5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

3 Reasons To Travel While You Are Still Young

Catching up with age? Bored of playing neopets? Time to consider travelling..

I have always wanted to travel. I just want to share some writing from a blog post by a writer name Jeff Goins that inspired me to travel and i wish to share with you guys..
    (source: (you need an account to see links))

1. "Traveling teaches you to live an adventure - When you look back on your life, you will have moments of which you are proud and maybe a few you regret."

2. "Traveling helps you encounter compassion - In your youth, you will make choices that will define you. The disciplines you begin now will be with you for the rest of your life."

Something has happened!
    The Swamp Ghoul says 'I will eat your Neopets for breakfast...'

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mindflare For This Useful Post:

Emiley (04-27-2012),Hacoast (04-27-2012),zxzero (04-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Traveling definitely helps you to open your eyes a bit more and see many different cultures. I would recommend traveling to anyone and everyone, and I agree that it will change your life a lot.

However I would suggest that when you travel you don't go to a resourt where you will get no taste of their culture and you will be wine and dined to so to speak of falseness about the people and the culture that is there. At the same time I do not recommend that you go to a run down place where you are likely to get shot.

This is just an example, but people look at Africa as some old run down place where no one wants to venture into because they will see starving people or kids with guns ready to kill you, this is true about some parts of Africa and although Africa has been torn apart by money hungry people that just want diamonds and other resources there are still many beautiful parts of Africa.

Final thoughts would be to travel, it will be a wonderful experience and you will really love it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Completely agree. I love traveling. I want to visit every part of the world.
    But you need time and money to travel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slasher For This Useful Post:

zxzero (04-25-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I would be traveling because I have the money. And I would be in resorts, venturing to markets and tours such to explore the culture (I am most interested about the food) I would do but there is no way I would stay anywhere but the resorts for sleeping or generally hanging out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Traveling is definitely a good way to experience new culture and refine our own character. I love traveling, but unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of traveling around. To travel, huge amount of money is needed and I don't have them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I would be traveling because I have the money. And I would be in resorts, venturing to markets and tours such to explore the culture (I am most interested about the food) I would do but there is no way I would stay anywhere but the resorts for sleeping or generally hanging out.
    thats interesting to me, part of the experience of traveling is trying new things and seeing the world in a new way. In order to do that, you need to get outside of your comfort zone a bit.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've always wanted to travel.
    Growing up, I didn't get to go anywhere really.
    I did go on a mission trip to Mexico, and that has been the farthest I've travel. In states, only to Reno, NV. :/
    I was sheltered.

My bf and I are planning on taking a few trips this year and next year. But I hope to keep doing it after as well.
    I'm getting tired of seeing the same Northern California. Lol

Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    289 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kera View Post
    I've always wanted to travel.
    Growing up, I didn't get to go anywhere really.
    I did go on a mission trip to Mexico, and that has been the farthest I've travel. In states, only to Reno, NV. :/
    I was sheltered.

My bf and I are planning on taking a few trips this year and next year. But I hope to keep doing it after as well.
    I'm getting tired of seeing the same Northern California. Lol
    Maybe explore the south? I lived there for all my 14 years of life already. I would love to explore other states like New York and California, but I think I will be stuck in Kentucky for my whole life since its so expensive to travel. Kentucky is not that bad though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    thats interesting to me, part of the experience of traveling is trying new things and seeing the world in a new way. In order to do that, you need to get outside of your comfort zone a bit.
    Oh absolutely it is about trying and seeing new things. Being in another country in the first place is seeing the world in a new way, a way that is not your common neighborhood. Simply seeing new geography like snow for the first time or the tropical rainforest is seeing the world in a new way. And one can still see that other country via guided tour or on their own exploration but they are not required to live in a hut or a $10/night hostel to experience the new country. You can be in a nice resort and still experience the culture and country around you, which is my preferred method of travel. One day I want to visit Africa, not living a hut for 2 weeks afraid a Lion will break through the wall lol but be in a nice big hut chalet (touristy) while still going out on the rugged safari tours. That way I get my comfortable sleep while still visiting the amazing country. Though a trip to Africa would be flippin expensive! A girl can dream though lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Traveling definitely does relax the mind, especially if you are under extreme stress/too much work.