160/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    206d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Quote Originally Posted by flytenyte View Post
    Yeah but who is going to do the art now? Like we can come up with lots of logical reasons "why" they laid people off. But the point is, what now? If they laid off all the combo artists/programmers/whatever, there won't be news anymore lol. The site is done when there is no more content. They don't need 25 people to run the servers (possibly!) but they need more than 1 guy making new items..
    they could probably do something similar to what nexon does with maplestory (for lack of a better example, because it's the only other game that i play) but like.. every 2 weeks they release a couple of new items. and they constantly rerelease old items, but make them harder to obtain by having a thing similar to a mystery capsule. idk.. i never understood how they were able to release a brand new nc item every day and keep making new np stuff up every day.. seems excessive and unnecessary. I'm sure people would be fine and have something to look forward to if they just cut it down to something like a few new things every few weeks. maybe the quality and creativity of the new items would improve as well.

✧・゚: *✧ (you need an account to see links) ✧*:・゚✧

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by flytenyte View Post
    Yeah but who is going to do the art now? Like we can come up with lots of logical reasons "why" they laid people off. But the point is, what now? If they laid off all the combo artists/programmers/whatever, there won't be news anymore lol. The site is done when there is no more content. They don't need 25 people to run the servers (possibly!) but they need more than 1 guy making new items..
    Finally someone with common sense. The news updates this week will speak for themselves. We just need to have some patience.

Honestly, I would be totally okay with it if this abomination of a site was euthanized. It's needlessly frustrating thousands of people every day who visit the site purely out of nostalgia (including me) so everyone can go and find some other hobbies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    they could probably do something similar to what nexon does with maplestory (for lack of a better example, because it's the only other game that i play) but like.. every 2 weeks they release a couple of new items. and they constantly rerelease old items, but make them harder to obtain by having a thing similar to a mystery capsule. idk.. i never understood how they were able to release a brand new nc item every day and keep making new np stuff up every day.. seems excessive and unnecessary. I'm sure people would be fine and have something to look forward to if they just cut it down to something like a few new things every few weeks. maybe the quality and creativity of the new items would improve as well.
    If they were to add new items every 2 weeks, we wouldn't have had the amount of options in RS to be restocked like we have today. Although I agree that updating every other day is unrealistic to be maintained.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think the content we can go without until the site is fixed. Makes more sense that way.
    Besides half the time people complained about the new content

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (03-09-2015),Sakuras (03-09-2015),Spoildlittleme (03-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    36d 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Honestly, Jumpstart has a sizeable art and design department already. If your content crew is just content (not DBA's, network admins, and customer service as well), you don't need many people to keep the site moving forward. I imagine it will be brought under whichever group is doing the mobile apps \ NC items.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teslagirl For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (03-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @l2eap I am sure we can agree that there is nothing in the world that hasn't been complained about. We humans are a machine of complaints

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Agrippa For This Useful Post:

|2eap (03-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    260/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    47d 2h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I think the content we can go without until the site is fixed. Makes more sense that way.
    Besides half the time people complained about the new content
    This is very understandable! Why bother going to a site that needs fixing? If they fix majority of it most people will visit but if there are more issues not many people will get there!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by teslagirl View Post
    Honestly, Jumpstart has a sizeable art and design department already. If your content crew is just content (not DBA's, network admins, and customer service as well), you don't need many people to keep the site moving forward. I imagine it will be brought under whichever group is doing the mobile apps \ NC items.
    I agree, plus luckly the art style of Neopets is pretty easy to emulate, specially for professional digital illustrators... is just a walk on the park.
    I recently got the portfolio of a member of tnt's art department on 2008-2010 ((you need an account to see links)) is amazing to see how someone's style can change so much depending on the request.

Either way, nobody is indispensable. There's always people as quallified or better quallified than you around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (03-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I agree, plus luckly the art style of Neopets is pretty easy to emulate, specially for professional digital illustrators... is just a walk on the park.
    I recently got the portfolio of a member of tnt's art department on 2008-2010 ((you need an account to see links)) is amazing to see how someone's style can change so much depending on the request.

Either way, nobody is indispensable. There's always people as quallified or better quallified than you around.
    Depends on your line of work and specialization. There is a reason why some wars have been won only because of the leader behind the army. Hannibal Barca is a name that comes to mind.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

ii would buy this

from that person portfolio

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    @l2eap I am sure we can agree that there is nothing in the world that hasn't been complained about. We humans are a machine of complaints
    Haha it's just funny, because like people will complain just to complain. Even if it contradicts their last complaint haha i just don't get it sometimes. It's like were fight for something, then completely forget what were fighting for then we start fighting for the exact opposite.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (03-09-2015)