Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did anyone else not know about this? (premium issue)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I have premium, can't find this info anywhere

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    The board is still up. It makes sense though that if you use a service you didn't pay for, that they'd request the money and possibly freeze your account. You agree to a contract when you sign up for premium. Of course, it does suck, but it looks like the OP got her account back rather quickly, so it's not too painful.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Even though I cancelled my premium far enough in advance, going to make sure it's cancelled on paypal end as well just to be sure.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The board is still up. It makes sense though that if you use a service you didn't pay for, that they'd request the money and possibly freeze your account. You agree to a contract when you sign up for premium. Of course, it does suck, but it looks like the OP got her account back rather quickly, so it's not too painful.

It makes sense if they take away your PREMIUM features that you didn't pay for, not the entire account which is FREE to create in the first place.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokaiger View Post
    It makes sense if they take away your PREMIUM features that you didn't pay for, not the entire account which is FREE to create in the first place.
    Not necessarily. You pay for a service, and if you use that service without paying, you're breaking contract. It may suck, but it makes perfect sense and is legal.

For example, let's say you are supposed to pay on January 15th for premium. TNT charges your credit card January 15th, and then January 30th, they receive a message that the payment never went through. That means you got got free service for 15 days, which is breaking your contract.

Freezing until they get the money may sound extreme, but what else can they do? Take away the premium and just let you go? That means you would've gotten 15 days of free service, and then there's no stopping anyone from abusing that system.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    211 times
    Time Online
    90d 14h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Recently one of my mains was frozen and I still dont know the reason I sent in a ticket but I had premium with it that expired in December with a old card that was no longer in use. They could have tried to get payment but it would of not worked. I dont think they would freeze for this as my premium disapered and I was iced a week after.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    im thinking it has more to do with a fee they get charged for. Bank reversals and insufficient funds fee's

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I better check my shit. If I get iced for missing a payment I'd flip lol and f paying a 25 dollar fee, I wouldn't even want to get my account back

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokaiger View Post
    Actually, they've said before that once premium is given to an account, they can't take it away until the premium expires.
    I know because this happened to @(you need an account to see links).
    She was paying for 4-month premium membership for a friend (for just one time, or so she thought) and then they didn't tell her that it renewed two more times, and when Colby realized the charges on her account, she contacted TNT and they told her pretty much that there were two options:

1. Refund her and freeze her friend's account until the premium membership expired (4 months later), as it had already renewed and would have premium membership for 4 more months,

or 2. Let her friend keep the account and not get a refund.

As in, the only way to take away "Premium membership" on an account is to take away the whole account - there's no way to just remove the premium services from the account once they've been added.

Not saying if this is 100% true or not because it seems ridiculous that they wouldn't be able to take off the services or aspects to an account that they added, but just saying what happened to this girl is consistent with what they've done or said they could do in the past, regarding refunding for premium membership.