22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    Not quite sure what you're referring to about the loudest being most ignorant.
    Yes, both men and women can be objectified by the opposite party - but it still doesn't change the fact that breastfeeding women still often have to deal with rude remarks because a woman baring a nipple is somehow infinitely worse than a man bearing his, and that a woman baring a nipple can be arrested because it is illegal due to the sexualization of that part of their body.

I'd say it's less than fair for a woman to be judged by their looks during a campaign because she is there to intellectually prove why she is capable of representing her state (or, indeed, her country) and not to make a fashion statement. It's often the media that chooses to emphasize the way they dress as well, which still reflects how some of society still tends to think of women. It's not like Hillary Clinton put on slinky dresses to attract male voters, if that's what you're implying, heh.
    I absolutely agree with you on the politicians point. I honestly don't follow american politics seriously, unless its near the presidential debate, but you're absolutely right. And if Hilary Clinton decides to go for 2016, I fully support her because I'm assuming the republicans will pull up another person as asinine as Romney (even though Obama is REALLY fucking up with this whole Prism scandal). And I do agree that ideas should be the main focus. However, clothes do matter in a sense for both genders, they display a message, but you're right, they shouldn't affect one more than the other.

As for the nipple thing, I do agree it is an odd sort of thing. Society decided to draw the line for women at nipple & groin, but men only at groin. It's very peculiar and I wonder on the history of it, as it seems relatively new (ancient rome, greece, egypt all had numerous examples of art that showed topless and indeed clothless women and men). At any rate, that law is stupid, but so is the law that peeing in public EVEN if if it's 5 am in night, and nobody sees but the one cop, they can be labelled a sexual deviant by the law for a very long time, and they in fact go on a list similar to what pedos go onto. However, I can't really comment on that issue as I've never been in such a situation. However, imagining myself in it does give you a good point, because I would feel awkward, because it seems like a private thing. I wouldn't be rude about it, just feel weird and try and not look .

As for the loudest are the most ignorant: look at religion for example. West Baptist Church is loud as all hell, and yet they don't stand for the same thing that ANYBODY in the world does. The people who spew hate for gay people, you always hear them, and it's only relatively new that you're hearing the other side become louder. Things like that. The loudest give the whole a bad name because of misinformed beliefs.

@(you need an account to see links) Don't feel like anybody is offended by you believing something. I;m an atheist, and I could care less. As long as you're belief leaves the world a better place than before, then good on ya. Just make sure that you don't pressure other people into you're beliefs, as that IS what causes offence.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder For This Useful Post:

Whispers (06-25-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
    There's no need to apologize at all for believing in what you do, no one should ask you to change I'm not a Christian, but like I said earlier in this thread I'd never judge someone for having faith in something. If you feel like it is Jesus who guides you positively through life then that's great, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Thank You I do appreciate it greatly, for me you may still classify this as a belief but I know that Jesus is guiding me through life, and just from trying to walk in his footstep for this short time have I seen the great works he has been doing in my life, things that I could have never planned things that fall into place so perfectly that there is no way it was just by fate. For me I know I m not of this world and I know Im going to be judged but I dont want my actions to be the reason why people dont believe or even give it a shot

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Don't feel like anybody is offended by you believing something. I;m an atheist, and I could care less. As long as you're belief leaves the world a better place than before, then good on ya. Just make sure that you don't pressure other people into you're beliefs, as that IS what causes offence.
    My life is not about pressure, its just so frustrating from a humanly standpoint when people dont give it a shot, and kinda twist things around so they look the wrong way, and I kinda feel that often times when people feel pressured they are taking something the wrong way, that is not to say that people are not doing it the wrong way because of the fact that there honestly are people who do it wrong and give Jesus and Christianity the wrong look in life because we are people and we sin, my self especially cant even come fathom ably close to doing a justice to what Jesus and God actually are

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    111 times
    Time Online
    22d 9h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I think we agree on this matter, we may just disagree on how it should be handled.

My personal opinion is that, just as you said yourself, these men are looked down on for acting "feminine", acting "weaker". What does that say about women? That women aren't as strong as men; emotionally, physically, mentally etc.
    I personally feel, that a lot of the reason why this perception hasn't changed, is because of these laws that are supposedly there to help women, what these laws are actually saying, is that women aren't as strong as men and therefore we need these extra rights. But that's just the thing, I don't need to extra rights, I don't need some law to hold my hand, I can take care of myself, thank you very much!

As I said before, there are still issues of sexism with both genders, the problem is that we can't take care of one without taking care of the other. We can try to improve sexism with women, but it wont really succeed if we don't improve sexism with men. And we certainly can't just make laws, that make it easier for women and harder for men, we haven't accomplished anything with that! Now this is not to say that affirmative action isn't needed in some regions of the world, it definitely is! There are places where women are still treated like slaves! We just need to remember that, those places aren't in the western world and therefore the same actions needed over there, isn't needed over here!

In terms of the sexualization of women's bodies, I will definitely agree with you! It's horrible and the worst part is, that this sexism isn't just coming from men, it is actually women as well!? I would love to not were a bra on a hot summer day, without getting judged!

Actually I would just like my breasts not to be judged all the freaking time! I know I have big breasts, would you please stop staring at them?! Seriously, I have gotten so much judgement because of my breasts, by not only creepy perverted men, but also by stuck up, jealous and hypocritical women, that I have seriously thought about getting a reduction so many times!
    I mean, I would like to be able to wear a sexy dress every now and then, or a low cut shirt, without having to be afraid of judgement.
    Quite honestly, it's mostly because of women, that I feel so judged. I mean men look and that's okay, hey I don't feel offended by a compliment I mostly feel offended by the men who just keep staring, for like an hour (that's creepy!). But women can be so mean, if I wear something low cut, I just keep getting judged and it's so hypocritical. I mean, I'm sorry, but weren't you the one, who wore such a low cut dress, it went all the way down to your belly button?! And now, I should be looked down on, just because I actually have breasts and I am showing just a little bit of cleavage?!

I think the reason women can be so caddy and mean towards one another, is because of the fact, that we have been made to think, that we need to compete against each other and I really wish we could just realize that we don't need to do that, we need to support and encourage each other!

This is all very sexist and it's things that we need to try to improve, I just don't feel that the way to improve it, is by making special laws/rights/privileges for women, that's all. So we definitely agree on the matter of equality, we just disagree on how it should be done, I guess

Sorry for keep going off topic! I want to say though, that I absolutely love this forum, I love that there are so many intelligent people giving their opinions on these matters and even if I don't agree with you, I still applaud you for giving your opinions! I love that we can have these discussions without turning it personal (which I actually feel most politicians fail to do).

(And I am also so sorry, if somebody who is transgender, hermaphrodite or gay reads this and thinks that I only care about these two "traditional" genders or that I don't know that there are people out there who have different struggles in terms of sexism. I do know that and I will fight your right to be treated equally as well!)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

Re: Do you guys believe in God?

I do believe in God, but im Hindu. In the minority here ^_|

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm not entirely sure and it doesn't really affect me, I prefer to consider myself apathiest!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    My life is not about pressure, its just so frustrating from a humanly standpoint when people dont give it a shot, and kinda twist things around so they look the wrong way, and I kinda feel that often times when people feel pressured they are taking something the wrong way, that is not to say that people are not doing it the wrong way because of the fact that there honestly are people who do it wrong and give Jesus and Christianity the wrong look in life because we are people and we sin, my self especially cant even come fathom ably close to doing a justice to what Jesus and God actually are
    I don't completely understand this, but in my humble opinion, I believe living a good life during our short period on this earth, whether there is a god or not, is good enough for now. If there is a god, then let him judge after death, but I'm not going to worry about that now. Different strokes for different folks though, you keep going if it makes you happy, because after all, isn't that what truly matters?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    13h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No, but I believe as long as someone believes in something it is true. I prefer to follow my own path which is Green Wiccan

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    No, I'm an athiest. Simply put, I believe that the only reason anything is given supernatural reasoning is that it hasn't yet been explained by science.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    No, I'm an athiest. Simply put, I believe that the only reason anything is given supernatural reasoning is that it hasn't yet been explained by science.

I see you have an opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post