Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I had to call the cops on my roommate last night.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Well I had a very long talk with him yesterday morning. He agreed he has a problem and wants to stop drinking altogether. There are three of us in the house besides him, and I think together we can get him to stop. He literally cried when we told him what he did. He pretty much kissed my ass all day lol but I have never seen him apologize like this, he meant it. The moment we told him he hit me, he started to cry. I forgave him. I told him though, the moment he drinks, we are all done talking to him. So he has agreed. Thank you guys for saying those things about him though, when I was angry they helped xD We are all just hoping he sticks with this (:
    @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links), @(you need an account to see links) .. thank you all for posting (:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

DarkByte (10-15-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 11h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There is no excuse for what he did. "He was drunk" is an overly used excuse. I'd definitely be finding myself a place to go if I were in your situation.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    It still doesn't seem like a very good situation at all, hopefully that gets better for you or you can find somewhere better to move on to. Best of luck and don't let that guy make you feel responsible for him, although you can be supportive all you like, his problems are not your responsibility if he doesn't better himself and just starts being a drunk douche again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Everything should be fine if he doesn't drink.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Roommates from hell are so much fun are they not? I once had a wanted murderer living with me... guy seemed totally normal... for the first week.

"I WANNA QUIT DRINKING". I've heard that line SO many times, they ALWAYS go back to drinking and being an asshole. It might not happen next week, but I'll guarantee it'll happen again within 6 months. Lets not forget Halloween and the holiday seasons are approaching. Do you really think he'll stay sober for those? Unless he's going to rehab, or to AA meetings everyday then just assume what he did the other night WILL happen again... because I can guarantee it will! You've now allowed him to get away with what he did WITH NO CONSEQUENCES. Subconsciously he thinks he can do it again, and he will.

You've done him no favors and yourself no favors. Why are you putting up with this? Grow a back bone. If someone did this to me you can bet your bottom dollar they'd come home to ME gone and BLEACH poured all over their shit. Motherfuckers like this can go die.

Screw the deposit, find a new place for the 1st. If you're the one on the lease, kick him the FUCK OUT! If you have a good friend ask them if you can leave your stuff there till shit settles down... cause you never know what crazy motherfuckers will do when you're not there. I had a roommate destroy 2 years worth of paintings (10 pieces) when he was drunk cause I had given him notice for being a douche bag.

Camera phones/voice recorders are you best friend right now! I find a lot of us today forget we have all this technoloy at our finger tips. FILM THE MOTHERFUCKER AND SHOW THE COPS. I swea, if you had a video of him and showed it to him, he'd never drink again. Drunks hate having to own up to shit they did when they were drunk... they'd rather just "forget about it".

FUUUUUUUUCCCK HIMM. I can forgive someone for being a drunken fool, but when you start breaking stuff that's not easily replaced it's time to gtfo.

DUDE!.... Life is too SHORT!!!! Why surround yourself with ASSHOLES. Be done with them.

SORRY if I sound short. I've just been in your situation and it pisses me off!!! LOL

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO
    Last edited by M4S0N1C; 10-15-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    lol it's all good I know what you mean.. all we can really do is make sure he sticks with it.. he has never actually been like this before :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/7
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    That's what you get when you live with alcoholics.(Don't take that the wrong way ) Move out? Get him to scoot?
    laughing at internet security since middle school

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    that's so awful i'm sorry, hope everythings ok now

i would call the cops on him the next time he's drunk and throwing a tantrum even if its not directed at you- that way he'd hopefully be too drunk and stupid to talk his way out of it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. Even those that complete rehab and stay sober for years / decades just can't pick up a drink again. It's how your brain is wired that gets messed up, not your mental restraint to avoid being a drunk. Once they do drink again after any period of time, it's back to where they started. I'd be very wary of your "friend's" resolution to not drink anymore.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    151/1
    Mentioned
    442 times
    Time Online
    122d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    proud of u for what u did,

(yes coming from 17 y/o)

never know what a drunk person can do, or sober..