61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Draothgorin View Post
    If I fail to complete my dailies will my weekly prize reset? Mine is lame, just 100k
    It did reset on my side accounts, but take that with a grain of salt, as it was just the first day.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by apotheco View Post
    This will break the neo-economy lol. For majority of users I'd say we grinded hard for couple hundred million over like 5-10 yrs of playing. Now they drop R99 all over the place every week?!

Like the stamps and mystical tablet some players will get in a week? WTF

Doing literally little to nothing each day for a week = doing dailies 365 days/yr, participating in all the plots, saving up all these years.

Who's.behind the developing/brainstorm team at TNT?

If it's so easily accessible, there's no motivation to play. At least incorporate some tough battledome aspect into it. Sheesh Louise.
    I’m sorry but you sound like a salty ass reseller/inflator who’s just here to shit on this new idea because you’ve just lost your money-making scheme. Despite having spent millions on BD weaps and stamps, I am overjoyed for this change so that more people can get access to parts of the site that have been GATEKEPT for years because some people wish to be a capitalistic greed on this site.

The next thing I wish they’d change would be the fact that you can’t be on HST anymore when you already have the gold trophy. That will show gatekeepers lmao.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

aeroria (10-25-2023),Alcremie (10-25-2023),Autobot (10-25-2023),♥ Blissey ♥ (10-25-2023),Boothisuck (10-25-2023),DarkSkies (10-25-2023),KJiU (10-25-2023),Mangle (10-25-2023),nousha (10-26-2023),Null_user (10-25-2023),Ragemodeactivate (10-26-2023),Totodile (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    I’m sorry but you sound like a salty ass reseller/inflator who’s just here to shit on this new idea because you’ve just lost your money-making scheme. Despite having spent millions on BD weaps and stamps, I am overjoyed for this change so that more people can get access to parts of the site that have been GATEKEPT for years because some people wish to be a capitalistic greed on this site.

The next thing I wish they’d change would be the fact that you can’t be on HST anymore when you already have the gold trophy. That will show gatekeepers lmao.
    I don’t think it will ruin the economy, but I think it will definitely change it. Stamp avatars and high end BD weapons used to actually mark progress and how much time and effort people put into the game. Granted some people got lucky and have been around long enough to see their stuff jump up in price like crazy, but there are still ways to earn tons of NPs. The events like the AC usually give great prizes for the top spot that can be sold for tens of millions. Having high end stamps and weapons that are not affordable to every single user is a good thing. Gives people something to work towards and lets us have goals. If everybody had all the stamp avs and a killer BD set.. what’s the point? Everybody doesn’t have to have what everybody else has for it to be fair.

I don’t see it as gatekeeping at all. For the people who worked hard to earn their stuff, then have one event come out and cut your net worth down by 90% is wild, and a little disheartening I’d imagine.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Chupacabra (10-25-2023),KJiU (10-25-2023),Strat (10-25-2023),Unown (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I don’t think it will ruin the economy, but I think it will definitely change it. Stamp avatars and high end BD weapons used to actually mark progress and how much time and effort people put into the game. Granted some people got lucky and have been around long enough to see their stuff jump up in price like crazy, but there are still ways to earn tons of NPs. The events like the AC usually give great prizes for the top spot that can be sold for tens of millions. Having high end stamps and weapons that are not affordable to every single user is a good thing. Gives people something to work towards and lets us have goals. If everybody had all the stamp avs and a killer BD set.. what’s the point? Everybody doesn’t have to have what everybody else has for it to be fair.

I don’t see it as gatekeeping at all. For the people who worked hard to earn their stuff, then have one event come out and cut your net worth down by 90% is wild, and a little disheartening I’d imagine.
    Would you say the same applies to NC UC’s? People spent years trading up to T10, trading RW’s / RN’s along the way and now it was kinda pointless once the NC UC’s come out…

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Would you say the same applies to NC UC’s? People spent years trading up to T10, trading RW’s / RN’s along the way and now it was kinda pointless once the NC UC’s come out…
    100%.
    Id say NC UCs should come with caveats. They should not be treated the same as /real/ UCs. Ideally they’d be marks as no trade or they run away, similar to lutaris. Or they somehow come with a designation that they are NC UCs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post

I agree with the gatekept part especially because the neopian economy has been absurdly artificially inflated since 2019 or so.
    It’s even more disheartening when an item you saved up for that cost 15m ballooned to 50m just because some rich guys wanted to squeeze some blood from a stone. Saw some dudes trying to inflate SuAP even more on TP the other day by another 300-400m for example.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    31d 19h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I feel like the problem comes from systemic use of "prize polls", that is a very predictable reward system, eventually everything in it devalues.
    Neopets used to rely on luck and effort, with odds based reward system...

I really like the idea of daily quest and the efforts they put in reviving the site, but for now it doesn't reflect the how value was built on to neopets economy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marius For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4d 15h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    I feel like the problem comes from systemic use of "prize polls", that is a very predictable reward system, eventually everything in it devalues.

I really like the idea of daily quest and the efforts they put in reviving the site, but for now it doesn't reflect the how value was built on to neopets economy
    The problem with the 'luck and effort' is that isn't a system that appeals to a majority of potential players, especially when they need to compete against the amount of bots neo has. Neo has very few avenues for an average player to really progress, Runescape while also plagued with bots has much less issue with competing for resources.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Draothgorin For This Useful Post:

aeroria (10-25-2023),cornishwall (10-25-2023),cregganwhitehare (10-25-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (10-25-2023),I_royalty_I (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post

I'd agree with the prize pools and it kind of proves my point. When everybody can get something, nobody wants it. This most recent event could have gotten you an istaff and those sold quite easily for 15m in the beginning, haven't been tracking them for a few days now. Eventually the items given out get flooded into the market and nobody wants them, they want other items that they don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Draothgorin View Post
    The problem with the 'luck and effort' is that isn't a system that appeals to a majority of potential players, especially when they need to compete against the amount of bots neo has. Neo has very few avenues for an average player to really progress, Runescape while also plagued with bots has much less issue with competing for resources.
    I think we can only use the botting as the excuse for so long. Does botting have the advantage on restocking - absolutely. Are autobuyers anything new - not by a long shot. It's just that the person who is doing it now is doing it on a much bigger scale. The luck and effort doesn't appeal to most people because they want that instant gratification. They want everything without putting in the effort to get it. Sure some of the stamp avatars are cool, but once everyone has them, they will just want the new one and be mad that a handful of people have it and they don't. Of course I'm saying all this from my perspective and an illegit side of things - but hey, everyone has that option too. The main problem with neo is there aren't many middle of the road items. There are items that are SUPER cheap and there are items that are SUPER expensive. How to bridge that gap, I don't have a 100% solid answer, but deflating any item that has value seems like a terrible way to do it to me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ foxe ♥ (10-25-2023),♥ Vee ♥ (10-25-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m