit appearing) player should be able to freely try and get every common word or name. I'd just like the legit players to have a chance with a few of them without having to shell out big money before they get permied by someone else buying them. I can't talk too much since I cheat, I suppose. But as long as they have some sort of a shot with them circulating into the boards, then that isn't as bad.
    That's fair. I guess I look at it from a jaded point of view. I just took a quick run through and counted up all the UCs I have and the number I landed on was 489 while just digging through my logs from the past few months alone. So I'm a little salty that not only did TNT kill a ton of my value on the old and rare items that I had sitting around, but now they are killing the value on alllllll the UC pets that I had been collecting and working on putting together. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even feel bad about scalping names just because the playerbase has had so much simply handed to the lately that I don't mind scooping up names and making them have to look elsewhere to buy what they are after lol. I'm sure there will be some cool names that are on frozen accounts that wind up back in circulation though!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    37d 15h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 55m
    That's fair. I guess I look at it from a jaded point of view. I just took a quick run through and counted up all the UCs I have and the number I landed on was 489 while just digging through my logs from the past few months alone. So I'm a little salty that not only did TNT kill a ton of my value on the old and rare items that I had sitting around, but now they are killing the value on alllllll the UC pets that I had been collecting and working on putting together. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even feel bad about scalping names just because the playerbase has had so much simply handed to the lately that I don't mind scooping up names and making them have to look elsewhere to buy what they are after lol. I'm sure there will be some cool names that are on frozen accounts that wind up back in circulation though!
    I don't mean to pry, I understand everyone has job's including myself but how do you end up all these years with 489, when did you actually plan on selling them? You're clearly smart, you said TNT may come for pets next but perhaps you could and should have cashed out on the pets earlier.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billions For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by billions View Post
    I don't mean to pry, I understand everyone has job's including myself but how do you end up all these years with 489, when did you actually plan on selling them? You're clearly smart, you said TNT may come for pets next but perhaps you could and should have cashed out on the pets earlier.
    Man back in the hay day I had thousands of UC pets, so my stock is considerably lower than it used to be. The short answer is... not enough time, and too much to do. I don't have the time to secure all of them and list them up. Plus, I find the hunt for them to be more fun than the actual selling of them. I typically just listed the highlights and most sought after pets to sell, the rest are just sitting around right now waiting for me to do something with them
    I'd probably work on selling them once I had time to do so. I was planning to, later on, put like 4 UCs on accounts and sell them as bulk/bundle kind of deals. But I was just stocking up and seeing what I could find right now.

Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast