16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I think it's just that they're slowly removing all the content from the game that people actively participated in
    KeyQuest removed, Habi removed, the BD is broken and has been for years and now the NT is down...
    Like shit, they're killing the site from within, so of course people are concerned.
    If they wanna be productive, they can take down the bloody pound chat.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Aska (02-22-2015),holyshiro (02-22-2015),Ked (02-22-2015),Q*bert (02-22-2015),rachel (02-22-2015),tf4trftf43 (02-22-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    $2,200,000 usd in 3 months does jack shit for a company. ~$730k per month? Look up the type of companies that run on that revenue. Remember, the mobile app is still being developed. Think about the money they have to pour in for development, research, beta testing, licensing, etc. Jumpstart isn't a sugar daddy, Jumpstart is their employer. Neopets is still in massive debt. If they can minimize the costs of hiring new staff, they will. They don't give a crap about what you want to read, and putting NT on hiatus will not affect anything. At the moment, they need new players, no one is going to decide on whether or not to play Neo because NT is on hiatus. I doubt any of us will quit playing because NT isnt available. It's not fair, but all people can do is cry about it. This is also why those idiotic petitions on the boards will never work. Who's the petition addressed to? It's like you borrowing someone else's toy for free, and then complaining to their parents that the toy is broken and that they haven't fixed it yet.

By not having their players pay for anything (again, premium isn't paying to play, premium is your donation with little perks), they get to do whatever the hell they want. This includes deleting a $2000 NC account without any reasoning, and they don't even have to provide evidence that the account ever existed. All your NC items are not your property, they're Neopets'. You didn't pay for jack shit.

The tone of this post isn't aimed at anyone on here btw. Do not take personal offense.

We're upset because we lose out profit on selling the items Neopets 'lent' us. Complain about the lag, complain about the broken site content, thats all fine by me. But complain because someone's on maternity leave and that they don't have someone to cover it immediately? Come on now.
    Last edited by The Black North; 02-22-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I think some people here is miss understanding the main point. I doubt that anyone here is arguing about being angry/upset of the Neotimes Staff lady going away on maternity leave: it honestly doesn't really matter the reason of why she left. The main point here is how TNT in general is handling the situation. Many people may not care since they don't really use the Neotimes, but I bet that if a Support System staff went away and TNT stopped replying tickets for 3 months until he's back, people that here is supporting/tolerating the absence, would be as annoyed or more.

Players are the ones that keep any site alive, neither if they pay for something or not, having activity on the site and people browsing and playing will still be supporting the site, and even bringing income by the publicity/advertisements placed on site. The thing is that currently those players are being left down by cutting out main sources of entertaining of the site. Battledome, Habitarium, Key Quest and now NeoTimes? I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person that would settle down with what ever they could give me: of course I will be angry and I will argue about the matter and show discontent. Of course it matters, all is related, is not just an aislated case... is not the first thing TNT screw up in the last 6 months.

Neopets is part of Jumpstart, the income of Neopets adds up to the general income that Jumpstart gets with all their applications/games. If they bought the site it was to make it part of their plans and improve it, but they've been doing exactly the contrary. So far it only seems that they are bringing Neopets to it's end with all the failures they are making, adding the lagg that has made a lot of players to quit, go to hiatus and stop playing.

The deal with the Neotimes is just another example of how mediocre they are handling things.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Aura (02-22-2015),Jessica (02-22-2015),Ked (02-22-2015),Sakuras (03-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There are people here who are upset that TNT was not prepared for a woman going on maternity leave, and that they should have hired or trained someone to take over this part of the site for the time being.

Players are the ones that keep the site alive. But they know the site will not survive with just us, and the minute number of people that come back to the site because of nostalgia. And this is even with the site running properly. Admit it, how successful are you when you try to get your friends to play Neopets? On top of keeping the site functional after an extremely difficult task to move the server, and updating old code to work properly with new machines, there is definitely a lot of money invested into mobile to lure a new wave of players. KQ and Habi? They're just old code dragging and slowing the site down. It would be stupid for them to invest in a flash game that barely runs properly. It's Flash. This isn't 2005, we barely visit newgrounds.net anymore. You will be angry, but they're not earning much from any of us right now. They're prepping for new players, hence the massive deflation. As much as you believe that Jumpstart is bringing Neo to an end, they're not. They've eliminated big parts that they think will be a failure in the upcoming future. I'm not surprised if they end up moving KQ to mobile. I am however, surprised they haven't made a change to how pets are being customized at the moment. When they do, they'll go through a major bump, and people will start crying that if they can't even customize their pets, why are they paying premium?

This thing with Neopian Times is just someone going on a maternity leave, and they have no immediate need to get someone to cover for the spot.

Again, I'm not arguing that people are complaining about how the site is pretty horrible at the moment. I feel it too, and I'm upset. As I stated in my first post, I'm baffled that some people are complaining that TNT doesn't have an immediate backup for a woman who went on maternity leave. Like you said, they're not upset that some lady went on maternity leave, I never said people were.
    Last edited by The Black North; 02-22-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    They should have had a back up when they found out she was pregnant. Obviously she's going to take leave, nobody pops out a kid and punches in at work the next day lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Jessica (02-22-2015),Pusheen (02-22-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ya, that's incredibly terrible of TnT not to have any type of back up plan in place, i always though the neopian times was a big part of neopets.

Apparently TnT doesn't think so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    Ya, that's incredibly terrible of TnT not to have any type of back up plan in place, i always though the neopian times was a big part of neopets.

Apparently TnT doesn't think so.
    Even though I never payed attention to the neopian times, I too thought this was one of Neoprts important pieces.. Lol
    -shrugs-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    this was a funny read.

I think its retarded neopets doesnt have someone else working on the feature with her. How do they expect one person to do all the editing and awarding so on so forth by herself and expect it to be good and be released on time. Hats off to her for doing a good job so far seems to be the only part of the site that wasnt fucked up lol

So i think its stupid they dont have someone who could fill in or some overhead that could.

I think its dumb that people are upset at her. Congrats to her!
    They should not be upset at her but at Neopets for not managing properly.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

awe (03-01-2015),Pusheen (02-22-2015),Rosa (02-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Another "retired" avatar/trophy for the time being. Hope it doesn't turn into Lenny Conundrum.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wait, so one person's been doing everything, and Neopets doesn't have a backup plan, even though they knew she was pregnant? Maybe Neopets really is actually starting to shut down, after all these years.

And what was that about Keyquest being shut down? Maybe that's why it hasn't worked for me in the past few years.