Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why even have cheaters join the same team at all?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Why even have cheaters join the same team at all?

I've had this thought for a few years, now. I feel like it's not worth having one team we all join. The prizes and trophies are based on your performance, so it doesn't even matter if you're on the best or worst team. Having all the cheaters all on the same team makes an unexciting event (at least for me) even less exciting, for both cheaters and legit players.

If all cheaters decided to just join teams they themselves prefer, then a) there would be less, maybe even no signs of cheating b) people wouldn't be able to out cheaters by seeing what team they join every year, and c) it would make the Altador Cup a little bit more enjoyable for everyone. I honestly see no downsides other than losing team spirit for cheating communities.

It's my belief that TNT would have never made it so they locked your rank or added CAPTCHAs to the Altador cup if there was no cheater teams. If they were extremely serious about cheaters in other parts of the game they would have already added CAPTCHAs to stop score senders and autobuyers. They want to stop blatant and obvious cheating more than hidden cheating.

I'm not saying don't cheat in the Altador Cup at all, cheating in games is one of the most fun things you can do. I'm just saying - is it really worth it to all join the same team? Do the pros outweigh the cons?

Well, those are my thoughts and if you think I'm wrong then please tell me why.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bagel For This Useful Post:

best avocado (06-27-2018),Birds (06-27-2018),Corliss (06-30-2018),HairyKnucks (06-27-2018),Kyle (06-27-2018),salsadog (06-27-2018),Sephora (06-28-2018),Skellington (06-28-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-27-2018),Zorro (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    21d 22h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    No one is obligated to anything here. You are free to join the team you like. You are free to cheat or play legit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scripts:
    (you need an account to see links)

Script Request Open: Wanted to have a script to save few steps and seconds of your life? PM me and let's see if I can help you out?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richardscoot For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-27-2018),EvolutionZzZ (06-27-2018),j03 (06-27-2018),Synth Salazzle (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I really don't see the point of having a Clraik team, it backfired really bad this year and I'm pretty sure they would have been way more tolerant if the cheating was spread among all teams they were forced to address the problem because people were up in arms on the boards, because the cheating was so obvious.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zorro For This Useful Post:

bagel (06-27-2018),Birds (06-27-2018),HairyKnucks (06-27-2018),Sephora (06-28-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by richardscoot View Post
    No one is obligated to anything here. You are free to join the team you like. You are free to cheat or play legit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't disagree with you and if anything, my whole post says exactly what you're saying... I'm just saying that the way cheating in the Altador Cup is done now might be doing more harm than good, even for cheaters.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    21d 4h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I didn't get to join the CK team this year, but honestly it feels more like camaraderie than anything? Like... People want to feel a sense of community, and joining the same team helps that. Its never been this big of a deal in previous years and I don't understand why it is this year because there's "cheaters" on every team no matter what and the people who are too high and mighty for it will bitch and there's nothing that can be done about it. So it comes down to feeling like you're a part of a community, whether its the altador cup or supporting a real life event. This is 100% my own two cents though, and I can't speak for people who actually do join team ck every year.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ailunbee For This Useful Post:

Aska (06-27-2018),bagel (06-27-2018),Cinnamoroll (06-27-2018),Cybun (06-27-2018),Eed (06-27-2018),Herb (06-27-2018),j03 (06-27-2018),Korrie (06-27-2018),Kyle (06-27-2018),Menine (06-27-2018),Sakuras (06-30-2018),salsadog (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by ailunbee View Post
    I didn't get to join the CK team this year, but honestly it feels more like camaraderie than anything? Like... People want to feel a sense of community, and joining the same team helps that. Its never been this big of a deal in previous years and I don't understand why it is this year because there's "cheaters" on every team no matter what and the people who are too high and mighty for it will bitch and there's nothing that can be done about it. So it comes down to feeling like you're a part of a community, whether its the altador cup or supporting a real life event. This is 100% my own two cents though, and I can't speak for people who actually do join team ck every year.
    I get that, but does the camaraderie for cheaters have more worth than the camaraderie of legit players, which is (a number I'm pulling out of my ass) 75-90% of players? We're cheaters on a kid's pet site, not evil people. (I hope). What I'm trying to say is that this camaraderie is ruining the fun for the majority of players, and making it worse for cheaters by making cheating teams easy to recognize and target.
    Last edited by bagel; 06-27-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: more things

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bagel For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-30-2018),HairyKnucks (06-27-2018),Kyle (06-27-2018),Sephora (06-28-2018),Zorro (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    21d 4h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by bagel View Post
    I get that, but does the camaraderie for cheaters have more worth than the camaraderie of legit players, which is (a number I'm pulling out of my ass) 75-90% of players? We're cheaters on a kid's pet site, not evil people. (I hope). What I'm trying to say is that this camaraderie is ruining the fun for the majority of players, and making it worse for cheaters by making cheating teams easy to recognize and target.
    Not gonna lie though, with the way neo is its almost impossible to get ahead with anything. The economy is in the tank, they've nerfed the converted to UC trading, NC items are being pushed down our gullet like crazy with almost no NP wearables to supplement, and unless you're willing to risk bodily injury and/or have insane luck, getting high scores is really really hard. I have a full time job and a buttload of responsibilities, why shouldn't I be able to run a bot for me so I can still enjoy my nostalgia site? In an event like the Altador Cup maybe enough cheaters can make a difference, but most of it isn't gonna really affect other players. Its been proven that people buying UC's is what's keeping the PC afloat. Back to the topic though, if cheaters getting on the same team is what provides a sense of community for people, then... Why not. Its literally never been a big deal until this year for some reason, but *every* team will have cheaters for anything. Being on the same altador cup gives a sense of community for the cheaters who aren't willing to risk carpal tunnel and no sleep for stupid over the top achievements. I mean, you wanna be with people who share your likes and interests, and this is just part of it. �\_(ツ)_/� Like, I'm 100% on board with spreading out the cheaters more evenly, but as is let people band together. If Neo ends up putting capchas on everything, and people are willing to spend 18 hours a day playing the same monotonous game over and over four for them, but I wouldn't necessarily count that as an accomplishment as much as "your priorities are wrong." Idk.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ailunbee For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-27-2018),Eed (06-27-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've always thought it was risky to join a cheating community's team for multiple years on end. Not that it's proof by any means, but the team you've joined every year is public on your lookup. If someone knows that CommunityA has joined HW, DC, RI, and BV (I just made those up) the last 4 years and they click your AC shields on your user lookup, it's not hard to connect the dots. Again, it's not proof that you've cheated but it gives the nosey-nancy some ammo to report you and have TNT take a closer look at what you've been doing on your account.

For this reason I don't tend to join the CK team each year but I would enjoy some general AC chat, camaraderie, and cheerings-on of my forum-mates working on goals.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k80 For This Useful Post:

Kyle (06-27-2018),Sakuras (06-30-2018),Sephora (06-29-2018)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I really don't see the point of having a Clraik team, it backfired really bad this year and I'm pretty sure they would have been way more tolerant if the cheating was spread among all teams they were forced to address the problem because people were up in arms on the boards, because the cheating was so obvious.
    It backfired because we did not realize members from Neopets AND this community would show so much negativity.

We seriously just wanted to have fun within the community, host some giveaways/events with each other and be on our own.

Members did have access to my score sender, but you have to realize this bot was available for everyone else as well if they really wanted to use it. Every single team has people score sending. I actually realized and posted in our Discord today that if we didn't support a team, there probably would not be any reCaptcha's implemented this year. I will apologize, but I really think it's the people that flat out cried their tears out (drazu) to TNT that made this all come into play.

Also, gotta give some points to TNT for playing the pussy card and using an outsourced service from Google. You guys wrecked the AC for everyone, not just clraik members!
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Betrayal (06-28-2018),charmed (06-27-2018),Cinnamoroll (06-27-2018),Delibird (06-27-2018),DJ Music Man (06-27-2018),DrSloth (06-28-2018),Eed (06-27-2018),genesis (06-27-2018),Herb (06-28-2018),Lapis (06-27-2018),Meepit (06-27-2018),Raylu (06-28-2018),Sakuras (06-30-2018),salsadog (06-28-2018),shaka (06-27-2018),WantaFanta (06-27-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by bagel View Post
    ok i may be biased but i really don't understand how a acg will completely ruin the ac experience. even when i played 100% legit, the ac for me was just another opportunity at nice prizes and a trophy, if my team happened to win then cool. and tbh the silent majority of players really don't care fpr team spirit. if you look at previous ck ac teams, you're gonna see we didn't even place first in most of them, so we def didnt "rob" anyone of a gold trophy. and tbh thats the exactly the same things asgs do, except they pretend to be legit lmao.

also i find it hard to believe 90% of players are legit at this point rip

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shaka For This Useful Post:

j03 (06-27-2018)