Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by seimi View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)uejustburnedgold
    Let's hope we will never lose our accounts! (maybe)
    -
    Does anyone think getting premium on the account would help? I've been meaning to get premium anyways.
    My real main that was legit mine until I started purchasing from clraik a few months ago got frozen so I'm taken it super slow on this one haha. I had premium and had bought a ton of NC on there and so far my ticket is still open and nobody has responded to my email either. Idk if it changes anything :/
    BTS → 봄날 SPRING DAY ♫
    morning will come again
    no darkness, no season is eternal

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I know a lot of people say premium gives you an advantage on the customer service side but "Premium don't mean shit" I lost my legit 12 1/2 year old main a few years ago I had premium for two years and bought hundreds of nc nothing illegit ever touched that account(i didn't know you could even buy neo stuff online then) and I pulled the "I spent lots of cash on premium and nc" card when it got frozen to no avail...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Isis For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (04-19-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    17d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Oh damn, that's awful. Why were you two frozen for though?
    But I guess it's still worth a try hehe.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) buying neopoints or items. I couldn't figure out what happened until I realized that they froze a shell that I bought as well, soooo they definitely caught me and I doubt I'll get it back
    BTS → 봄날 SPRING DAY ♫
    morning will come again
    no darkness, no season is eternal

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'm one of the believers that premium helps, on the count that you have it for a few months straight. If you buy an inactive main, there is always going to be risk with the process, but there are also varying levels of precautions you should take depending on how good the account looks.

If you bought a previously well known/semi-known account, there are quite a few things you have to do to make sure you don't get caught. If the owner was active in the past 2-4 years, there are some high chances that a few of the previous owners friends will still play, and within that group, there might be only one or two who actually remember you. But if they do, and they message you, I'd be sure to do a little research in how the old owner of the account spoke. Things can change in the amount of years the original owner has been inactive for, so them getting older, improving on grammar and such is entirely possible, but I'd always try to keep the personality the same. You can find that stuff by digging around the account a little, through pet lookups, the original lookup on the account, neoboard fonts, etc. Change the info on the account extremely slowly (and always update the cache), though I usually stick with the name and gender of the account if the account was previously well known on the forums since you WILL get questions.

On a generally unknown account, it's a lot easier. You can usually just delete the friends off their list if any are still active. Change the info at a quicker pace, but nothing too quick to alert TNT, especially if you want it to be your main for the long run. I've always found that taking over foreign accounts (not from the USA for me) tend to be easier.

Overall, patience is key, especially with an "epic" account. I'd keep it low key for the first month or so, since recently a lot of the affluent (neo affluence haha) players have been keeping a legitimate HAWK eye on accounts that have been popping out of no where. In their defense, a lot of these accounts make it so blatantly obvious that they aren't the original owner, or that they are just there to AB and attic AB, that I almost feel like they deserve it. A lot of the top players with stamp avatars and such tend to avoid trading with accounts that come out of no where, especially if they have rare items. If you take over an account with a nice gallery already on it, keep it there and don't touch it; hell, add to it even! Nothing screams of suspicion more than a person coming back from a "five year long hiatus" only to trade off their entire 1000 slot gallery that they spent months building up.
    Last edited by Marvel; 04-19-2014 at 08:52 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marvel For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (04-20-2014),seimi (04-19-2014),simmie (04-19-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    17d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I personally think it works as well. Take me for instance. I've only tried to take over an active account once, and when I did that I sent a compromised item (dumb move, I know, but I learned my lesson) to one of my sides linked to my completely legit main with nc and premium.
    Obviously I ended up with that side frozen for 'suspcious activity', and all it took was a ticket sent from my main saying I had no idea what had happened and didn't know that my side that I used for nothing more than storing pets was frozen until someone nmed me about it (sort of true). The result? I got my side back one week later, good as new.
    I guess it helps that I can send tickets in more than one language, but still, I think premium was key here.
    And thanks for the tips, btw! I will be sure to follow them. Do you mind if I pm you about the account so you can help me figure out what I should change about it? ^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to seimi For This Useful Post:

Marvel (04-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) Sure thing! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    17d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Pmed you. Thanks again!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    56d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Change a lot of detail so the owner would not know the detail.
    But change it slowly,,if the pet doesn't worth any dump it

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) I was frozen for "my own protection" shortly after I had sold an expensive trading card in the auctions for a few million