Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever applied to work for Apple?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Has anyone ever applied to work for Apple?

If you did, what happened?

I applied for a position a couple months ago and never heard anything. I just went back to their website and saw that the position is still open and my application/resume is still there.

Does it really take that long to hear back? I'd really love this job, but it just seems weird.

Also, the people on the Apple Support Community forums are complete assholes.

PM me for any of the following:
    PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    i believe @(you need an account to see links) worked there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is there a number you can call to check the status of your application? I have never applied, but I have a friend who works there and I know that he had to go through at least 3 or 4 separate interviews.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
    Is there a number you can call to check the status of your application? I have never applied, but I have a friend who works there and I know that he had to go through at least 3 or 4 separate interviews.
    I can't find a number anywhere nor can I find any information about it. I do know that there are multiple interviews, thats not a problem.

PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Apple unfortunately has a fairly long list of applicants. It highly depends on what position you are applying for, but all things considered, it's possible you may either be "not looked at" or "waiting listed" if you didn't here back from them in about 3 weeks time. I don't work there, but alot of the big four accounting companies have similar policies (which I'm more familiarly attuned with). It's honestly, impossible to tell what it is. Sometimes re-applying couldn't hurt if it's been a lengthy wait as well. Though you may want to re-do parts of your resume when resubmitting and fix it so that there are more relevant experiences / achievements recorded on it.

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Tried to apply there when I was 18, turns out they my gauges are indeed a deciding factor in the hiring process. Who would have guessed?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Tried to apply there when I was 18, turns out they my gauges are indeed a deciding factor in the hiring process. Who would have guessed?
    :x. I would have...

Cause someday I'll be OVER 9,000... Rep!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciricus View Post
    Apple unfortunately has a fairly long list of applicants. It highly depends on what position you are applying for, but all things considered, it's possible you may either be "not looked at" or "waiting listed" if you didn't here back from them in about 3 weeks time. I don't work there, but alot of the big four accounting companies have similar policies (which I'm more familiarly attuned with). It's honestly, impossible to tell what it is. Sometimes re-applying couldn't hurt if it's been a lengthy wait as well. Though you may want to re-do parts of your resume when resubmitting and fix it so that there are more relevant experiences / achievements recorded on it.
    Well I tried to re-apply but since I've already applied once I can't reapply.
    I figured there were a bajillion applicants...I just didn't know if this was a normal wait time or what.

@(you need an account to see links) I'm applying for a work at home job with them, so hopefully my piercings won't be a deciding factor.

PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    386 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    Well I tried to re-apply but since I've already applied once I can't reapply.
    I figured there were a bajillion applicants...I just didn't know if this was a normal wait time or what.

@(you need an account to see links) I'm applying for a work at home job with them, so hopefully my piercings won't be a deciding factor.

I was applying to become a "genius" and basically after my third interview the manager stopped me and asked "what are those things in your ears?!" needless to say it was a bust haha. What would you be doing from home?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    352 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I was applying to become a "genius" and basically after my third interview the manager stopped me and asked "what are those things in your ears?!" needless to say it was a bust haha. What would you be doing from home?
    It bugs me when employers turn down perfectly qualified people due to their appearance, especially if it's minimal stuff like gauges.
    I applied for the AppleCare At Home Advisor position in my area.

PSN
    NDS Friend Code
    Tumblr