10/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLargeOne View Post
    Wait, so one person's been doing everything, and Neopets doesn't have a backup plan, even though they knew she was pregnant? Maybe Neopets really is actually starting to shut down, after all these years.

And what was that about Keyquest being shut down? Maybe that's why it hasn't worked for me in the past few years.
    They are massively under-occupied if even a simple task can't be replaced. I think we'll see this much more frequently the coming time on other parts of the site.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    They are massively under-occupied if even a simple task can't be replaced. I think we'll see this much more frequently the coming time on other parts of the site.
    Is it time to move to a different game? O_O

but... but... but... I like Neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    This folks is a valuable learning lesson as why employers hate hiring women of reproductive age

Not saying anything against her, but just note asides, pregnant women can cause serious disruptions in the workplace especially in a small company

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    This folks is a valuable learning lesson as why employers hate hiring women of reproductive age

Not saying anything against her, but just note asides, pregnant women can cause serious disruptions in the workplace especially in a small company
    This seems really sexist and rude, that's basically saying you shouldn't hire women to work because they can have kids?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elf For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (03-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    This seems really sexist and rude, that's basically saying you shouldn't hire women to work because they can have kids?
    I was not saying anything personally about this situation, I was just pointing out a part of the reason why there is a gender/wage gap in the work place.

It is sexist and rude but it is capitalism. This is the society you live in, I am assuming by your avatar/signature you are of a capitalist nation. Labor is a big chunk of an employers costs, and this is why they would prefer not to hire young, fertile women. Think about it. An employer would prefer to pay you pennies for your work, or even nothing at all. They would obviously prefer not to hire a women who has a higher risk of extra costs then a man

The reasons are right in this thread

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    ummmmmm wat
    i love luna

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

Elf (03-02-2015),Jessica (03-03-2015),Sakuras (03-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLargeOne View Post
    Is it time to move to a different game? O_O

but... but... but... I like Neopets.
    Yeah, look at the News updates, you can practically take the length per update as a measure of TNT's activity over the years. It's really saddening when you browse back to the news in the golden years 2003 - 2008.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Virex For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (03-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    Yeah, look at the News updates, you can practically take the length per update as a measure of TNT's activity over the years. It's really saddening when you browse back to the news in the golden years 2003 - 2008.
    I don't think I've looked at the older news in a long time.. time to go back to look!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    I was not saying anything personally about this situation, I was just pointing out a part of the reason why there is a gender/wage gap in the work place.

It is sexist and rude but it is capitalism. This is the society you live in, I am assuming by your avatar/signature you are of a capitalist nation. Labor is a big chunk of an employers costs, and this is why they would prefer not to hire young, fertile women. Think about it. An employer would prefer to pay you pennies for your work, or even nothing at all. They would obviously prefer not to hire a women who has a higher risk of extra costs then a man

The reasons are right in this thread
    I actually find this to be a really, really poor example of why there is (or "should be") a difference in gender/wage gap in the workplace, and based on my full-time job in a community-based career, here's why:

1. Firstly, this is droplet's first leave of absence that extends this long since she first started working at Neopets... I don't know when that personally was, but presumably upwards of 10 years ago. If she wants to have a child now, after 10+ years of dedicated work to us and to TNT, by all means let her and don't discredit the hard work she's done for the past 10+ years just because she's a "woman of reproductive age."

2. I work in a career greatly dominated by women, actually. The three supervisors of our section are women - one about to leave on maternity leave, actually! Every overproducing analyst that I've encountered in my section... is a woman. Three of our analysts (women) just got honored for the amount of work they produce that ended up SAVING my company over $400k last year - just the three of them! - because the amount of work they did in one year as individuals was the equivalent of what is required/expected of 3+ analysts. Just because they're "women of reproductive age" has absolutely no bearing on the amount of work they are capable of doing when they ARE there. And that same supervisor who is pregnant now? She's putting in extra time and overproducing at an incredible rate because she KNOWS she's pregnant and wants to do what she can to lighten the load of work before leaving to have her baby. Ultimately, 2-3 months of leave once or a couple times to have a baby over an entire career of work and dedication to a company is really insignificant... Granted, this might not be the same everywhere, but the point is that whether a woman chooses to have a baby or not has zero correlation to that same woman's ability to perform a job, and should therefore have zero correlation to whether or not she gets paid the same amount as a man or even gets hired at all.

3. Maternity leave is a type of LEAVE, as in, you accrue it throughout your time working and are able to take the leave you've earned - whether male or female - and spend that time away from work to get paid for it. If the people I work with take maternity leave, they're using their own sick/annual leave hours that they're entitled to and have earned through their time working, or else they don't get paid. They're not wasting any of the company's money because they decide to have a baby - they either have the leave hours accrued and use them to get paid for their maternity leave (just as a man accrues the same amount of hours and could use the same amount of hours for another purpose) or they don't, and they don't get paid. It's not like they're magically getting paid for time spent away from the office - they've earned that time, just like any men who work in the field.

There's no real reason at all why one woman's choice to have a baby should ever mean that women as a whole make less money or shouldn't get hired for a job that they're more than capable of doing.
    Last edited by rachel; 03-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Aura (03-03-2015),Clair (03-03-2015),Sakuras (03-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The person in charge is just extremely pregnant and due any day now guys. Seriously this is one thing that will be coming back as soon as she has the baby and is no longer incapacitated.

Also holy shit people stop being such fucktards and arguing about sexism.

European countries don't have this completely pointless problem because they offer parental leave to men too. There is no fucking reason women need to be the only ones given a break when they have a new child. Actually having the child takes a week or two recovery, TOPS. Like any normal surgery or flu or something. Past that, the problem is that no one ever bothers giving the dad time to see HIS OWN FUCKING CHILD. This is so unfair its not even funny. Its his baby too! It favors women since they get some maternity leave (which is not even mandatory because fuck parents, right?) AND unbalances everything.

This is why I hate America.
    Last edited by CaptainNight; 03-03-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid