Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your work like around this time of year?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Work at a gym and i HATE IT!@@@@@@@@
    SO SLOW

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    We work a lot with government entities like cities, school districts, etc. who all seem to close for ~2 weeks for Christmas and New Years. So it has gotten a little slow and will continue to slow down until January. I don't mind because it gives me time to put all of 2015's files into banker boxes in storage, create new folder files for 2016, and run some reports in our accounting database to make sure we don't have any crazy-old orders that never wrapped up properly. It's like Spring cleaning, but winter.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    68d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Christmas is the best time of the year where I work. I work in a small medical office so both staff and patients are constantly bringing in holiday food for everyone. Also this week and next we tend to get cancellations and the call volume is a little smaller so it's not quite as hectic as a normal day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    Christmas is the best time of the year where I work. I work in a small medical office so both staff and patients are constantly bringing in holiday food for everyone. Also this week and next we tend to get cancellations and the call volume is a little smaller so it's not quite as hectic as a normal day.
    I use to work for the corporate office of a medical company in Minnesota at their call center. I always worked on Christmas and it was the best day ever. No phone calls and I actually played neopets all day lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    265/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I work in a warehouse that prints novelty t-shirts so there's a few weeks before Christmas where we're REALLY hectic.
    But it dies down so quick.

We had 800+ orders last Monday and this Monday (today/yesterday), we literally only had like 400.
    Which is still a decent amount, but still.

We always consistently get busy around Mother/Father's Day, as well, and St. Patrick's day since we have a lot of designs for those days.

Everyone wants to buy shitty cheap meme shirts for Christmas presents & general holiday gifts.

If your work is affected by seasons/holidays, what's your work like at this time of year? Or on other holidays?
    Well it really shouldnt be so slow in such holidays. Although it is great that you got a big order (highly profitable.) Personally I work in a Party Shop. Pay is really great during the holidays. Many people really wish to order , BALLONS , CHAIRS , TABLES , AND PINATAS ! It really isnt so bad around december.
    Neopoints For Sale : Safest , Purest , Realest ! : Only 2$ / Million : In Stock : 78.396.636 /92.656.022

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I work at Cardio Barre which is an upscale workout studio - infusion of ballet, Pilates, and yoga. It's a full body, low impact workout; I've tried it myself because I get free classes and it's hard af. I'm the receptionist and basically the manager, so I open and close the studio, handle signing in everyone to class, handling merchandise, sending out newsletters, and cleaning the studio which is the worst part.

The studio has been suffering because our location is tucked away in this little neighborhood called Brentwood. Cardio Barre is a franchise and was created by Richard Giorla, who is this weird ass guy imo. Anyways, the franchise has been doing well and we even had celebrities workout at our studios. Our studio in particular is suffering and it's been getting worse and worse. First of all, each class is $19. No cool offers - we sell series of 10, 20, and 30 classes which starts at $180.

The holidays have been slow as fuck. We have been cancelling classes frequently, more than when I first started working there. It's been chill for me and I still get paid when classes are cancelled. I hope the location I work at doesn't go out of business; all the other locations are always busy and have +20 people per classes, where we have only 2 - 15 people maximum taking class.

I took into consideration that our location isn't desirable, even though our studio is the nicest one. What makes me question my boss's business regime is that the other studios in Brentwood actually do well... but we don't? Maybe the workout gets boring because we only offer two classes - beginner and advanced.

Sorry, I kind of rambled on.. but yeah, it's been real slow..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Tax season is coming... so we're shuffling papers, mailing out books, and scheduling. Also reviewing current client standings and making in-house decisions for the New Year. Pretty busy in the office... especially when normal work deadlines approach!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I helped my mom today at her job like she sells food and omg it was so busy my feet started hurting!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It seems like my work never really has high or low stretches in general, but rather a struggle to keep an influx of new customers throughout the year