388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Tips on studing?

I have some EOC's coming up here soon. I have never really studied before in my life ( I make really good grades, anyways ) but now I feel like I really need to. The class I am worried about is Biology, any tips on creative ways to study?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    6d 12h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I like using flashcards, start by memorizing groups of 5 and then increase the amount ( while still keeping those you have memorized) till you can go through the whole set. You can reward yourself with a snack every 20 cards you memorize to keep you motivated and energized, Another method I like (this is more like an add on to the flashcards or reading though) is recording yourself saying the information on your phone and listening to it throughout the day, I find that saying the information with a little rhythm to it helps as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lulo3cream For This Useful Post:

Master Shake (07-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Biology is one of my favorite subjects. I find the easiest way to study is to study for 45/50 min then give yourself a ten minute break. Study your information out of order, by studying the topics out of order it makes your brain work harder to recall and memorize the information instead of just recalling the day and order you reviewed it in. Usually works for me! Good luck on your exams and if you need any help or want to study in Bio let me know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnoLeopard For This Useful Post:

Aska (07-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoLeopard View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Biology is one of my favorite subjects. I find the easiest way to study is to study for 45/50 min then give yourself a ten minute break. Study your information out of order, by studying the topics out of order it makes your brain work harder to recall and memorize the information instead of just recalling the day and order you reviewed it in. Usually works for me! Good luck on your exams and if you need any help or want to study in Bio let me know
    Help me study tomorrow?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Help me study tomorrow?
    Sure thing! Just PM me. I should be on tomorrow afternoon/evening/night

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It has been found that like the first and last 10 minutes of studying are when you remember the most things. So, I usually study for 30 minutes, take a 5 min break and then repeat. Also, after I finished those 30 minutes, I quickly summarize what I read and after my break I quickly review the last part I studied. In bio, I make flashcards for certain facts, like for all the enzymes, processes etc that I need to memorize, but those are usually less important than understanding the general principles.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    i read this as 'tips on selfies'? o.o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    The important thing is to reward yourself for studying, I've found. I would study for 30-40 minutes and give myself a 10-15 minute break and play around on the interwebz. Once I returned to studying, I'd do a quick review on what I just studied to make sure it stuck, and moved on. I would study things in chunks.

For example, I took a German Lit course in college and I would split up the eras and study nothing but that until I retained it. Moved on but came back in the middle of learning a different era to make sure I still remembered the previous era.