26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I'm confused on why their identity matters so much outside of anyone that isn't TNT lol. I kind of feel like this isan odd conversation for a cheater site to have?

Thats why the focus of my topic is the HOW. I'm very curious about things like this and want to better understand how they do it. Since we're a cheater site we have the freedom to discuss subjects like this, instead of being able to only complain/guess identity like on the neoboards.

Naturally, humans are drawn to mystery and intrigue which is why there's this obsession in regards to their identity. It could be Dom of all people, or even you, since your post is something the botter would probably say (jk, hopefully I got a chuckle out of you. but if you're actually the botter don't kidnap me please)

Also like other users are mentioning, the botter is making a material impact on the in-game economy and taking opportunities from players. Even though yes we're posting on a cheater site, we're Neopians too just like the legit players.

At the end of the day it's TNT's job to handle it however they see fit. Now I'm curious.. HOW would they handle it?

u 'mirin?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-06-2024),I_royalty_I (02-05-2024),jmg (02-07-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (02-05-2024),Pringle (02-06-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Thats why the focus of my topic is the HOW. I'm very curious about things like this and want to better understand how they do it. Since we're a cheater site we have the freedom to discuss subjects like this, instead of being able to only complain/guess identity like on the neoboards.

Naturally, humans are drawn to mystery and intrigue which is why there's this obsession in regards to their identity. It could be Dom of all people, or even you, since your post is something the botter would probably say (jk, hopefully I got a chuckle out of you. but if you're actually the botter don't kidnap me please)

Also like other users are mentioning, the botter is making a material impact on the in-game economy and taking opportunities from players. Even though yes we're posting on a cheater site, we're Neopians too just like the legit players.

At the end of the day it's TNT's job to handle it however they see fit. Now I'm curious.. HOW would they handle it?
    The reason for my post was because the botters potential username was dropped in here earlier. Which is why these convos can be potentially dangerous since people could be reporting a possibly innocent user. I do agree that there's nothing wrong with discussing the how, though.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Miri (02-05-2024),Pringle (02-06-2024),Styx (02-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    The reason for my post was because the botters potential username was dropped in here earlier. Which is why these convos can be potentially dangerous since people could be reporting a possibly innocent user. I do agree that there's nothing wrong with discussing the how, though.
    Ah ok, after I made the thread I didnt check it for about a day so I didn't see who was being named. Hopefully my post didnt come off as feeling a certain type of way

I definitely agree with you on the dangers of naming people

u 'mirin?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-06-2024),Buizel (02-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I also have my doubts as to whether it's just a witch hunt or something that is actually happening. I would have assumed if somebody was doing this, they would be using the oldest possible accounts to do it with. I have been looking through all accounts 22+ years old and I don't see that many that are on stealth or active, most are long long ago. I guess they could be using accounts that aren't as old since they are more plentiful, but if you're going big, why not go as big as possible and maximize your returns.

Also our good buddy over on reddit, nt, has made multiple posts claiming this "botter" has restocked 100% of lots of items, buys/sell different items here and there - I'm not sure these stats are legit or complete bullshit. In other posts he mentions how it's very difficult to figure out what accounts belong to the "botter" and which ones don't. Saying that without activity such as moving mass amounts of NPs in obvious ways or tossing up other red flags, staff might not know what's going on.

I find that hard to believe after having an account frozen recently that I'd move maybe 700m in pure to - over a YEAR. I guess I just moved a little too much too quickly and got frozen. Bummer, but whatever. That number is peanuts compared to what the "botter" is apparently moving. So I find it hard to believe they haven't been caught yet if they are a real person. I also find it odd that nt is posting all this shit on reddit but yet he won't provide the information to TNT so they can take action and look into it further. He is simply posting more data for the clout and claiming all this is happening. Is it hard to find the accounts or is it easy to find the accounts and see everything they are doing? Very contradictory in my opinion.

Either nt is the botter, knows the botter and is covering, or is just full of shit. Those are the three options that I see being plausible.

Regardless of whether it's true or not, the main harm something like this causes has already been mentioned. They could buy up all the stockable items and keep anybody else from getting them. They could do this at the cove too and could explain why we didn't see nearly the amount of released items pop up that TNT said they released. They could do essentially whatever they wanted on the site by having unlimited NPs. Buying or inflating items simply because they have the NPs to spare is an easy one to pinpoint. You want a SUAP? Well that's too bad because there is somebody out there with endless NPs who will always pay more than you. You want that rare stamp, weapon, collectible, etc? Same thing.

It wouldn't impact the site, usage wise, because the site should be more than capable of handling a few thousand accounts doing basic dailies. It's not a taxing process to run that many accounts through VPNs and such. It would be a nightmare to set up, likely involving multiple VMs, VPNs, etc to get it done - but in todays world, cloud computing is cheap and they could set up a farm to knock this out every single day without much issue, until TNT catches them.

If this were an issue, you'd think TNT could do a deep dive on accounts participating in FC. Run a query for accounts that played x amount of days in the month and have x amount of NPs on hand/in bank. Any discrepancies should jump out if somebody were to be moving the NPs they earned to other accounts.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-05-2024),Autobot (02-05-2024),Buizel (02-05-2024),DarkSkies (02-06-2024),Excalibur (02-05-2024),gera (02-06-2024),Ghastly (02-05-2024),Guil (02-05-2024),kittyray (02-05-2024),Miri (02-05-2024),nousha (02-06-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (02-05-2024),Pringle (02-06-2024),Sakuras (02-06-2024),♥ SomeClown ♥ (02-05-2024),Styx (02-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I also have my doubts as to whether it's just a witch hunt or something that is actually happening. I would have assumed if somebody was doing this, they would be using the oldest possible accounts to do it with. I have been looking through all accounts 22+ years old and I don't see that many that are on stealth or active, most are long long ago. I guess they could be using accounts that aren't as old since they are more plentiful, but if you're going big, why not go as big as possible and maximize your returns.

Also our good buddy over on reddit, nt, has made multiple posts claiming this "botter" has restocked 100% of lots of items, buys/sell different items here and there - I'm not sure these stats are legit or complete bullshit. In other posts he mentions how it's very difficult to figure out what accounts belong to the "botter" and which ones don't. Saying that without activity such as moving mass amounts of NPs in obvious ways or tossing up other red flags, staff might not know what's going on.

I find that hard to believe after having an account frozen recently that I'd move maybe 700m in pure to - over a YEAR. I guess I just moved a little too much too quickly and got frozen. Bummer, but whatever. That number is peanuts compared to what the "botter" is apparently moving. So I find it hard to believe they haven't been caught yet if they are a real person. I also find it odd that nt is posting all this shit on reddit but yet he won't provide the information to TNT so they can take action and look into it further. He is simply posting more data for the clout and claiming all this is happening. Is it hard to find the accounts or is it easy to find the accounts and see everything they are doing? Very contradictory in my opinion.

Either nt is the botter, knows the botter and is covering, or is just full of shit. Those are the three options that I see being plausible.

Regardless of whether it's true or not, the main harm something like this causes has already been mentioned. They could buy up all the stockable items and keep anybody else from getting them. They could do this at the cove too and could explain why we didn't see nearly the amount of released items pop up that TNT said they released. They could do essentially whatever they wanted on the site by having unlimited NPs. Buying or inflating items simply because they have the NPs to spare is an easy one to pinpoint. You want a SUAP? Well that's too bad because there is somebody out there with endless NPs who will always pay more than you. You want that rare stamp, weapon, collectible, etc? Same thing.

It wouldn't impact the site, usage wise, because the site should be more than capable of handling a few thousand accounts doing basic dailies. It's not a taxing process to run that many accounts through VPNs and such. It would be a nightmare to set up, likely involving multiple VMs, VPNs, etc to get it done - but in todays world, cloud computing is cheap and they could set up a farm to knock this out every single day without much issue, until TNT catches them.

If this were an issue, you'd think TNT could do a deep dive on accounts participating in FC. Run a query for accounts that played x amount of days in the month and have x amount of NPs on hand/in bank. Any discrepancies should jump out if somebody were to be moving the NPs they earned to other accounts.
    I bet it's Mister Metokur. Dude srvived cancer, what else is left to do? Troll Neopia.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-05-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

Definitely agree with this, I'm with you. No one can deny there's bots in the game, but to make such bold claims of 100% of items going to this botter with 0 proof other than "trust me bro" isn't cutting it for me.

Plus, how long has this botter potentially been around? Why didn't he mention him sooner? I find it hard to believe that alllll of a sudden, some seller with 60k accounts decided to wild out like this when he hasn't done it years prior. One would think NT built up his rep with the fanbase before dropping this bombshell of a botter that suddenly explains why the Neopets economy is as bad as it is.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-05-2024),kittyray (02-05-2024),Miri (02-05-2024),Sakuras (02-06-2024),Styx (02-05-2024)

Pronouns
    She\Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Everyone mentions this food club botter in single person, so I assume it's one person. To add to that, on discord, facebook, reddit and even here, some people would often hint that they know who it is.

so if its
    a) one person
    and
    b) some players "allegedly" already know who it is

Can't TNT just hire a professional private investigator and find out who it is for 100% and just file charges? Like no offense, but I feel like if random players from neonation, reddit, discord and here can find out who it is, I feel like a professional private investigator would be able to do that too.

Or am I missing something?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bakery For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-05-2024),gera (02-06-2024),Sakuras (02-06-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    (im hoping its the person who loves their dog, I would do the same for my 2 cats)
    The only part that wouldnt be automated obv is physical management of hardware and their clerical stuff like responding to custom inquiries from buyers, and feeding the dog
    IDK where this came from but the dog lore is now all I care about now. I would hope he's feeding that puppy a good high-nutrient raw meats diet.

I also find it odd that nt is posting all this shit on reddit but yet he won't provide the information to TNT so they can take action and look into it further. He is simply posting more data for the clout and claiming all this is happening. Is it hard to find the accounts or is it easy to find the accounts and see everything they are doing? Very contradictory in my opinion.
    I think this sums it up so nicely. Either help them catch him or don't. Why are you posting these types of stats on a subreddit? What's NT trying to accomplish?
    Nothing good, cause he's an asshat.

Honestly what I like about being in cK is the freedom to play Neopets however you choose.
    Want to do it legit? Great
    Want some QoL improvements to the game so the grind isn't so boring? Great
    Want to spend RL money to save even more time? Great! You worked for it too - just happened to be IRL work.
    No real money? Go back to the first two options, no one cares, just be happy and don't forget to feed your Ryu.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-06-2024),billions (02-05-2024),Buizel (02-05-2024),Excalibur (02-05-2024),FlyHard (02-08-2024),Ghastly (02-05-2024),I_royalty_I (02-05-2024),Ice (02-05-2024),Stardew (02-07-2024),Styx (02-05-2024),Vis (02-06-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by bakery View Post
    Everyone mentions this food club botter in single person, so I assume it's one person. To add to that, on discord, facebook, reddit and even here, some people would often hint that they know who it is.

so if its
    a) one person
    and

Can't TNT just hire a professional private investigator and find out who it is for 100% and just file charges? Like no offense, but I feel like if random players from neonation, reddit, discord and here can find out who it is, I feel like a professional private investigator would be able to do that too.

this is why im for one on the edge of thinking its someone from TNT. like the Alice claims that came to surface about her item hustling.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (02-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by bakery View Post

so if its
    a) one person
    and

That is a great question. If anything what would be more likely is TNT sending a cease and desist

u 'mirin?